FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

MERGED: McDonald signs for ICT

CaleyD

The footage of his goals looks very impressive but is he being signed with a view to stepping straight into the first team or, at 21 years of age, with an eye to the future ?

Thats what I would have thought but reports are that he's only signed a two year contract

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats pretty much the norm.. just in case he turns out to be a turkey ( hope not) seem to remember we got caught with Hissy after giving him a 4 year deal. :rolleyes02:

Hartlepool and Gillingham may not be fashionable names in football, but when you look at soccerbase and see a list of the teams he has played against then you certainly feel he will not be a "turkey".

I am thinking he might be this season's "Darryl Duffy" from a scoring point of view .... good service from Wilson, Paatelainen and bang - goal for McDonald - repeat for next game :)

Those youtube videos show the guy has skill - no doubt about it - he doesnt just blast it .... a few of those clips show him taking a touch inside the box, lining it up before putting it away. Craig who ???

I have high hopes for Dean McDonald, should he sign. I think the few clips do display a good touch and quick feet. Am gonna stick my neck out and say Dean McDonald will score more goals than Dargo (the turncoat, mercinary, waste of space little ****) did last season :022:

well i hope we have more joy than we did with dargo

first seen dargo was fantastic, but second season i felt people knew he was a danger man and knew what to do yto push him out to the fringe of the game, here is hoping that dean will be able to come in as an unkown entity and be able to shake things up a bit and give us a new style/angle to work from and not just be marked out of the game

I just hope he doesn't turn out to be too good for ICT and is quickly bought by a bigger club and was Dargo really that good?

I really meant this comment but Tug got in first.

Welcome aboard Dean. Here's hoping you have a long and fruitful ICT Career. I'm not going to proclaim you as the new goalscoring messiah just yet but I'll be keeping my fingers crossed  :004:

I wonder if he's a 'young' enough 21 to count towards the SPL quota??

so is this signing a fluke, or do some members of the anti-Christie brigade still believe that our manager doesn't have any contacts from who we can sign players?

Judgement cannot be made on a signing. Lets wait and see the performance before getting too confident. And remember, the lad will only be as good as those who feed him. He's part of a team, not a one man crusade.

Guest WynessLegend

So, the lad will be as good as those who feed him?

Fantastic news.

Denzil playing slightly behind a nippy goalscorer who's quick on the turn.

If the pair of them stay fit, Europe's a certainty.

Denzil and Dean. The start of a new era.

so is this signing a fluke, or do some members of the anti-Christie brigade still believe that our manager doesn't have any contacts from who we can sign players?

Aye because signing a player from an English team shuts all the doubters up  :015:

I think the lad will do fine for us.

Anyone got a song about him lined up?

I think the lad will do fine for us.

Anyone got a song about him lined up?

Denzil & Dean - got to be something in there about Double-D's  :001: :001:

From a Gillingham fan on another website:

"Dean McDonald was very hit and miss last season and I feel with the arrival of Facey and with another striker likely to sign for us then McDonald going seemed likely.

I was hoping that Dean McDonald will get given another chance because no reserve team really affected us last year and I feel Ronnie Jepson might consider moulding McDonald into a winger.

If Inverness can get McDonald settled playing regular first team football and a good run out then you might see the best from him, But you need to sort out his attitude because he can get a bit lazy.

I am curious what the transfer fee is because I have heard it is in the region of 30-60K."

more...

"McDonald played roughly over 30 games last season so a goal ratio of 1 in 5 but he was either subbed on or subbed off in games so it proberly is a goal every 4 games if you include the time he spent on the pitch.

But you got to play to his strenghts because whacking the ball upfield is not going to be useful, play to his feet and he can do something, he might be worth moulding into a winger/striker so you can use him in more then one position."

Website

Confirms it. I reckon he and Wyness will be a force to look out for next season. Good Signing CC  :021: :021:

Now that we have 4 strikers do we need another? If we sign another striker, 1 of the 5 will be left out most likely. Midfield is definitely alright, no more signings are needed there. So really we could use 1 or 2 signings for defence/ backup. Goalies seem to be fine as well