FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Re-Building Process

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

Ok now that i have calmed down from the Partick result i am now going to ask a good question: When should the re-building process start for Inverness Caley?

I would say give it until the end of the season to see if Butch and management team plan on carrying on and IF we are still in 1st Division i would expect the re-building to start as top name players like Foran, Hayes, Esson etc. will be off.

In my opinion when we do start re-building i would fit the team around Munro and/or Tokely and would also accept the fact that it will be a long, hard Re-building process.

Edited by Mahonio

As far as I am concerned we're still going through the "Rebuilding Process" following relegation and we'll not have any need for another one any time soon unless we can get the finger out and secure promotion.

Getting caught in a constant circle of "Rebuilding" would be the worst trap we could fall in to right now.

Still reckon the board should

a). Sign up the management team on a 3 year deal.

Or

b ). Change it now.

I still think we're in for a long season with plenty of twists. I was speaking to one of my friends tonight - a fanatical Dundee fan. He said although they defeated the caravan dwellers 1-0 Dundee were honking. Saying that, we couldn't defeat the our feeder club

Edited by Top Six Next Year

Still reckon the board should

a). Sign up the management team on a 3 year deal.

Or

b ). Change it now.

I still think we're in for a long season with plenty of twists. I was speaking to one of my friends tonight - a fanatical Dundee fan. He said although they defeated the caravan dwellers 1-0 Dundee were honking. Saying that, we couldn't defeat the our feeder club

Who's the feeder club now? :lol:

Its a worrying scenario, if at the end of the season we are not winning the league Butch will be off as his remit was to keep us in the SPL/or win us the 1st Div ( and this is not looking too likely) as said above most of our good players will but snapped up, Esson,Imrie,Foran,Hayes,Odihambo, Cox will be off with Eagle/Stratford.

This will leave us with no money, the parachute payment is spent paying off the Romanian so we can only afford a average manager or gamble on a up and coming manager who may not have the connections to sign decent players.

Butch has been an expensive gamble which hopefully might pay off, but i cant see it.

If the Directors have any business sense, and that has yet to be proved, they need to sit down with TB and MM now and ask them what their plans are if we get promoted/if we don't het promoted. If the anser to either question is that we are not staying, then the club need to start looking at potential managerial candidates now and be ready to move for this person once it becomes apparent what is going to happen.

So simple really but will our board of muppets realise this?.

Esson has proved he is probably the best keeper in the first div, he will get an SPL game no prob.

Foran will move on, he signed on for one season and targeted 20 goals for us...

Hayes has proved although young he can be a dangerous player, and is out of contracr, thus will be a target.

Odihambo looks a good player and will more than likely leave.

Stratford/Eagle/Cox are not good enough i feel, and will not be resigned.

Golly will not get another season.

Roy Mcbain will be out of contract and will get snapped up by a smaller team.

Imrie is not as good as he thinks he is, but can be spectacular, he could find a bigger team.

Barrowman.... well he's got another 1.5 seasons on a big salary.

So the next manager will have some rebuilding to do for season 10/11.. hope CC and BW can cope!

As Don says, are we not rebuilding right now? Are short term fixes like Golly not a sign of that? As for rebuilding the team around Munro and Tokely, is that likely? Both have been (sadly) less than their best this year. Rosscoe looked like a shadow of himself in the 2nd half against Dundee. The rebuilding needs to continue, and the priority seems to be a mobile and skilled central defender (or two) and clearing out some who will clearly not fit in. As for end of the season rebuilding if we don't go up, there will plenty of time for that at the end of the season.

Definitely dont work a new team around Munro, or Tokely. We need to think bigger than that surely. Have to say, although hes a Caley legend, Tokely hasnt been on his toes and been getting WELL caught out by younger wingers.

Anyway, for me, if we dont get promoted, the whole club needs a reshuffle. Board, managers, players, the lot. Get this club even close to how it was once before. This includes positives from the fans.

We have came up 3 leagues, and down just 1 in 15 years. Lets get the club back to where we belong, and thats the top flight. The highlands needs it.

Definitely dont work a new team around Munro, or Tokely. We need to think bigger than that surely. Have to say, although hes a Caley legend, Tokely hasnt been on his toes and been getting WELL caught out by younger wingers.

