Forres Mechanics 1-3 Inverness CT (FT)

caleyrule

Morris looked the best out of the trialist defenders who were on show, won everything in air but admittedly had a horrific sliced miskick from punt in the box which went goalbound. To be fair, it wasn't much of a test for the defenders on trial, not a lot came their way so they were really being judged on a few touches. Hopefully training and pther friendlies will proivde a much better gauge for making a decision, there's certainly decent pedigree amongst them but little was shown today. McCann looked promising, though faded in second half. Confident touches and lay offs under pressure.

Shinnie worked his a$$ off (in left midfield) although wasted/good saves at the 2 clear chances he had and Morrison had some lovely touches in second half. Eric's first 2 were literally tap ins but he still had impressive sprinting prowess at end of game, must be some fit lad (although strolls in a way you'd think otherwise when game not near him). You can never criticise a right time right place finisher though.

Gil Blumanshtein was deceptive - looked to be carrying a few pounds too many but looks like he has a good footballing mind and created space out of nowhere on the few occasions he got the ball. Intriguing, and will definitely be pushing dani/eric for a place.

All in all, a typical pre-season friendly. As was mentioned, Rooney was never gonna score and if he was a trialist we'd be instantly dismissing him. So I'm happy to put my faith in Terry and Mo in picking out who is worthy of a place in the squad over fairer period. Oh and agreed, Shane Sutherland was a nuisance and impressed.

Morris looked the best out of the trialist defenders who were on show, won everything in air but admittedly had a horrific sliced miskick from punt in the box which went goalbound. To be fair, it wasn't much of a test for the defenders on trial, not a lot came their way so they were really being judged on a few touches. Hopefully training and pther friendlies will proivde a much better gauge for making a decision, there's certainly decent pedigree amongst them but little was shown today. McCann looked promising, though faded in second half. Confident touches and lay offs under pressure.

Shinnie worked his a$$ off (in left midfield) although wasted/good saves at the 2 clear chances he had and Morrison had some lovely touches in second half. Eric's first 2 were literally tap ins but he still had impressive sprinting prowess at end of game, must be some fit lad (although strolls in a way you'd think otherwise when game not near him). You can never criticise a right time right place finisher though.

Gil Blumanshtein was deceptive - looked to be carrying a few pounds too many but looks like he has a good footballing mind and created space out of nowhere on the few occasions he got the ball. Intriguing, and will definitely be pushing dani/eric for a place.

All in all, a typical pre-season friendly. As was mentioned, Rooney was never gonna score and if he was a trialist we'd be instantly dismissing him. So I'm happy to put my faith in Terry and Mo in picking out who is worthy of a place in the squad over fairer period. Oh and agreed, Shane Sutherland was a nuisance and impressed.

i think that gil need to play behind the struker, in my opnion he looks very good

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20100717/f...2208825_2094777

Link from ICT website

Peter Paul has also put pictures up off the game

http://www.caleyjags.com/pa/g/g.htm#A100715

Pic 39 of the Forres set - Their number 11.

Hair Fail

Actually, the hair was really bad fail. Creased myself at the poor guy, you've either got to be a genius or not give a monkeys with a barnet like that. he was neither.

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20100717/f...2208825_2094777

Link from ICT website

Peter Paul has also put pictures up off the game

http://www.caleyjags.com/pa/g/g.htm#A100715

Pic 39 of the Forres set - Their number 11.

Hair Fail

Actually, the hair was really bad fail. Creased myself at the poor guy, you've either got to be a genius or not give a monkeys with a barnet like that. he was neither.

He plays in Forres' Number 1 Flock of Seagull's Tribute band.