FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Cup

Harry Chibber

Dear Brosnon, Govan Jeggie, Riley, Coias, Mantis, Naelifts, Mooncat, King Beastie, Queen Beastie (ma daughter), Nicola P, Joe di Maggio and all..... PARTY AT HAIRYS.

:005: :disco01: :drinking07: :drinking08: :drinking09: :drinking10: :moon02: :moon03: :moon05: :party01: :wave03:

Dear Brosnon, Govan Jeggie, Riley, Coias, Mantis, Naelifts, Mooncat, King Beastie, Queen Beastie (ma daughter), Nicola P, Joe di Maggio and all..... PARTY AT HAIRYS.

:005: :disco01: :drinking07: :drinking08: :drinking09: :drinking10: :moon02: :moon03: :moon05: :party01: :wave03:

I'm sure the mrs would be delighted with that  :015:

Alex, I'm not to sure to be honest, the only pub that I can think of that is within walking distance of the stadium is the travelodge

:024:

The kerse inn, is that the halfway house?

The draw cheered up no end after that horrible display.  Id recommend everybody to get boozed up in town then just taxi it out to the ground.  Taxi wont be more than a fiver.  Otherwise a 20-30 min walk depending on the state yir in.

BTW if harrys place is full there is some floor space at mine for those who want to experience the mighty Stirling night life!

I mind Caley beating them in a replay on the way to playing Rangers about 1984. Albion had already printed the programmes for the Rangers match so they turn up at programme dealers now and again, programmes for a match that was never played......

I went to Uni in Stirling and always meant to get to an Albion game but never managed it, so I'm glad we've drawn them.  I look forward to revisiting my student haunts  :015:

As I went to Uni there I tend to keep a look out for the Bino's results and they seem to be flying this season, hot on the heels of the perpetual bottle merchants Morton in the Second Division.  They have Colin '1000 Clubs' Cramb up front and an influential Slovakian Marek Tomana in midfield.  Sharper brained readers may remember we were linked with Cramb during our first season in the SPL and I believe he said that he had the chance to go back tot he SPL but it didn't suit him so there could've been something in it.  Anyway, Albion also have a few good young prospects - Paul Nugent who was apparently interesting Dundee Utd and Hibs and David O'Brien who was subject to a bid from St Johnstone, I think.

They also have a few experienced players in Myles Hogarth, who I once slagged off as rubbish when he played for Alloa - he then produced a man of the match performance and saved a penalty.  they also have ex-Celtic 'star' Mark McNally at the back to add experience.  Their manager Allan Moore is a 'bright young prospect' who was linked with the Dunfermline job but has stayed loyal to the Binos despite coming under pressure after a pish start saw the Forthbank club stranded at the bottom of the table.  However, a win over Morton saw Stirling go on an amazing run in which they climbed the table faster than colobus monkeys on speed and only narrowly missed out on a play-off spot.

These are exciting times on and off the pitch for the club - only recently a consortium of Stirling businessmen has been in discussions with unloved chairman Peter McKenzie to buy the club and take control of the ground.

All in all a difficult tie - hopefully we take down a merry band of travelling fans and get a good atmosphere going, i.e. all get pished up in the Albion Bar before stuffing them 8-0, heading back into town for a swift eighteen pints and then onto the Fubar to drink more while avoiding flying chairs.

Oh and which oldster Caley fans remember the crowd trouble last time Caley played Stirling in the cup?  I recall hearing tales of the teams been taken off the Brockville* pitch due to extra-curricular boxing on the terraces and of Stirling town centre being awash with drunken ICI hardnuts.  :010:  Do you have an alibi?

* The game was played at Brockville as Albion, at that point, had a QPR plastic pitch and therefore forfieted home advantage in the cups.

Guest Red Coach

Admission prices will be £15-00 and £8-00. Anyone coming down by train can get the Park and Ride bus to the stadium. The bus station is right next to the train station.