FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Shewsbury Town sign striker Terry Gornell.

Dargo20

Has Gornell signing for Shrewsbury actually been confirmed anywhere? I looked, and the closest I can find is that he is in "talks" with them. I can't find anything set in stone.

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/News/Adam-Rooney-seals-deal-at-Birmingham-City-30062011.htm

Butcher, meanwhile, lost out on 21-year-old Accrington Stanley striker Terry Gornell, who opted to join League Two side Shrewsbury Town.

Gornell hasn't signed for anyone yet as far as I can see, but it kind of sounds like we've given up.

Just speculating, but is it possible that this fell through for us because we discovered that Stanley would be due compensation? Tansey was also under 23, but we were able to get him free only because of a cross-border transfer loophole whereby Stockport hadn't offered him a new contract more than 60 days before his old one expired. Don't know if that was the case with Gornell.

Any English team will definitely have to pay Stanley, and perhaps the current position is that he has agreed to join the Shrews but they are negotiating compensation with Stanley before finalising the deal.

Any English team will definitely have to pay Stanley, and perhaps the current position is that he has agreed to join the Shrews but they are negotiating compensation with Stanley before finalising the deal.

Shrewsbury announced yesterday that they agreed terms with Gornell but the sticking point holding up the transfer is that they have so far been unable to agree compensation with Stanley.

Even if it falls through, I susepct the prospect of a move to ICT is dead.