Caley Sign Imrie

ElderBoy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you Thik he'll be any good??

Has anyone seen him play before??

I actually made a point of watching him in the "live" game a couple of weeks ago (Clyde v Dundee Utd.)

On the day of the game I'd read in the paper (Express I think) that Imrie was hoping that the television game could put him in the shop window, so I made a point of watching him closely throughout the match.

He, in my opinion, was very effective. He certainly was very prominent in the game. To be honest I kinda got the idea though that he hadn't played to his full potential, he almost had a great game if you know what I mean. I had previously been under the impression that Imrie was a striker but if this game is anything to go by then he is a left winger.

On the little that I've seen, I think that Imrie will be a success at Inverness :022:

I asked well respected Clyde fan David W, from P & B, for his thoughts on Imrie and this is what he said:

Good points - He is naturally quick - decent at running at people when he gets up a head of steam. He's good at winning freekicks with some exaggerated falling and not bad at taking them or corners. Can play up front, though his best displays for us were as a left wingback as he's not a bad tackler, has a good engine and is decent in the air. Don't think he's an SPL striker but may do a job as a winger.

Some good crossing but will sometimes sclaff it straight out of play. He's a cracking player away from home in particular where a wee bit of space on the break will see him punish teams. He's 100% commited (though in our case, this led to shows of petulance towards the end of his career at Clyde simply as he was so desperate to do well) and won't stop working for the 90 minutes.

Bad points - No right foot, his first touch always goes 5 yards and he gets booked a lot - sometimes fairly but he's harshly treated after the McCabe incident IMO. Seriously, his first touch is nowhere near SFL standard, never mind the SPL so he'll need to sort it out.

Either way, he'll get stuck in and defenders won't like playing against him because he keeps going for the full game. He needs to develop a Plan B as Dundee Utd doubled up on him and played him onto his right foot and as such, he looked out of his depth against them. I fancy he'll do a good job for you against the likes of St Mirren, Killie, Gretna etc but I think he'll struggle against the OF and any team with a good right back.

Overall, he's got the raw basics but it'll take good coaching and hardwork to help him achieve anything at that level.

Guest TonyICT

i think he is a very good player to have. i was talking to him on msn messenger and he seems a good lad and is happy that he signed for us. that makes me happy i think he will be alot better then markus.

:022: and ?50 000 is nothing for a player these days. :sillywave:

:crazy07:

I could be wrong but I don't think we've technically signed McGuire yet.  The last I remember reading about him it suggested that his loan spell was extended to the end of the season and he'd signed a pre-contract.

you may well b right, im not sure if dunfermline released him or we payed a nominal fee but. http://www.ictfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squa...47~6792,00.html no loan next to his name  :024:

There is a Stephen Mackenzie shown in the -17 squad list on the official site, he is down as a defender.

Presumably that's him.

Strange that the BBC picked up on him being transferred but not our second most expensive player. Oh well...

Imrie, apparently had plans for Killie or Aberdeen on a pre contract agreement at the end of the season but was keen to play SPL football.(Clyde would have lost him for nothing at the end of the season)

Just as well he didn't go to Killy, Morgan would be even further down the list for the left wing.