FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Score Board

caleyjag10

think i can confidently say that its not gonna happen ..... back in the midsts of time this question was asked in Boardroom Banter and the response from the club was that it wasnt on the agenda .... a 4th stand or increasing the others (if we needed the capacity) would come well before that !!!

I remember a while back they were going to make them compulsory in the Spl.

I think we should have one because loads of other clubs have them and I'd be good to keep track of the time. However I don't we'll be getting one anytime soon.

I'd be good to keep track of the time.

Ignoring the easy joke I could make at the expense of a typo, I have to ask. Do you own a watch, and can you tell the time?

I think we should have one because loads of other clubs have them and I'd be good to keep track of the time. However I don't we'll be getting one anytime soon.

Dont ever remember a notion to make them compulsory ...... Assuming you mean an electronic scoreboard they can cost as little as ?2000 but they look pretty crap ! A good one would be far more expensive (and cost more to run)http://www.ukscoreboards.co.uk/scoreboards...um_football.htm

I know of a company that had a ?50k scoreboard that had been used once for an event. It was offered to an SPL club as gift but they turned it down because of the work and cost involved in running and maintaining it.

More stuff like this needs to happen. I know the club is young and generates about as much income as my door-to-door car washing service when I was 14, but it's too primitive. Even something as basic as a scoreboard is deemed too costworthy and heavy maintenance. I'm not knocking the club, I love the club, but it could just do with a bit more pizazz.

Dont ever remember a notion to make them compulsory ...... Assuming you mean an electronic scoreboard they can cost as little as ?2000 but they look pretty crap ! A good one would be far more expensive (and cost more to run)http://www.ukscoreboards.co.uk/scoreboards...um_football.htm

The initial issue of the SFA Club Licensing Manual did indeed have a mandatory requirement for SPL clubs to have an electronic scoreboard.

This was removed from subsequent revisions of the requirements.

I think it would be ridiculous to even consider spending any amount of money on a scoreboard, i can't think of a bigger, more unnecessary, pointless waste of money (apart from Andy Barrowman maybe?).

With the limited ammount of money the club have, they shouldnt splash out on something like that, the should be looking to pay players, buy stock ect with that kind of money.

Iam not sure but when I used to go to Selhurst Park, not many years ago, there was no scoreboard,

The hosted Wimbledon then in the Premier league, and Crystal Palace.

When I went to Gigg Lane Bury, they had a very nice scoreboard. It was paid for by the sponsars who adevertised on it.

It used to give out loads of information about local events, junior events and such like.

It was run by the club press officer Gordon Sourfleet, who would program it from his lap top, using wireless technology. If the club are at all interested, they should contact Gordon at the Bury Club.

More stuff like this needs to happen. I know the club is young and generates about as much income as my door-to-door car washing service when I was 14, but it's too primitive. Even something as basic as a scoreboard is deemed too costworthy and heavy maintenance. I'm not knocking the club, I love the club, but it could just do with a bit more pizazz.

Its a question of priorities ! the club didnt say "never" they said that there were far more things higher up the priority list than a scoreboard and I have to say I agree ..... most of us have watches so we know when the game starts and can usually work out when it will be 45 minutes later ... we also watch the game so most of us will know the score ... or if not - perhaps after waiting in the pie queue for a while - we can ask the person next to us.

What would a scoreboard bring to the club? Would the benefit outweigh the cost? Where would you put it? Would you be happy to sacrifice a squad member each year to pay for the cost of the scoreboard and its maintenance and running costs?

When I went to Gigg Lane Bury, they had a very nice scoreboard. It was paid for by the sponsars who adevertised on it. It used to give out loads of information about local events, junior events and such like. It was run by the club press officer Gordon Sourfleet, who would program it from his lap top, using wireless technology. If the club are at all interested, they should contact Gordon at the Bury Club.

