Communication

On 6/28/2023 at 10:17 AM, Cattach said:

Hi folks, long time CTO member, infrequent poster. Like so many who have already posted, I too have become increasingly frustrated by the poor communication and service from the club in recent years. I would moan to friends and family about it but decided to do something about it and reached out to the supporters trust to understand their role and to see how I could help. 

Scotty is right in earlier posts, there are only a small band of dedicated supporters who are giving up a lot of their spare time in support of the trust, in particular on the fan survey to date.

Whats clear is the current club board appear to treat all fans the same, including the supporters trust. This has to change going forward. The outputs from the survey when published won’t be easy to ignore! I can 100% assure anyone that the trust is not in the clubs pocket! 

I’ve now been co-opted onto the supporters trust board. Why? Because I do believe relationships between fans and the club can & must improve. I believe as loyal fans we can take our voice to the club and though open dialogue and cooperation that we can make things better for all fans at the club. There is a strong willingness from the supporters trust to improve the fan experience at the the club, we just need the club to listen, acknowledge and take action. 

If you are also frustrated then there is something you can do about it. You don’t have to go as far as me and join the board (I’m happy to discuss that with anyone who is interested) but even by joining the supporters trust then you are already playing your part in trying to improve the fan experience.

It’s only a fiver, less than a city centre pint these days. If we can increase the trust membership then there is no way the club can ignore the fans voice!  https://www.ictsupporterstrust.org/join-us

“Whats clear is the current club board appear to treat all fans the same, including the supporters trust. This has to change going forward.”

The above bugged me since it was posted and I resisted commenting on it at the time as I didn’t want to deflect the main track of the issue.  
So after a period of time I came down on the side of ‘this is ‘ part of the problem’. - I’ll leave it with A Miller’s “we are all born equal, some are more equal than others”.

bc

Edited by big cherly

7 minutes ago, big cherly said:

“Whats clear is the current club board appear to treat all fans the same, including the supporters trust. This has to change going forward.”

The above bugged me since it was posted and I resisted commenting on it at the time as I didn’t want to deflect the main track of the issue.  
So after a period of time I came down on the side of ‘this is ‘ part of the problem’. - I’ll leave it with A Miller’s “we are all born equal, some are more equal than others”.

bc

Just a comment nothing more but the Trust hold the 10% voting right on behalf of the fans and this should be treated as a major shareholder? 

On 8/3/2022 at 2:05 PM, CaleyD said:

This is not intended as an opinion on what the trust should or should not do.  I post this purely for information and because Peter has stated that he stands willing to be corrected.

This snippet is from the clubs articles of association.

image.thumb.png.5414ebe183dd644c373ec2c3d4267476.png

As at the last return, there are 4,902,379 ordinary shares issued.

Supporters Trust have 13,658 shares, of which 108 have enhanced rights....leaving 13,550 "ordinary" rights.

The enhanced shares are, in todays terms, equal to 490,237 shares....and we then add the 13,550....total 503,787

As per the company articles 900,003 of the ordinary shares carry no voting right, so issued shares with voting powers total 4,002,376 and this gives the trust a voting right of approx 12.6% in real terms

This is the second largest single entity voting right which exists within the club right now and far surpasses the total voting right of all current directors combined.  The largest shareholding/voting right sits with the ICT Trust (a different entity to the supporters trust).

The company articles state no need for club directors to stand down and/or be reelected by rotation.  They have the power to appoint new directors and are, at present, entirely self appointed with no elected members on the board.

A shareholder resolution can be raised by giving sufficient notice ahead of any general meeting for the election of a board member.  The Supporters Trust could do that now if they so desired.

The current board do not hold anything like sufficient shares between them to stop that resolution and would need support from others to do so...if they so wished.

According to this information from CaleyD then, unless anything has changed, the Supporters Trust have the second largest voting right.

• Like 2