FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Warnock "I could definately see myself at ICT"

kiltarlity

Todays courier carrys Warnock interview..

extracts:

"Warnock himself confirmed the opportunity to be the boss of the Highland Capital side does excite him, especially as it would give him the chance to pit his wits against Smith and Strachan - two men he knows well"

When up for Tokelys testimonial "He conceeds the city made a big impression on him"

They way I see it yet again Warnock is saying come and get me. The way he  just happens to be in Dunoon visiting relatives and is telling the papers that he will talk to ITC if they approach him.

The question I ask, Is our board brave enough to drop their agenda and let a candidate with 20 years management experience and a formidable record manage the club...

Graham

They've already decided Graham... Jimmy Nicol, interviewed on Radio Scotland this morning was saying how keen Brewster is to get back into management and much how the Dons will miss him -

:020: :020:

[/quote

Heres hoping it's just a overconfident Brew who has led them, like the press to believe the job is his...

Graham

Just listened to that Jimmy Nicol interview again.... talking of Brewster in the past tense - saying what a good job he's done for them....Makes you want to throw up... :008:

We appear to have missed out on a great opportunity to bring a wee bit of interest and excitement to ICT.....  :020:

I've just read the interview and it comes across as basically Warnock saying he'd relish the job.

Now, considering the board has this supposed to have this 3 man shortlist, I'd have presumed they'd have at least talked to all those on the list. Warnock says nobody from ICT has spoken to him.

And it seems obvious that the Trust meeting the other night was nothing more than a PR exercise, as it's quite clear the board had no intention of acting on anything the fans said. Warnock is the clear fans favourite, Brewster the least favoured.

The whole thing has left a sour taste for me.

This dosen't ring true, (that Brews got the job) when you compare it to the timescale re appontment.. Bennett puts over in todays Courier...

But would you believe him ???

Graham

PS.. Yes I know IHE, you continue to point out this is all a side show and Brew signed 3 months ago...

P&J article has some 'interesting' quotes....

"Brewster's willingness to relocate gives him a clear advantage on his rivals"

Caley Thistle director of football Graeme Bennett admitted yesterday the chances of having a replacement on board before tomorrow's visit of Dundee United are slim.

"We have a shortlist, but we might come into problems with clubs, wages and compensation. It would be wrong to name individuals as we could fall flat on our face.

"We might find out certain candidates are not available and our list could be down to one. We are not ruling anyone in or out. There are no guarantees and if you look at Neil Warnock, there are a host of issues, not least relocation."

Top Tip for everyone - next time you draw up a 'shortlist' make sure the option you want is the only one that's ever going to get picked  :008:

Is it just me or do you not think it might have been a good idea to check out people's availability, etc BEFORE drawing up the shortlist  :023:

That "consultation" on wednesday looks to have done a fat lot of good eh! I think its a case of the usual gutless/lack of ambition board decision. UNLESS, the board grow some balls and show a bit of ambition. I might well pen a letter directly to Mr Savage airing my views and informing of my veto of TCS until Brewster has gone. I refuse to sit through the most pathetic football i have seen in Inverness again

That "consultation" on wednesday looks to have done a fat lot of good eh! I think its a case of the usual gutless/lack of ambition board decision. if its brewster, as looks the case. UNLESS, the board grow some balls and show a bit of ambition. I might well pen a letter directly to Mr Savage airing my views and informing of my veto of TCS until Brewster has gone. I refuse to sit through the most pathetic football i have seen in Inverness again

1 or 2 people staying away won't make a difference.  The board will appoint the person they think is the best candidate to take the club forward.  I have no problem with Brew being given a 2nd chance, but then I might have been a bit more aware of the circumstances surrounding his departure.  Graeme Bennet made it clear that it was down to CB that ICT were so well compensated.  We have to get behind the manager (whoever he is) and support the team.  The only person who will lose out by staying away is yourself. 

Is it just me or do you not think it might have been a good idea to check out people's availability, etc BEFORE drawing up the shortlist  :023:

Shortlist - It certainly was a shortlist - so short that there was only ever one feckin name on it....

Guest TheSmiddy

If, as is now looking very likely, Brewster does return as manager, there is no way that the board can claim to have "listened to the fans" as previously promised.  On second thoughts, that's exactly what they will do.  Last time I looked Warnock had an 85% landslide.

Warnock says he's not heard anything from us. The board, up until now, haven't spoken to him.

Other than relocation (which doesn't seem an issue for Warnock), and wages(Warnock says the challenge, not the money, is his motivation) I can't think what else could be stumbling blocks in this 'host' of issues.

Seems to me there was only ever one candidate, and the board are getting their 'excuses' in ready.

At least they could have a feckin chat to the bloke!

with bennet saying a certain manager would come with too much baggage etc. he's obviously talking about warnock, which makes me think they have not even entertained the idea of speaking to him.  Even if by some miracle they do will warnock want to come if he has read those comments?

And it seems obvious that the Trust meeting the other night was nothing more than a PR exercise, as it's quite clear the board had no intention of acting on anything the fans said. Warnock is the clear fans favourite, Brewster the least favoured.

The whole thing has left a sour taste for me.

I was at the meeting the other night too.... "a sour taste" must be the understatement of the year.....  :020: :020: :020:

with bennet saying a certain manager would come with too much baggage etc. he's obviously talking about warnock, which makes me think they have not even entertained the idea of speaking to him.  Even if by some miracle they do will warnock want to come if he has read those comments?

All Savage said - when Warnock's name was mentioned - was that we don't want to be going down this road again in another 18 months from now...

LG got it spot on.

I dont know whit peope are thinking about on here this week I am amazed at how gullible the posts have been.

Football no matter what folk think is dominated by one thing, money.  Warnock was probably earning somewhere between 500 to 800K at Sheffield does anybody realistically expect him t odrop to 60 - 80K tops, he knows as soon as the manager merry go round kicks off in England he will be one of the first managers approached, he has conveniently used the interest from Inverness to remind any prospective employers that he is in demand to compound this he has used his visit to Scotland this week as a little fuel to the fire.  He is currently selling his book to the world and knows how to be very media savvy, some on here have fallen for it hook, line & all that.  This was confirmed by an ex-palace guy Alan somebody on talk sport this morning.  Having an experienced manager does not guarantee success.

Comments on Brewster.  Some of the comments about him have very immature and some scandalous.  Think of the situation in an non emotional way, he was doing a good job for ict when the club he loved as a boy came along offering to double his salary (money thing again) we all know he had doubts about moving re the previous turnover of managers and baggage at the arabs and his obvious inexperience still in the maangement game.  What I dont think ict fans appreciate is that he loved his time at the club and living in Inverness and that is why he wanted to ensure ICT were compensated properly for Inverness.  If it had been visa versa and any of us guys had been offered the chance to go back to ICT for double money I would say 100% of us would have done the same thing.  If nothing else his attacking skills for one more season may be enough to push ICT up the table.  If he  gets the job I wish him all the best.

If Brew does get the job I hope he can get a centre half in, Macaffrey's positioning for the second goal last week was scandalous.

What I dont think ict fans appreciate is that he loved his time at the club and living in Inverness

Yeah, I can still remember him saying how much he loved us and had no intention of leaving us while he rushed to get his jacket.

The sad fact of the matter is that Warnock has far too much experience for our people at the top who want to pull all the strings. Please don't be taken in by all this crap of "fans meetings" - that was the usual heap of s..te to make you think they take our opinions into account. If CB has been appointed, it is time for those who "control" to take a long hard look at themselves. :020: