FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Internet Footie??

SMEE

Guest TinCanFan

I've noticed those sights aswell and a lot of Internet TV sights are beginning to block channels that show British games.  I wouldn't trust these pay-per-view sites though.

There is a site called internetfootball.co.uk which is a legitimate site that now has major sponsorship from the Daily Record and is the 'official partner' of a couple of clubs meaning they are allowed to show the footage. I know that one or two site users have taken advantage of their coverage but reports on the quality and consistency of the signal vary.

any other sites are illegal and I wouldnt do PPV from them - have heard lots of horror stories !

Confirm what Scotty said--I was burned too.Many of them take your money and you think that you are going to get live footy  but they only lead you into a site which shows many links to the alleged streams and the majority lead absolutely nowhere--I only ever found one site which actually delivered and that delivery was jumpy, stopped and started, no commentary etc. Very frustrating and poor fare.

There is also one named [url removed] or a similar name--I think it has gone down the tubes but don't pay any money for any of them.

[modbreak=Edited by CaleyD]URL removed as it is not on any list we have of official media partners for football games.  Happy to reinstate if someone can prove otherwise.[/modbreak]

[link removed]

That's the site you want!

I use it and can't really fault them, and it's free

[modbreak=Edited by CaleyD]Link removed as it is not on any list we have of official media partners for football games.  Happy to re-instate the link if someone can prove otherwise.[/modbreak]

• 2 weeks later...

Caley D--what exactly do you mean by the words "not a media partner"? If we find the  offering of one of  the "media partners" is not worth watching are we not allowed to say their name either?

Sorry, I just don't understand this.

If they are as bad as I have experienced why would anyone want them to be a media partner and therefore if using their  name to warn others of their activities is not a good thing then what is the point of this thread?

In addition, since the name of livefooty.com appears to have disappeared off the raider completely ,which is a good thing, what objection do you have to showing that name? :024:

bottom line SP - frustrating as it is because of the ludicrous state of UK/Non-UK media rights that the SPL have in place, we as a site (along with many others) were warned off by the powers that be that showing or providing links to P2P sites or to sites that say they show live coverage is forbidden unless it is one of the SPL/SFA official partners such as the BBC, Setanta, or sites that are used officially by some clubs like Internetfootball.co.uk.

Not sure what sanction they could/would actually take against us but to prevent the grief we just said no links. If people want to swap them via private messaging then that is not our concern. I have found (and yes, I have gone looking !!!) that sites tend to fall into 1 of 4 categories

1. Official/Licensed Partners - BBC, Setanta, InternetFootball.co.uk, or "<club> world" on some of the official sites.

2. P2P sites - sites that give details of how to access channels using 3rd party programs like TVAnts, PPMate etc.

3. P2P sites - sites that allow you to watch streaming content on them - sometimes free, sometimes not.

4. Ripoff sites - sites that take a subscription from you and then do the same as numbers 2 or 3 or nothing at all.

As far as we are concerned, we have been warned off from allowing links to options 2,3, & 4 from appearing on the site !

I can see where you are coming from when you mention sites that are dodgy or offer poor service, but at the end of the day, if we said it was ok to name sites that people should NOT use, then all that would happen is people would come along and hint at a good site by saying "dont use <site> ... wink wink wink" so its easier for us to just say, no links unless they fall into the licensed partner category.

For ICT fans at home and abroad, the answer to this is ICT World !!! Virtually every other PTV site has a portion of the site called <club name> World where fans can subscribe to single game coverage, season long coverage, video and audio highlights etc .... for a fee that is pretty reasonable. We should be asking WHY ICT do not have this rather than trying to hunt down pirate footage. I am quite happy to pay my 35 quid a year for licensed coverage.

• 2 weeks later...

so live football on at sat afternoon at my place,the same network that show all the games live in spain on a sat at 3pm

If you are showing SPL and making that known to people by, oh lets say, mentioning it on a public forum that is frequented not just by supporters but also others who are trawling for stories or trying to make sure that we, or our users arent doing anything dodgy then I hope you have a good lawyer .... just ask a fair number of Glasgow pubs who got their sensitive parts grabbed and twisted.

The simple fact is that, although rife in certain places, anyone showing live footage of any games within the UK between the hours of 2:45pm and 5:15pm is doing so illegally, or at least contrary to current UEFA blackout restrictions as well as arrangements in place with the media partners of both the English Premiership and SPL. Thats why live games on a Saturday are shown at times like 12:30 or 5:30 or moved to a Sunday or Monday.

If clubs want to show Saturday 3pm games from their own websites or through a third party like internetfootball.co.uk,  they can, but only to viewers outside the UK. Clubs can also stream audio from any game, including from the Saturday 3pm ones if they want and when they do, the BBC is frequently forced to block the audio outside the UK (which is a pain in the backside) as they only have rights inside the UK when clubs exercise their worldwide audio rights. Its a feckin minefield and one that needs to be looked at if the SPL want to get their "football tourism" initiative off the ground !

The solution seems really simple to me .....

stream the audio for free over the BBC to all listeners in the UK. They already do this so no problem there.

stream the audio for a nominal charge over the BBC to worldwide listeners and get the BBC to pay a portion of it back to SPL. Again a no-brainer. The BBC have the capability and as I dont pay for a BBC (TV) License then I am happy to pay a reasonable sum for this service. Free would be good, but so long as the price was reasonable, I would sign up.

stream the video for all clubs over the SPL website and charge a subscription for your chosen team. Some clubs who use PTV (like Kilmarnock, Rangers, Hearts etc) already have this service in place but other clubs using the same provider (like ICT) do not. Centralise it and let fans watch/listen to their chosen team !

Oh that is nice--I was in the middle of replying to your post and the complete site simply disappeared.  :33:

Anyway, I understand your predicament and agree your way is prudent.

ICT should allow some form of streaming to overseas listeners and I would subscribe, preferably to ICT so that they could get the revenue, if it was made available. What the powers that be seem to not comprehend is that not only people like me would find it and access it since there are so many European fans in Vancouver and Toronto that are starved of soccer that they would be interested as well I am sure.

When I get a moment I am going to write to the ICT Board about this. We can't get video and we can't get audio now for virtually any matches and frankly I am fed up and dispirited about it. :009: