FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

St Mirren -V- ICT : Matchday thread

Scotty

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the clowns on the radio just admitted they have no idea who was taken off for Imrie, shocking that commentators are so clueless and have such a poor knowledge of the players/teams they are commentating on!

Unless it is Rangers or Celtic they won't know.

the clowns on the radio just admitted they have no idea who was taken off for Imrie, shocking that commentators are so clueless and have such a poor knowledge of the players/teams they are commentating on!

Unless it is Rangers or Celtic they won't know.

surely they get a team sheet before the game though and i would imagine they would have the ability to look at shirt numbers?

phew, sounded a close one there, roy mcbain clearance off the line!!  :010:

nearly a goal for them but no, and Grant on a yellow card after a challenge on Dargo. We seem to be on top so hope it stays that way. The comentator really doesnt seem to like us alot does he. Is he from the other team?

Kheredine Iddesane is commentating and he is pretty clueless. Jim Duffy is the co-commentator and dont think he knows much about us either.

sounds like we are under the cosh now - we need a 2nd goal or this is going to go pear shaped.

oh dear still 1 point is better than none,

I thought it  sounded  like we played the best but we will have to wait for the comments from the guys and girls at the match.

The commentators thought St Mirren played better but what do they know. 

As I mentioned at the top of the thread ......

We have been struggling in recent weeks to get reports done in a timely fashion as we are so busy working on the end of season site redesign - so are asking users to submit reports to us ..... If anyone (or more than one) fancies submitting a report from todays game, just follow the link above.

Going out shortly but was at the game.... as were a certain Mr Coia, Mr Yompa and Mr KY would you believe. Going away early tomorrow morning and not back till about 8. Could maybe cobble together something but I'll probably be knackered. Hope somebody gives you a better offer  :001: Sure Johndo will be along with the smileys.

Defended very deep in the second half, St Mirren were very poor but if you give them that much possession they're bound to score sometime. Niculae and especially Denzil were passengers, would have got Baz on for Denzil much earlier. Imrie looks a real find too.

As always, hats off for Rossco. What a gent. Won all his high balls all day and a fair few tackles in front of the North bank despite taking the usual dog's abuse.

Let's not forget, it will be 10 years in August since his clumsy mistimed tackle and probably very few of the 'supporters' who howl abuse at him were actually there.

I am smuggling a comment out from work so no report from me either I am afraid. Imrie reminds me a bit of Keogh. I suspect he has a good engine, is industrious and may have some pace ( that is a guess). Caused a fair bit of irritation when he came on playing wide left. No final product again today and i was disappointed....................we should have had that game by the scruff of the neck after an hour. As El Mantis says.........Saints were bound to score eventually as we stood off them and let them play. Brewster should have acted earlier in bringing on Bazza........Denzil was having a bad day. 2 points lost I would venture.

Nice to meet the Durness crew in the Alamo

Well perhaps I was expecting too much. After a long lay off I was looking forward to three points and the feeling akin to watching a firework display - not a momentous firework display just an average - a few colourful roman candles and some classy rockets - well I got a few sparklers - one rocket from Granty - and a load of damp squibs. Jim Duffy described it as a surprisingly entertaining game - perhaps that was fer the neutrals - but I found it dull, uninspiring and down right frustrating. The first half felt like it was being played at half pace - almost a training game - we seldom looked troubled apart from two defensive errors - Royster and Proc - but despite being the better side we never really pushed forward. Why we didnt up the pace when we went 1-0 up is a mystery - they were there fer the taking. And what "system" were we playing in the first half - was it 4-3-3 or was it 4-3-1-2 0r was it 4-1-2-1-2. I am going to get pelters again but it looked as if we were playing a system around Marius - again. It appeared that Marius and Cowie were interlinking with Marius trying to come deeper and Cowie looking to go forwards. We also seemed **** bent on hoofing the ball to Marius or Wyness - that simply doesnt work. Why didnt we paly the ball on the ground and wide (like we did with Bazza on) and played to Cowie's strengths ?!! I also have to say that agian there was the aura of "togetherness" missing - they all played as professionals but apart from Celebrating Granty's goal "team spirit" was dulled to say the least - and a few verbal spats going on - mostly involving Niculae.

