FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

the name should be.........

caley89

what should the name be for the ultra group??  

160 members have voted

1. 1.

• Caley Thistle Ultras (the CTU)
    • Section G ultras
    • Bridge End Ultras
    • RossoBlu Ultras (italian for red and blue ultras)
    • something else, please specify

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here are afew suggestions for a name i've thought up. please feel free to specify which one(s) you like or if not, please post your own suggestions!

Perhaps c4l you should sacrifice the Ultras tag.

I have no problem with it, and I do think its down to oldfartism :004: but others on here clearly have issues with the name, and I pressume you want to try and get all the fans at the stadium involved and create a bit of atmpsohere, we don't want to alienate anyone.

Also, I don't think I can be ersed going around Aberdeen and being constantly reminded of one more thing wev'e copied/pinched from them.

Although Bridge End Ultras is a quality name.

Maybe am an old fart....but.......any collection of fans giving themselves a label like "ultras" or whatever conjures connotations of hooliganism and trouble to me :024:

Unlike hooligan firms, whose main aim is to fight fans of other clubs, the main focus of ultras is to support their own team. "Ultra" groups usually have four main aims

# never stop singing or chanting during a match, no matter what the result

# never sit down during a match (could be difficult to achieve in the SPL)

# attend as many games as possible (home and away), regardless of cost or distance

# loyalty to the stand in which the group is located

I am a proud member of the Toronto FC Ultras group called U-Sector and we have made Section 113 at BMO Field very enjoyable and very intimidating to away teams. I personally struggle with the third aim because of cost/distance but the other three make it a thoroughkly enjoyable (and violence free) day out.

As someone mentioned elsewhere, Aberdeen is a great example and this page is very informative.

http://www.redultras.net/about/

st mirren group have called themselves the Paisley "SUPRAS" after SUPporters and ultRAS = SUPRAS. i think this might be due to saints fans also feeling unsure about the use of the word ultra.

like scotty says, ultras today are not what they were during the 80s. however if it means getting more people behind us and joining in,  i think we should look into this new name "SUPRAS" because i feel it's quite smart.

just imagen, The Bridge End Supras, WE ARE THE B.E.S.(T)  :004: lol

Ultras is widely accepted in mainland europe and i predict it will take off in the UK if the clubs support the fans.

I think you need the support of the majority of the fans and more importantly the club.

I think involving the name of the stand would be a good start (bridge end/north)

Original is best

These are my thoughts, good luck, i will support whenever possible

Good luck to you guys, not to sure about the Ultra,s bit, personally I would prefer another name, a few suggestions:

Bridge End Collective

North Side Posse

But what ever you choose its good to see the younger fans doing something positive for the club.

Guest Calum-Red-an-Blue

seeing as people are not likeing the tag Ultra, how about we refer to something that relates to our highland connection like"CLAN"

what do others think, it might work :024:

I personally like the sound of "The Bridge End Clan" / " Brige End Clansmen"  :symbol_question:

seeing as people are not likeing the tag Ultra, how about we refer to something that relates to our highland connection like"CLAN"

I personally like the sound of "The Bridge End Clan" / " Brige End Clansmen"  :symbol_question:

not bad i kinda like it  :021:

I personally like the sound of "The Bridge End Clan" / " Brige End Clansmen"   :symbol_question:

This is a winner for me.  Supporters groups are sprouting up all over the UK with 90% of them using the Ultra tag. Clan is different, relevant and will be more of a talking point. :clapping03: :021:

I personally like the sound of "The Bridge End Clan" / " Brige End Clansmen"   :symbol_question:

My favourite so far.  :clapping03: :clapping03: :clapping03: