FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT Legends

JagJad

The word legend is used far too easily to describe players in the modern game

To me a legend is a player that has spent most of or his entire career with the same club and who has always had a great relationship with the fans of said club

Who are these ICT fans that refer to Ian Black as a legend?

Those with Orc tendencies no doubt

Dougal

To be fair to Ian Black, he was the backbone of our midfield throughout the majority of our SPL history.

He was a fans favorite despite his bad-boy reputation, and the well wishes he received when he moved on the Hearts (and whilst he was at tynecastle) almost certainly sees him up there with other 'legends'...

I think many people now resent Ian for his choice to join up with The Rangers. I cant remember too much negativity against Ian Black as to what we see since his signing.

In my opinion, a Legend in todays footballing terms, is someone who has contributed significantly to the success of a team for a set period. Take for instance Adam Rooney and Craig Dargo. Both here for about 2-3 years each, and both scored goals galore for us. Both can be considered club legends given their goal returns in those short spans of time, but I bet the majority on here only see Adam as being a Legend as his goals effectively won us our place back in the SPL.

I wouldn't consider players such as Andrew Allan or Ally Ridgers as legends as they rarely featured in their time. Yet I would perhaps consider Juanjo as being so because he brought in a bit of Spanish flare and continues to hold a special place for ICT.

• Agree 2

Calder, Duncan, Munro, Wilson, Christie, Stewart, Wyness, Tokeley, followed by the likes of Foran, Golly, Rooney, Blackie, Mann and Robson.

Does anyone think more or less of Barry Robson and Ian Black because they joined the old filth after they departed. tbh hate Aberdeen just as much as the filth, so does that reduce Johnny Hayes to any one else?

• Agree 1

Jim Calder, Russell Duncan, Grant Munro, Barry Wilson, Charlie Christie, Iain Stewart, Dennis Wyness, Ross Tokely, Richie Foran, Stuart Golabek, Adam Rooney, Ian Black, Bobby Mann, Barry Robson, Richard Hastings, Paul Sheerin, Mark Brown, Paul Ritchie, Johnny Hayes, Roy McBain are all ICT Legends IMO. Theres no doubt a few out there i've missed though. Keep em coming.

• Agree 1

Don't think you can put any definition on who is or is not a Legend. There will be a group of ex-players who everyone would happily attach the tag too, but probably just as many which some would think so and others not for a whole variety of reasons.

who are the legends in everyones opinions?

Whoever YOU think of as a legend is undoubtedly one ... and we will all have our own ideas as to who fits in that category.

For me, the true club legends are Tokely and Christie .... guys who ate, slept and breathed ICT for more than a decade each !!! Other players like Mann, Wilson, Stewart, Calder, Teasdale, and even Black may be called or viewed as legends, (even by me), but the more people you give that title to, the less relevant it becomes.

"Hall of Fame" is a better idea as far as I am concerned .... HoF Member would be a way to recognise players who have been "extremely important" to the development and progress of ICT, but to reserve the title of 'legend' to those who are 'in with the bricks' as it were.

• Agree 5