To be fair the loss of Proctor appeared to effect our "system" and the Buddies came firing out of the traps and their goal came after 10-15 minutes of constant pressure. We were lucky to come away with the points in the end. And again I would have taken on Bazza earlier, and Bayne as well fer Niculae. Bazza played wide right and we looked for him or Petrie every time - why didnt we do that with Cowie ?? In the first half we seemed obsessed with the hoof - and not under pressure - or playing it left !! They took on Hamilton and played him up front with Dargo and Mehmet - we could have and should have capitalised on that - but we retreated the line and played into their hands - until Bazza came on -  plus our final ball or attempt at goal - apart from the late Bazza volley - were always poor.

FRASER  :001: :001: :001:  :001: Nowt really to do in the first half but earned his wage in the second half - when he wes Davy feckin Crockett at the Alamo - I thought he was really unlucky with the goal - have also to say that his distribution was very good.

ROSSCOE  :001: :001: :001: :001: :001: My MOM - he usually doesnt play his best at Love Street but he appeared to react very positively to the almost constant baiting from the junkies. He won every header from dead ball situations, he put in a few shuddering fair tackles, he usually tried to play the ball to feet and got forward a lot in the last 20 minutes.

HASTINGS  :001: :001: :001: :001: Thought he did well both at full back and at centre back - in fact better at centre back. Ok his distribution is usually a hoof but he certainly mixed it with Mehmet and Hamilton.

GRANTY  :001: :001:  :001: :001: What a feckin well deserved and fitting goal. Solid game as ever but the hoofing got on my nerves.

PROCTOR  :001: :001: :001: Relatively unrattled and dose try to play the ball out of defence properly. May have been his injury but a bad error almost let Dargo in for the equaliser just on half time. Lad hasnt got much luck - every time he looks like earning a run summat happens to him.

COWIE  :001: :001: :001: Waht the feck are we doing to him tactically. He appeared to be played as Niculae's "legs" yesterday and that effectively took him out of the game. Why didnt we paly him wide right in Bazza mode from the start ?? And he came into his own when he moved inside and Bazza went right. Cowie is beginning to look more and more like a good striker - his pace would be a big bonus and he can score goals.

DUNCAN  :001: :001: :001: Quieter than usual but was stuck in front of the defence for most of the game. Some of his passing was woeful again.

BLACK  :001: :001: :001: :001: 110% again and the one player who appeared to have the flair to create. But most of the time that he got the ball his choice of passes forward were limited.

ROYSTER  :001: :001: :001: Given a lot of the ball in the first half - did OK but he is not a "winger", a crosser or a flair player - did OK at left back but caught out positionally at times.

NICULAE  :001: :001: :001: To be fair that was his best game that I have watched but he is still a luxury away from home and was generally ineffective. He worked his socks off when he had to, he won his fair share in the air and some of his first touch lay offs were nice to the eye. His cushioned header fer the Bazza volley was class. But sorry - we are still plaing around him and his lack of pace and movement are shocking. He got in two shots but a player with more pace would have got them on target - plus why did he need a touch for the perfect 22yard free kick for a left footer. Not much more that I can say as playing him away from home just has to be contractual.

DENZIL  :001: :001: Bad day at the office but not helped by his front role. IMHO he should have been the one playing deeper.

BAZZA  :001: :001: :001: :001:  That was a substitution just crying to be made and was just too late. He comes on and we start playing with width - why ??

IMRIE  :001: :001: :001:  45 minutes is not enuff to pass real comment. Suffice to say that he looks raw and off the SPL pace but he has a nice touch, looks pacy, determined and strong plus he looks as if he can defend as well - his left foot looks a la Rankin. Needs a ru in the team - probably as a replacement fer Royster.

Our new Ultras were promising "singers" and two of my protoges even managed to get chucked out due to OTT stewarding.  :021: