FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Marcus Paatelainen...

CaleyD

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All sorts of names have been bandied about, some of whom I'd no real idea, but we managed to keep our interest in Markus under the radar till he came to Inverness and put pen to paper on Wednesday night."

Surely that last sentence kinda confirms it.

Remember the Press Release that said Pele had signed a 5 year contract???

All articles I have read so far give conflicting information about the stage of contract signings, so we'll just wait and see something a little more concrete  :016:

All sorts of names have been bandied about, some of whom I'd no real

Remember the Press Release that said Pele had signed a 5 year contract???

All articles I have read so far give conflicting information about the stage of contract signings, so we'll just wait and see something a little more concrete  :016:

indeed, i had a look on teamtalk.com and it said a full deal was confirmed but on sportinglife.com it was a pre-contract agreement. the two websites are run by the same people if i remember right!  :017:

From Cowdenbeath web site:

Markus is the younger brother of boss Mixu and signed for the club at the beginning of September 2005. Paatelainen joined Aberdeen on a 6 month contract last January but was released at the end of the season. He can play on either wing or in the centre of midfield and has been involved at under 21 level for Finland. Markus has been in sparkling form this season winning five consecutive Fan's Player of the Month awards. Suffered a serious injury away to Elgin City and had been sidelined for two months. The flying Finn made his comeback at Hampden Park and was fittingly a key player as Cowden clinched the Championship at home to Elgin. Markus capped a fantastic first season at Central Park by picking up a plethora of awards: Scottish Professional Footballers' Association Third Division Player of the Year, Supporters Club Player of the Year, Willie Anderson Trophy (Blue Brazil Fans' Player of the Year) and the Eric Mitchell Trophy (Players' Player of the Year). Markus made 24 (1 sub) appearances and scored 6 goals.

ok, so if my reading of the whole situation is correct, he has signed a pre-contract that will see him here at the end of the season and the club are trying to arrange an immediate release with Cowdenbeath so he can join us now.

Probably explains why all the reports so far have been conflicting.

Hmmmm  :024:

Cowdenbeath Official site reporting that No Deal has been done

Clicky Clicky

Transfer update

Inaccurate stories in the press today have indicated that Markus Paatelainen has signed for SPL side Inverness CT. Cowden have been in talks with Inverness but nothing has been signed and until that happens Markus remains a Cowdenbeath player.

Chairman Gordon McDougall commented: "We have been in discussions with Inverness about the possible transfer of Markus. The talks have been positive but at this stage nothing has been concluded. Until the deal has been signed and sealed Markus remains our player. But if Markus does go to Inverness, or any other club, he will leave Central Park with our best wishes and thanks for many memorable performances." (11th January 2007)

No deal, so far, has been completed in regard to him here in January but he has signed a pre-contract agreement for next season.  I am confident that his transfer will be done next week.

I think this is an astute signing by CC and will add some serious competition for team places, and also give us something different in the midfield in terms of his physique.

Bad news guys, reports on our new acquisition have been confused,  the club have just announced that we are actually signing  Markus Spencer. However reports suggest there could be a buy one get one free offer from his current club. Stay tuned for updates.

Sounds like a good piece of business !

Had a look at the Pie and Bovril site and the Cowdenbeath fans are giving him tremendous reviews.

Amazed to think there has been a player as good as this kicking about the 2nd division and yet when we were all speculating about what winger from the lower leagues we were about to sign, none of us quoted him.