FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Aberdeen on Saturday

Guest eriboll

Guest eriboll

Hope to get down on Saturday - never been before, can anyone tell me is it pay at the gate or do I have to organise my ticket before hand.

Might be a big section, but it's a horrible section.  Would like to make this trip, but I'm going out on Friday night and working Saturday night so I might have to give it a miss.  Worth it for a trip to the Golf Club.  Great Craic there.

Ah... the tie i look most forward to in the season. Since i live in Aberdeen, it is brilliant to be able to make a game without having to endure hours of public transport. Also means i can meet up with all my Dons supporting mates before and after the game for a good bit of banter (still waiting for that Caley win!)

Lets hope the game on wednesday crocks a few Dons players.

Aberdeen still don't look anything special. I have never been impressed by them since we ventrued into the SPL and it amazes me that we still cannot beat them.

To be honest though despite this I can see the run continuing.

Aberdeens 7-1-3 against our 2-4-5 points towards a Home win. I don't think Brewster will start for Aberdire but I can certainly see him coming on later on in the game unless Miller or that Kemnay twat suffer injuries in the next couple of days. Hopefully Calderwood will play Severin out of position so he doesn't exert too much influence on the game.

Langfield isn't that great a keeper and if we can test him with a few pop shots (Hello Mr. Rankin!) then he might just spill the ball again.

The Pittroddie pitch looked awful last night and I can see it cutting up a bit more during the next couple of days if the weather remains as pish.

The great advantage that we will have is that Aberdeen had a very hard work out on a heavy pitch less than three days before our match with them in contrast to our strolling to a win a full week beforehand on what looked like a good surface at Forthbank.

They will not be fully recovered by saturday and will, in all probability, not be fully focused on the league match with th cup replay next week.

We should take full dvantage by plying the game at as high a tempo as we can manage with a view to sapping their stamina. I feel that our first win againt the Dons is o the horizon.

I don't think we've ever really given Aberdeen a truely tough game or done ourselves justice.  With just a little bit more guile we really should have beaten them by now. 

Here's hoping for Saturday and if they show the same attitude and start the game as well as they did against Stirling then will not be far away from 3 points.

Time to do it - Brewster will lie in wait to get his revenge. However, this is a critical time for ICT and I believe we have the workrate and skill to gain a 'home' win without paying the rent.

Aberdeen are desperate to win the Cup and probably think their name is on it. I have already quoted Willie Miller on Grampian as was saying 'we know we play Gretna at home in the next round.' Will Killen's injury and the transfer issues at Hibs and an even dodgier goal keeping situation than Langfield Aberdeen will feel they got off the hook last Wednesday and are now marching to Hampden. They probably feel a restructured Rangers and a stable Hearts are more likely to snatch the Champions League spot. Time to test it.

Bayne's turn to score again and Denzil to continue with his left leg goals. Brewster to reply before being sent off.