FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

season ticket prices............FROZEN!

lukemackay

sure! as long as the kids are alright! What about us older chaps who have supported the club forever and ploughed thousands of their own money into the club over the years!!

Im all for attracting kids to the club when their young just dont forget your older fans!

"recession ticket" or "Depression ticket" you decide!

Just as well they have the new money from the recent investment to cover the cost of this. Hope the rest of the money is used to keep Hayes and improve the squad. And getting any signings early, so season ticket sales go well!

Shame its only given 3 weeks to get the early bird prices as to find several hundreds of pounds for mum dad and the kids needs a bit more time and I don't think too many people save it over the season knowing they only have 2 weeks after the season ends to get next seasons, A little more time would have been beneficial to most I would imagine.

• Agree 2

Shame its only given 3 weeks to get the early bird prices as to find several hundreds of pounds for mum dad and the kids needs a bit more time and I don't think too many people save it over the season knowing they only have 2 weeks after the season ends to get next seasons, A little more time would have been beneficial to most I would imagine.

Totally agree ridiculous length of time, other clubs had theirs out weeks ago. I can only think that they were waiting to see what division we were going to be in before announcing anything.

My wife has decided that after 4 seasons she will be not renewing her season ticket, prob just show face at the County games. That decision is partly cos she has found herself enjoying it less and less over this season and partly because she doesn't want to spend every second Saturday away from our wee girl (and TBH it's a right pain to find a babysitter so often). I probably will attend as a loner so long as she drops me off at The Club to get a few beers before heading over! Though if it wasn't for the County games it would have been touch and go. Here's to a better 2012/13 season! :cheer01:

BTW if anyone wants my £5 voucher thay can have it, no way I'd buy another piece of Errea junk! :thumbdown:

EDIT- Spelling (as usual!)

Edited by fraz

Funny that - My missus is also giving up her ticket which she has had since 2004/5 season as much because she can't handle the cold weather but she also hasn't enjoyed this season as much :sad:

Funny that - My missus is also giving up her ticket which she has had since 2004/5 season as much because she can't handle the cold weather but she also hasn't enjoyed this season as much :sad:

My wife doesn't want a season ticket this year. Perhaps the club should special deals on season tickets for WAGs.

Never mind that. Special beer/whisky prices at the stadium for poor lonely deserted husbands! :wink::drinking05: :drinking04: :drinking01::drinking06::pukeleft:

• Agree 3

Many of my pals are season ticket holders at Reading. They have been able to renew their season tickets, seniors admittedly, but in the best stand, at £250! Fantastic value seeing they are now in the EPL. Makes ours look really expensive, by any comparison.

Many of my pals are season ticket holders at Reading. They have been able to renew their season tickets, seniors admittedly, but in the best stand, at £250! Fantastic value seeing they are now in the EPL. Makes ours look really expensive, by any comparison.

Adult prices are £525 to £595 though

Age discrimination in season ticket pricing is curious in this day and age. It takes no account of ability to pay, and I'm kind of surprised it's still legal in an era where employers can no longer force people to retire when they reach 65. Pensioners are generally the wealthiest people I know, helped by having no mortgage, no kids etc.

I'm not calling for the pensioners discount to be abolished, I just wonder what the justification is for having it.

• Agree 1

can we not just take this for what it is? an iniciative from the club to try and increse interest in season tickets and get more sales.

weve been calling for years for the club to do something inovative to try and increase interest now they have. it definatly a step in the right direction imo and kenny and the board have done a good job on this imo.

• Agree 1

Discount could be offered to those renewing to help compensate for the pain and suffering they have had inflicted upon them at some of the home performances this season.

:lol:

Age discrimination in season ticket pricing is curious in this day and age. It takes no account of ability to pay, and I'm kind of surprised it's still legal in an era where employers can no longer force people to retire when they reach 65. Pensioners are generally the wealthiest people I know, helped by having no mortgage, no kids etc.

I'm not calling for the pensioners discount to be abolished, I just wonder what the justification is for having it.

Very interesting point and not an angle I have ever really thought about.

I've kinda always thought of discounts for kids being due to them not having income and relying on others to pay....and the theory that getting kids in early is good for securing greater income in future.

Discounts for Seniors I've always viewed as being societies way of giving back to those who have been providers.

Standard Prices effectively subsidise the reductions for kids and seniors.

The above "model" fits with how society has operated to one extent or other for long enough....but it probably has to be appreciated that just as society is struggling to meet the cost of child benefits and pensions, football likely faces the same trials.

I don't think people are honest to allow us to work on a "Pay what you can afford" basis....so the question becomes, what is a workable alternative to the current model?

My wife doesn't want a season ticket this year. Perhaps the club should special deals on season tickets for WAGs.

I pay mine not to sit next to me

I pay mine to stay at home in Chorley !! The anger and frustration of this season lingers on becos at least the club are trying to make an effort here. Personally I think that this is more about expectation than appreciation.

....so the question becomes, what is a workable alternative to the current model?

I mentioned it before, but Toronto FC base their prices on the part of the ground you sit in .... The half-way line is most expensive, and not surprisingly it is more expensive on the main stand side than the one opposite ... the further round you go the cheaper it gets ... There are no concessions, no senior discounts or anything like that. If you want a cheaper ticket, you choose the part of the ground you want to be in accordingly.

However, i think that overall it works, and because there is a lack of overhead in having various types of ticket it means the club can offer very deep discounts for the purchase of season tickets .... for example, my ticket (in the supporters section a.k.a. the cheap seats) costs the equivalent of $19 per game .... and the face value of the ticket can be anything from $27 - $41 depending on the opposition

I think most sports on this side of the pond follow a somewhat similar model (although I am sure there are some exceptions).

post-2-0-59761000-1336162728_thumb.png

How about a loyalty discount called 20/20 Vision, where you get a unique wallet and 20% off your seat for having a full season ticket for 20 years, if you've been paying for a full price season ticket for 20 years continual service, I think your due a discount.

You become a member of the 20/20 club, the 1st batch would be eligible in 2014 and would be a good spin for the club with a get together and photos in the paper with their new season ticket books.

So schools and clubs get in free, the family section get reduced rates,young adults get a reduced rate, pensioners get a reduced rate so why not discount the loyal.

• Agree 2

totatlly agree with the above post. I've been paying full price season tickets for 16 years and not once had a discount. Was basically kicked out of my seat last season to accommodate the singing.... sorry i mean kids standing section and went over to the main stand and paid more without complaining. I'm not asking much, the discount above would be a nice touch!

Some people appear to be very ungrateful. Freezing the prices is a discount. Early bird is a discount. Only three weeks to find money to qualify for early bird. Sorry but this offer has been made every season so you've had a years notice at least.Early bird for North stand is equivalent to £16 a game. One of the better deals in the league and yet some still feel the need to complain.

totatlly agree with the above post. I've been paying full price season tickets for 16 years and not once had a discount. Was basically kicked out of my seat last season to accommodate the singing.... sorry i mean kids standing section and went over to the main stand and paid more without complaining. I'm not asking much, the discount above would be a nice touch!

So the 10% discount for the first season back in the SPL (for season ticket holders in the First Division) does not count?