There is a huge electronic scoreboard at BMO field for Toronto FC and yes it is convenient as it shows instant replays of various parts of the game as well as the actual scores. It also carries adverts along with two other electronic boards that are off to each side of it but I would hate to think about how much it costs to run all season or how many people it takes to make sure all the ads go up on the relevant screens or the instant replays are shown seconds later.

post-2-1278597186_thumb.png

The good thing for TFC is that they have 20,000+ at every game and every game is available live on the internet or on normal telly so sponsors of the main board and on the two smaller boards are not in short supply ..... but I wonder just how much ICT would make from a scoreboard when most games will have a captive audience of 3-4K, little or no live TV coverage, and a few minutes of highlights each week that show the game and not the scoreboard !

I don't see how the club can expect to be taken seriously when we don't have a scoreboard.

That is a good point. Somehow living in the far North of Scotland we get into a 1976 time zone.

Just a for instance > If the club contacted somebody like the Thistle Hotel, or the Many car salesrooms on the Industrial estate, I am sure someone would sponser it.

The running these days is all wireless technology, and no harder than programming your own computer.

All the players kit sponsors could have their names broacast over it before the games, adding maybe a tenner to the kit sponsership.

There a lot of big Hotels and large firms in Inverness who would buy time on the scoreboard.

Just a case of somebody at the club grasping the nettle.

If a little Lancashire club like Bury can have a scoreboard, and I know they have had one for at least 10 years, so can Inverness , for God's sake.

When the Celtic fans turn up at the ground in a few weeks time, they will think they are back in 1976.

post-5327-1278668451.jpg

Edited by Laurence

Helpful tip -I never wear a watch except on match days - I find it helps me to keep track of the time.

Just a for instance > If the club contacted somebody like the Thistle Hotel, or the Many car salesrooms on the Industrial estate, I am sure someone would sponser it.
Which one ... the twee crappy looking one costing between 2 and 5 grand that would make us look like even more backward time-warped cave dwellers ? or the "real" ones costing more than 50 grand ? If you think anyone would stump up that sort of cash for a decent one you are sadly mistaken and if it were to be a crappy one I would far rather have none at all !

The running these days is all wireless technology, and no harder than programming your own computer.
I dont think updating the scoreline on a basic board would be a major issue, in fact it would be very easy I am sure .... its the running costs that you seem to be failing to consider. Electricity to run it, maintenance on the actual product, and if it were one of the more fully featured boards, wages for someone to operate it on a match day. it all adds up.

All the players kit sponsors could have their names broacast over it before the games, adding maybe a tenner to the kit sponsership.
Cigarette packet economics ? Dont think ?200-?300 would be much help !

There a lot of big Hotels and large firms in Inverness who would buy time on the scoreboard. Just a case of somebody at the club grasping the nettle.
You think so ? Especially when the same firms are being asked to sponsor players, buy programme ads, buy advertising boards, buy hospitality etc etc etc .....

If a little Lancashire club like Bury can have a scoreboard, and I know they have had one for at least 10 years, so can Inverness , for God's sake. When the Celtic fans turn up at the ground in a few weeks time, they will think they are back in 1976.
they certainly would if the scoreboard looked anything like the monstrosity in that picture ! Gotta love the pillars in the middle of the stand ;)

Nobody really takes the club seriously , we're seen as a joke club to most .

Are you an ICT fan or one of those Caley "rebels" who love to have a go at the club at every opportunity? It certainly seems the latter.

Nobody really takes the club seriously , we're seen as a joke club to most .

Are you an ICT fan or one of those Caley "rebels" who love to have a go at the club at every opportunity? It certainly seems the latter.

why do people seem to think that the validity of the club revolves around a score board.. i really dont believe that we are seen as a joke club when we have proven time after time we can compete with the top teams in the country...was it not Celtic that took the cup game against us seriously enough to warrant 2 nights in a hotel and training prior to the game??

we have earned our right to be in the top league in our country and all our own fans seem to want to do is find reasons to slate us. so what if we dont have a socre board if you cant remember the score then either pay more b***dy attention or just ask someone