FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Score Board

caleyjag10

Scoreboards are a distraction. I end up glancing at it out of habit a la TV, and the only thing it is useful for is displaying teams line-up before the game.

ICT have a lovely ground, it's not the biggest, but it's modern, with a picturesque location, and well maintained. Pittodrie is a disjointed shed, at least there's no moss on the roofs - so I disagree with the 1976 accusations.

The sports bar is a much more valuable resource, and any new initiative these days will have to be about one thing - profit.

Well if you have the inability to look at a watch or be able to count to 5 then a score board would be a really good addition to them. However i like most people am able to do both of these so a score board would be a complete waste of money.

Scoreboards are a distraction. I end up glancing at it out of habit a la TV, and the only thing it is useful for is displaying teams line-up before the game.

ICT have a lovely ground, it's not the biggest, but it's modern, with a picturesque location, and well maintained. Pittodrie is a disjointed shed, at least there's no moss on the roofs - so I disagree with the 1976 accusations.

The sports bar is a much more valuable resource, and any new initiative these days will have to be about one thing - profit.

Don't agree entirely there. Any new initiative must be about enhancing the fans experience first and happy fans will spend more thereby increasing turnover.

Don't agree entirely there. Any new initiative must be about enhancing the fans experience first and happy fans will spend more thereby increasing turnover.

Of course, that should be the goal as always, however the club has to spend money to make money rather than just spend money. The sports bar is an example of ticking both boxes, while price hikes are just about the latter, which is something i dont agree with either. But any major investment has to pay off - we are of the same stature as clubs such as Kilmarnock - and they are addled with debt through ridiculous hospitality suites and offices that lay empty. Im happy the club aren't spendthrifts, it will be the one thing that will give clubs like ICT and St Johnstone the edge in the future as clubs like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock fade away or go into administration. The scoreboard is one of those things that would perhaps increase fan happiness with no gain to the club overall. So we need to strike that balance, demonstrated by hugh investment in the sports bar.

Edited by Kirishima

Of course, that should be the goal as always, however the club has to spend money to make money rather than just spend money. The sports bar is an example of ticking both boxes, while price hikes are just about the latter, which is something i dont agree with either. But any major investment has to pay off - we are of the same stature as clubs such as Kilmarnock - and they are addled with debt through ridiculous hospitality suites and offices that lay empty. Im happy the club aren't spendthrifts, it will be the one thing that will give clubs like ICT and St Johnstone the edge in the future as clubs like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock fade away or go into administration. The scoreboard is one of those things that would perhaps increase fan happiness with no gain to the club overall. So we need to strike that balance, demonstrated by hugh investment in the sports bar.

Off topic, I know but correct me if I'm wrong. Would the investment for upgrading the concourse into a bar not come from the owners of the concourse? Any increase in rent due should surely be well covered by the masses enjoying pre and post match refreshments.

Well if you have the inability to look at a watch or be able to count to 5 then a score board would be a really good addition to them. However i like most people am able to do both of these so a score board would be a complete waste of money.

8% of people are unable to count and 11.4% can't tell the time correctly. Therefore ~ 300 - 400 people at every ICT last season would have benefited had a scoreboard been put in place. They are being discriminated against :021:

When the Celtic fans turn up at the ground in a few weeks time, they will think they are back in 1976.

No they won't (insert FFS smiley). They'll be hoping we don't feck up their season like we've done before more than once.

Laurence from some of the little essays you've enlightened us with I don't think it's dawned on you yet we've been in the SPL before......

Nobody really takes the club seriously , we're seen as a joke club to most .

Care to elaborate?

I'll speculate.

DalneighCaley is one of those who swore never to return when the merger went ahead and he and all his cronies ventured north. His presence here is at most curiosity and I doubt he has even been to TCS other than to collect the garbage, clear the drains or as a rat catcher. :love06:

Nobody really takes the club seriously , we're seen as a joke club to most .

Care to elaborate?

I'll speculate.

DalneighCaley is one of those who swore never to return when the merger went ahead and he and all his cronies ventured north. His presence here is at most curiosity and I doubt he has even been to TCS other than to collect the garbage, clear the drains or as a rat catcher. :023:

:love06:

PITHY POINT, PULL MY FINGER!!!

This debate reminds me of a certain Provincial Government in British Columbia, Canada, who has just spent 17 BILLION dollars on the recent Olympic Games. That, folks is such a large figure that I would not be sure how to type it!!

Fantastic success and engendered a lot of spirit amongst the population of the country for at least 15 days but now the bill has to be paid. Since these twits spent the money that they did not have we now have a 7 % tax increase on virtually all spending, increases in carbon taxes on gasoline and on hydro bills, whatever, the cost of gasoline rocketing ever upwards and so on seemingly on everything you buy. You can't even cross the river going south on the lovely new bridge that cost another horrendous sum of money because the tolls that these guys slapped on every crossing are so high that far fewer than the number of people that they expected to use it have decided to cross regularly.Meaning a large decrease in the expected Governmetal revbenue that they need to service the deby payments.--Reason: Becuase they spent money they did not have .

If ICT chooses to NOT spend money they do NOT have then I applaud them .Living in debt is mindless ., except, perhaps to pay a mortgage .

Scotty, I watched your Colorado game today from BMO field. It occurs to me to ask ....are there stands in that park or is summer footy so nice that they figure that they don't need them.> Regardless, everybody was having a great time int he sunshine.

Pretty hot here too--day before yesterday was 39 degrees --hottest ever temperature in B.C. Tell Johnboy for me, please, that Matilda has survived despite her fur coat probably making her as moribund as she looked . I know he cares. :023: :love06: