FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Bringing the game into disrepute

Oldken27

Go back to our first season when we played Celtic at Aberdeen.

I seem to recall a player called Lennon was instrumental in having Juanjo (spelling) sent off for head butting. The TV later showed that there had been NO contact and that Lennon was indeed a cheat.

Is he not now doing the same thing by crying foul at every opportunity, both real and imangined! Is he bringing the game into disrepute by his behavour? What should the SFA do?

neksor

Edited by neksor
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

The word long playing record springs to mind when talking about Lennon, I feel he has taken the game back decades with his rants especially if they are associated with any conspiracy theories. I feel the SFA and the SPL need to take drastic action and serve him a touchline ban of at least 10 games. For the record I do not support either of the Old Firm. I just feel that after the referee strike which cost teams in the lower leagues lots of money in hospitality and gate recipts he should be made an example of.

• Agree 1

He is making them the laughing stock of Scottish football. When they win there is nothing said, when they drop points it seems to be a free for all with Lennon being the ringleader.

Its 100% predictable these days, yet the Juanjo incident would never be brought up by the media in this country.

They are becoming tedious with the guff they come out with.

Most teams accept good and bad decisions (except Jim Jeffries!) and move on. Celtic seem to think they are being singled out! and with someone like Lennon at the helm its a recipe for disaster.

Tired and bored of hearing about them. The Scottish media have a lot to answer for as they willingly cater for Celtic's propaganda spin.

• Agree 1

Think of it this way -

Firstly, Douglas McDonald tried to amend what had happened during the game at tannadump - he tried to correct an incorrect decision.

Secondly, Hooper dives, gets up and looks for a free kick. In other words he is a cheat. Yet he is not forced to apologise or forced to give up the game.

There's somehing wrong with this whole situation. As Proctor said in his post above it hammered smaller clubs financially. Celtic are killing the game. Not just for themselves and their fans, but also for ICTFC and us, the fans. This vile situation is permeating the game, right down to the grass roots and youth levels. This has to change - it takes more than two teams to make up a league.

We've now got to the situation that no matter what happens they'll always be in the spotlight and the media will revel in it.

If the SFA clamp down on his antics they'll moan and berate the decision just like they are doing now and his board will back him to the hilt even though he is in the wrong, if the SFA do what they usually do which is Sweet FA he'll keep acting that way. The only way for it to stop is for the SFA to keep punishing him and start punishing Celtic as well, they employ him so he represents them, he's had his warning and 6 match ban so anymore and the club should be hammered too. It's about time Reid realised that there are other clubs in Scotland and not just Celtic and start acting like one of the so called big two.

Lennon's antics are a shambles and only highlight what type of a man he is, that is not passion that he shows, it's anger and rage and not the sort of example that should be set to kids watching the game. His actions can only be liked to that of a rottweiler foaming at the mouth and it's out of order, no place for it in our game.

If TB was acting like that I would be embarrassed for him.

Edited by MrCaleyjag
  • Agree 1

The man is an absolute disgrace, if you notice with Lennon there is never any issues with the refs when his team are winning games, essentially he is a sore loser and the man has no dignity or respect for fellow managers/players.

A 6 match ban is the minimum he should have received, his actions against Hearts were incredibly embarrassing and i feel the SFA were actually lenient with him.

The man is an absolute disgrace, if you notice with Lennon there is never any issues with the refs when his team are winning games, essentially he is a sore loser and the man has no dignity or respect for fellow managers/players.

A 6 match ban is the minimum he should have received, his actions against Hearts were incredibly embarrassing and i feel the SFA were actually lenient with him.

I think they actually won the game that sparked all this, the Dundee United game.

All I ever hear as soon as Lennon opens his mouth is: "waaahhhh . . . . waaaaahhhhh . . . . waaaaahhh . . . . it's not fair . . . . waaaahhhh . . . . " :cry: Big bairn.

Question is, does he do it by being cunning or is it just 'cos he is a natural pr1ck?

No it was me, wish I had mentioned the lower league teams. Its one thing thinking up things to say but when you are listening to the programme on the phone your mind can blank sometimes.

Edited by Proctor

If he was judged soley on his results like John Barnes, Tony Mobray or Dr Venglos he'd have been sacked some time ago. He's shrewd enough to be able to get himself over with the Green brigade by shifting the focus from football to politics. So long as Celtic pubs and forums are consumed and preoccupied with politics Neil Lennons cr@p signings, inept tactics and poor results are a side issue. With all the venom and vitriol of the Cellic fans channeled towards the SFA, referees and rival clubs - the pressure is off Neil Lennon.

Have a green dot sir.

All I ever hear as soon as Lennon opens his mouth is: "waaahhhh . . . . waaaaahhhhh . . . . waaaaahhh . . . . it's not fair . . . . waaaahhhh . . . . " :cry: Big bairn.

Question is, does he do it by being cunning or is it just 'cos he is a natural pr1ck?

There's nothing cunning about what he does and there never has been either. I would tend to go with the fact that he is a natural pr1ck!!!

Look at the way he conducted himself on the pitch as well when he was playing, he was the same. There is a fine line like I said before between passion and anger n rage and he is just an angry little man with a massive chip on his shoulder. maybe the only thing he's cunning about is in dupping the celtic fans into believing his crap therefore over-shaddowing just how bad a manager he is, they've all bought into it hook, line and sinker.

Maybe someone should call him a waah-mbulance.

• Agree 1

I thought that after the referee debarcle caused by Celtic, our clubs were going to be given more respect by to all in the game. Didnt seem to last wrong. But it will always be bad when supporters buy into what the club is saying, and unfortunately you now have the green half walking around saying to most its not fair, we getting cheated everytime we dont get what we want. Lennon was bang on the mark with his comments when he took over at first, but now he has the job full time he just opens he mouth and spurts out all the things he shouldnt. Danger is the Celtic fans are buying it, but its starting to effect the blue half aswell now - bullets in the post!

How far is this going to go before there is some real problems - with two very important old firm games coming up, one contentious decision against Celtic could cause a take two of Hampden way back.

The SFA/SPL HAVE TO CONTROL THE GUY - HE IS A NUT JOB IGNITING THE PETROL.

IF NEIL LENNON WAS MUSLIM HE WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER HOUSE ARREST BY NOW, LOCKED AWAY AS A DANGER TO THE PUBLIC. I saw in the Sun the other day a list of games where poor decisions had effected the games outcome, Lennon says every second game - but its actually been 3 games out of 30 this season ( Rangers penalty, Hearts, and Hamiltons goal ) . Think we could argue to a similar amount, but we have common sense in our manager. ( How many decisions have Celtic had that shouldnt have been, penalty dives etc )

Solve the issue, ban Celtic from issueing all derogitory remarks, reduce his ban to 2 or 3 games, but any more outbursts double it, next offence quadruple it and so on. And hit players for cheating ( Gary Hooper ) because that is worse than the innocent wrong decisions that happen in games.

Edited by bauhaus

IThe SFA/SPL HAVE TO CONTROL THE GUY - HE IS A NUT JOB IGNITING THE PETROL.

IF NEIL LENNON WAS MUSLIM HE WOULD HAVE BEEN UNDER HOUSE ARREST BY NOW, LOCKED AWAY AS A DANGER TO THE PUBLIC. I saw in the Sun the other day a list of games where poor decisions had effected the games outcome, Lennon says every second game - but its actually been 3 games out of 30 this season ( Rangers penalty, Hearts, and Hamiltons goal ) . Think we could argue to a similar amount, but we have common sense in our manager. ( How many decisions have Celtic had that shouldnt have been, penalty dives etc )

I don't get the Muslim bit, could you explain it some more please?

Edited by dougiedanger

I thought that after the referee debarcle caused by Celtic, our clubs were going to be given more respect by to all in the game. Didnt seem to last wrong. But it will always be bad when supporters buy into what the club is saying, and unfortunately you now have the green half walking around saying to most its not fair, we getting cheated everytime we dont get what we want. Lennon was bang on the mark with his comments when he took over at first, but now he has the job full time he just opens he mouth and spurts out all the things he shouldnt. Danger is the Celtic fans are buying it, but its starting to effect the blue half aswell now - bullets in the post!

How far is this going to go before there is some real problems - with two very important old firm games coming up, one contentious decision against Celtic could cause a take two of Hampden way back.

The SFA/SPL HAVE TO CONTROL THE GUY - HE IS A NUT JOB IGNITING THE PETROL.