Anyway, for me, if we dont get promoted, the whole club needs a reshuffle. Board, managers, players, the lot. Get this club even close to how it was once before. This includes positives from the fans.

We have came up 3 leagues, and down just 1 in 15 years. Lets get the club back to where we belong, and thats the top flight. The highlands needs it.

Great point quite clear both munro and tokley are regretfully to say past it.

We are down in the 1st division for a reason not cause of not taking chances last year cause we deserve to be.

Week in week out we are pushed to limits by second rate sides like Ayr and some can say were not re-building.. Are side was changed majorly over summer with a whole new midfield. It is obvious we are not at a level where we can expect to win every week and we must get back to the old caley spirit where we weren't over confident and fought for every point unlike the team day where team spirit is somewhat questionable..

Great point quite clear both munro and tokley are regretfully to say past it.

We are down in the 1st division for a reason not cause of not taking chances last year cause we deserve to be.

Week in week out we are pushed to limits by second rate sides like Ayr and some can say were not re-building.. Are side was changed majorly over summer with a whole new midfield. It is obvious we are not at a level where we can expect to win every week and we must get back to the old caley spirit where we weren't over confident and fought for every point unlike the team day where team spirit is somewhat questionable..

I wouldn't agree that Grant Munro is past it.

The rebuilding started after relegation and given the current financial situation it will probaby be a repeated cycle until get promoted again. The longer we languish in the 1st division, the more changes will be made at the end of each season in terms of playing and managerial staff.

How to get ICT back to the SPL in 5 quick steps:

1) Sell Imrie to Hamilton during the christmas period for 70k

2) Use that money to fund contracts for Hayes, Cox, Foran & Bully

3) Should be some left over to buy an experienced tall centre half (Bullen?) and a young Don Cowie on loan if we have to.

4) Keep to the current formation (Rooney looks as though he's made to play upfront on his own)

5) Work on fitness & not conceding any goals for the rest of the season

:rolleyes: :( Guarenteed success, if not, a full money back guarentee :( :(

One of our other posters got a letter from Mike Smith a wee while ago, on it he stated that they were looking in to getting folk out and about looking at the local teams from all over the north of scotland and Aberdeenshire.

I hope they are going back ot a local team for local people.. I think the Club have already started Re-Builing process. Pele for Scout!!

It seems as though we have the nucleus of a pretty good team and there is not a lot of squad rebuilding required - although we certainly need more in the way of defensive options. It is not all doom and gloom. People should keep in mind the first half of the Alba cup final when we totally outclassed the team that is generally regarded as the favourites to win the league. Remember too, that away from cup action, we are the leading scorers in the league.

What I think we do need to rebuild is the team spirit. I don't know what is going on behind the scenes but the kind of spirit that used to be a feature of the team just isn't there. There is far too much blaming and not enough mutual encouragement when things are not going well. There is not the same level of competetiveness on the park as there used to be. Perhaps fitness levels are also a factor here as the players in general do not look as sharp as they used to be in the Brewster days. And it seems to be the old guard that are most at fault here as one certainly can't fault the effort put in by the like of Foran, Hayes and Rooney.

If we can improve on that and have somebody whisper a few words of tactical wisdom into TB's ear from time to time, there is no reason why we can't make good progress for the rest of the season with only minor personnel changes.

The question I would like to ask is "Can we afford to get promoted?" Is it realistic to think we are an SPL side. Unless someone with money to burn is prepared to take on Caley Thistle I don't think we will be able to afford the SPL.

So the next manager will have some rebuilding to do for season 10/11.. hope CC and BW can cope!

Who's that then? I know CC must be Charlie Christie, but who must BW be? Barry Wilson? Bobby Williamson? Bohn Wobertson? Bele Waterson?

One of our other posters got a letter from Mike Smith a wee while ago, on it he stated that they were looking in to getting folk out and about looking at the local teams from all over the north of scotland and Aberdeenshire.

I hope they are going back ot a local team for local people.. I think the Club have already started Re-Builing process. Pele for Scout!!

The re-building has started one of our promising youngsters Daniel Park who is currently on loan at keith was told today that his contract which runs out at the end of the month will not be renewed

The re-building has started one of our promising youngsters Daniel Park who is currently on loan at keith was told today that his contract which runs out at the end of the month will not be renewed

who is it making this sort of decisions?? im stating to get a bit peeved at all the let goes that have come back to bite us!!!