FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Split Fixtures

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

When are the split fixtures out, is it after the Top 6 has been decided or is it the midweek before the split starts?

It tends to be once the teams are finalised - if that happens before the final pre-split games - or in the days after fixture 33 if it goes down to last game.

I was trying to work out what games would be played after the split

Celtic would be due to play at    Home   Motherwell,St Johnstone, Ross County, ICT + (United)        Away    (Abb,Hibs,Killy)

County  so far only have 1 home match likely  ICT.

ICTs 1   is Motherwell.

What may happen

Top 6 candidates             Team Celtic may travel to.

Hibs                                   Ross County

Aberdeen                          ICT

Dundee Utd                       ICT and between County, St J and Well

Kilmarnock                        ICT and Ross County

NB   THIS IS PURELY SPECULATION !!!  it would seem most logical though as Celtic would have too many home games and it looks like us Northern teams will be short of home games. 

Until the powers that be decide the fixture list the above counts for nothing. This also assumes that the top 5 teams stay up  and only 1 other team makes the top six for the above permutations.

Beating  Hibs  next Saturday  could go a long way to getting another home tie against Celtic. 

Edited by 12th Man

Assuming it finishes:

• Celtic
  • Motherwell
  • ICT
  • C#unty
  • St Johnstone
  • one of - Hibs/DUFC/Kille/Aberdeen

My prediction is that we will be at home to Celtic & Motherwell and away to County & St Johnstone with a 75% chance of being away to the other team in the mix. I further predict that our last game of the season will be an away game as last year we had three home games in the split and both started and ended the split at home. I cannot see the last game being a derby Vs County although that would be great for the Highland Marchers !

Here is my rationale:

1. - We have played Celtic and Well twice away and only once at home

2. - We have played County and St Johnstone twice at home and only once away.

3. - If it is Hibs, it should be 'H', United, Killie or Aberdeen should all be 'A' to balance our fixtures.

However, the SPL often throw the rule book out the window, especially when they cant quite get to 2H-2A for each team against all others in the top/bottom halves ..... With ICT, County and St Johnstone finishing in the top half instead of probably Hearts, Aberdeen and United in the SPL's prediction models, it may throw a spanner in the works when trying to balance everyone's fixtures and in that case they try to base it on two years fixtures .......

or in short ...... nobody feckin knows because its the SPL who will decide !!!

• Agree 1

Assuming it finishes:

• Celtic
  • Motherwell
  • ICT
  • C#unty
  • St Johnstone
  • one of - Hibs/DUFC/Kille/Aberdeen

My prediction is that we will be at home to Celtic & Motherwell and away to County & St Johnstone with a 75% chance of being away to the other team in the mix. I further predict that our last game of the season will be an away game as last year we had three home games in the split and both started and ended the split at home. I cannot see the last game being a derby Vs County although that would be great for the Highland Marchers !

Here is my rationale:

1. - We have played Celtic and Well twice away and only once at home

2. - We have played County and St Johnstone twice at home and only once away.

3. - If it is Hibs, it should be 'H', United, Killie or Aberdeen should all be 'A' to balance our fixtures.

However, the SPL often throw the rule book out the window, especially when they cant quite get to 2H-2A for each team against all others in the top/bottom halves ..... With ICT, County and St Johnstone finishing in the top half instead of probably Hearts, Aberdeen and United in the SPL's prediction models, it may throw a spanner in the works when trying to balance everyone's fixtures and in that case they try to base it on two years fixtures .......

or in short ...... nobody feckin knows because its the SPL who will decide !!!

Sorry Scotty but we've played Celtic only once at Parkhead.  the 1-0 win.  We've been humped twice at home by them.  So it will be more likely we will be playing Celtic away from home.

Celtic have too many home games its looking likely to be us and or county to get the extra fixtures if united join the other top 5 celic should have 5 home games we would have 1 summits gota give

Edited by 12th Man

Isn't it more important to have 19 home matches in the end, with the opposition after the split a wee bit secondary?

So, if we had 16 home matches pre-split, we should have 3 afterwards, if 17 then only 2.

Isn't it more important to have 19 home matches in the end, with the opposition after the split a wee bit secondary?

So, if we had 16 home matches pre-split, we should have 3 afterwards, if 17 then only 2.

This is the stupidity of the split !!!

We have been fortunate most seasons in getting 19/19, but other teams have not always been lucky and some have had 20/18 or 18/20 - very rarely does everyone have 19/19. If the fixtures don't add up properly, because one or more teams have played each other too many times home or away, or too many teams need to have certain quantities of home or away fixtures to balance things, the SPL try to make sure that over two seasons you have 38/38 .....

This season, that would mean St Johnstone, who had 18/20 last season would get 20/18 if needed while Kilmarnock, who had 20/18 last year would lose out if another team needed to get 20/18 this time round to balance the fixtures ....