Solve the issue, ban Celtic from issueing all derogitory remarks, reduce his ban to 2 or 3 games, but any more outbursts double it, next offence quadruple it and so on. And hit players for cheating ( Gary Hooper ) because that is worse than the innocent wrong decisions that happen in games.

So you are saying all Muslims should be under house arrest, because theare a danger to the public by igniting petrol.

Then you dont want clubs to speak against the SFA and the SPL , yes lets stop freedom of speach (Naziism Communism) :redcard:

Then you quote a paper (the Sun) where half the stories they write are not true and the other half are just lies

• Agree 2

Was only trying to say that the way the Government and Police are, if this was a Muslim publicly saying thngs that could induce hatred, then they would be getting severely reprimanded. Just because its sport doesnt make it alright. Any way, the man at the top, Mr J Reid, seems to back everything that conspiracy theories against Celtic mean, and this from what is meant to be a upstanding former member of Parliment.

Every team at some time doesnt get the rub of the green ( no pun ), and a poor run of luck. But it often happens to the teams near the bottom with a bad team. We could easily complain plenty about some refs and decisions against us. You never hear them complain when a player dives to win a penalty, or free kick, or score an offside goal, or get away with a booking when it should be a red.

To me both Rangers and Celtic are the most physical teams in the league, and for years it has amazed me how they get so few bookings and red cards, yet when they play in europe this average seems to go up horrendously - it that cause refs arent biast towards one or another.

The real issue sometimes is your team werent good enough on the day or the night. See Rangers didnt have a problem scoring against the Accies, but Celtic should have easily outscored a poor Accies team with injuries and poor form but their team couldnt muster a goal from open play. Hamilton have probably not had much luck this season, injuries and so on, but often that luck will change somewhere along the line - just hope its not to soon for them.

However the blocking what they are saying, no, they can still say it but not to the press. Thats something they should sort out in meetings and through discussions rather than slagging things off in the press. How would Celtic like it if the SFA and SFL started slagging Lennon for his players behaviour, or his behaviour, or the Clubs. Oh hang on a minute, they have started to publicly criticise Celtic. If they dont back off , both of them, and sort their differences in private, it will be the whole of Scottish football suffering again. Neil Lennon is just the puppet the public are seeing saying these things, but the thoughts of the board must be exactly the same, as thet certainly havent distanced themselves from his remarks.

Yet if it were us or County that we shouting our mouths of about south bias, we would have been dealt with by the SFA and SPL severely by now

• Agree 1

Debate Lennon, Celtic, The SPL, SFA SFL or any others that may be bringing the game into disrepute all you like but please refrain from making reference to Muslims, Nazi's or any other group that have no involvement in the game of football.

Like the 1938 England team?

post-4240-0-51738600-1295193781_thumb.jp

If there is a contentious decision in a ICT St Johnstone game, only the supporters of these teams will talk about it, and it will not become a national debate. If there is a contentious decision between ICT and Rangers, it becomes a national debate because Celtic fans support the only team that can have a decision go against them, even when they're not involved in the game. They are paranoid. If there was a big conspiracy, why would they get a last minute penalty against Hamilton? The main thing we should all remember is that no matter what Neil Lennon, whom has previous for cheating, and no matter what John Reid says, who has previous for invading the third poorest country in the world, and actually making it a worse place, the score at the end of the game remains, so who cares what they say? The only thing that makes me sick about it all, is the frothing mongrel picture the BBC keep using for Lennon, it's so ugly it offends me.

Also, Celtic haven't been that bad this season. They've got the best goal difference, and crucially, the most points. Kayal and Majstorovic are looking a lot better these days, McCourt and Forrest are being trusted to do 90 minutes and Gary Hooper is back, so, they might get a bit better as well. Watch you don't develop to much more hatred for Lennon because he might be around for quite some time, and might lift a lot of trophy's, and then he will really begin to tick people of.

Just watched the Motherwell highlights. Why oh why are the SFA so pro county? That handball was clearly in the box. My mate said that his mate was in school with the nephew of whoever the ref was, and he told me that he knows for a fact hat the ref is a county fan. He even had a Neil Tarrant window sticker on his car. I think we should move our club to England and play there as it's quite obvious, that all the refs in this country, are against us. I expect that the decision will be discussed for three months and I fully expect our chairman to get his lawyers on the case.

• Agree 3