FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness CT -V- Motherwell

Scotty

Mark Brown saves a penalty for RC ????

I must get my hearing checked. I could have sworn you said that Mark Brown saved a penalty....

I was confused too, but the full line from the BBC feed was, "Wotherspoon steps up but Mark Brown dives to his left to save a poor spot-kick." I suppose with the words "Mark Brown" and "save" in the sentence, the description of the kick is redundant.  :wink:

• Agree 1

For me a special mention must go to Ritchie Foran for an absolute stonker of a header from a great cross. For anyone who wasn't fortunate to be at the game you're in for a treat when you see the highlights, second goal wasn't that bad either........   

• Agree 2

79:52

Iain Vigurs receives a caution for unsporting behaviour.

79:45

Unfair challenge on Graeme Shinnie by Iain Vigurs results in a free kick.

79:02

Billy McKay takes a shot and goes over the bar.

From the BBC website. What a guy.

I thought the home support today was on a par with our opening home game but was very surprised at the poor away support,  They had a drummer and a few noisy youngsters but for a team of their stature in Scotland I would have expected a much bigger support.  Stuart McColl talks a good game but his team are not apatch on what they were last season.  But what a great display from our boys - they fully deserve all the plaudits going and long may it continue. 

• Agree 1

3 wins, 3 clean sheets and 5 goals!

3+1+2.......

Maybe "home goals" was what was meant ? but that would only be 2 home games .... either way, its a great feeling to be in this position after the first trio of games .... in the same position next week would be even better !

Fantastic first half. Some of our attacking football was a joy to watch. We cut them apart time after time, and if we'd been a bit more clinical, we could've had a couple more before half time. Second half was dull by comparison, as they came into it, but never threatened.

Superb start to the season, I'd be more than delighted with a point next week.

As good as Foran was yesterday, I'd have given my MOTM to Warren. He was immense, especially in the second half.

Sometimes people say " the game was of two halves". I felt yesterday it could have been termed, a game of one half.

The first half was as good as it gets, fine defending , lovely passing, two well worked goals.

The second half wind affected, was by the first half's standard very ordinary, passes going amiss , ICT on the back foot , poor shooting by both teams, especially Motherwell.  I think we should be proud of the first half, proud of the solid defence, and be rather glad that Motherwell left their shooting boots on the coach.

Our goalkeeper Brill was very animated  suggesting to some of his team mates to get stuck in. Whether it is just part of his personality, or he was generally concerned I don't know.  It is nice however to see a player showing such passion who is new to the team.

• Agree 1

Foran MotM by a mile, he was everywhere.

Crowd announced as 250 away fans which means a paltry 2700 home fans bothered their erses going to watch entertaining football. What more do they want.

I thought we bossed the game, and Well had to chase it after the break. Should have won by a far greater margin but 2-0 is perfectly acceptable

• Agree 1