FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who's happy?

Guest Aboynamedsue

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right iv had a 'sherry' or two as some folk have said in this thread already  :023:

but kingkojak im sorry, europe is out of our reach ATM, we are a small club competing in the best league in the country and survival should be our main priority.

I made the routine journey to our second most recent away day to motherwell - cost around ?30 in all (im a stundent btw)  - we played poorly and i was sat with only two mates amongst around 100 inverness fans, we fought and lost that day.  Its typical of most of our away days these days.

But il say one thing..iv been to so many away days...prob about the last ten we havnt had a good result.....But for every ten there is a day where we travel to hearts and win in the last dieing breath  3-2...to be an inverness fan at that point in time it doesnt matter if we finish eleventh or sixth but one thing is for sure...you can ask me then if its all worth it.

Il see you at parkhead on wednesday.  :004:

p.s. i would reccommend reading the last paragraph whilst full of beer and listening to 'caledonia' at three in the morning...trust me its enough to stirr the soul lol!    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfyQiWYfy1o

Guest WynessLegend

I'm extremely happy.

ICT have a good squad and a talented and ambitious management team.

We've pretty much guaranteed our fifth SPL season - and we've shown that there are possibilities for us to go much further.

Delighted.

I'm not unhappy with where we are in the league at present but I do still harbour doubts about whether we have the right man as our manager.

That said, he's the man in possession and he should be backed.

My summary would be that we're doing adaquately well but we could and should be more consistant.

Im not happy...

With the "alledged" unrest with the players/management, some yet to sign and some leaving yip we are well safe this year but im dreading next year. :029:

Ive been to the last 5 reserve home games n see only 2 players that probably could do a job in SPLLLL  n with the recent Brewsters tactics/formations just dont feel like we will be capable of challenging a top 6 n will be in a relegation battle with the new promoted team.... :020: 

i am not happy . i am fed up of hearing people say we are punching above  our weight . we are in our fourth season in the s. p. l.  we are as good as all other teams bar the old firm  on our day and even them sometimes . we have to start believing we can move onto the next level . i . e .  a cup final or a top six finish. deep down i think the players lack that self belief.

Caff had to go and time is almost but not up for Baz but there are worrying signs.

I?m fed up with the stock quote from the club ? ?xxx?s contract is due to be signed this week?

Implication if its not signed ? player xxx has greedily held his hand out for some more.

Time for another tune.

David Byrne has a name for this.

"speaking in tongues"   :024:

Chris123..have you been to the games??? 

If it wasn't for the "senior" players and very bad opposition!......n havent a few teams got games in hand???dont know

Other teams also play a mix of senior players, and as for the rest of the opposition, that cancels out your own point, because basically, if there standard is that bad, why do we need to worry?

I think we could be a bit more ambitous.  Look at Falkirk for example.  I am delighted to stay in teh SPL but we should be making progress to finish higher each season we are there.  We should also be winning away games at the likes of St Mirren ( I know celtic struggled) and Kilmarnock on a regular basis or we are never going to take the " next step".

I will continue to give 100% but just want to see more ambition.

Here is to Wednesday.

I got to admit I am happy with the club.  We have finished comfortably for the past three seasons in the SPL and are still one of the only clubs with no debt.  We got to be happy with that and if we start expecting more from the players then the pressure will surley have bad effects on their performances.

As with every single year ICT have been in existence, I am happy with some things and unhappy with others ... The items are usually the same (team, management, performances, communication from club, PR, stadium infrastructure etc etc etc) they just keep changing from the happy column to the unhappy column depending on which season it is !!!

As to this season - While its galling to lose some of the games we have, especially losing goals in the early minutes, I am not overly concerned about how our season is going on the park.

Off the park is a different matter and there have been a number of things that have given cause for concern such as the way CC felt obliged to resign, the breaking of our wage budget, several PR blunders by the club and just a general feeling that this is no longer the club it was in terms of taking care of, or even considering the needs and wants of, its customers - the fans.

For some reason, I am also quite angry that we seem to be treating Barry Wilson as a bit of a leper. I had always thought that Barry would be allowed to hang up his boots and then be assimilated into some training or other role within the club. We know he is coming to the end of his playing career, but I cant help feeling we are making a mistake if we do get rid of him - especially in the middle of his testimonial season which feels like a bit of a slap in the face ! This is not new however, and I have always thought we made a similar mistake when we let Mike Teasdale go. Mike was one of those players who was personable to all and at the time I personally hoped he would be given some role in the PR/Marketing of the club or as fan liason or something like that as he was always trotted out to speak to people and was very willing to go to fan events or take part in online chatroom sessions and stuff like that where he could interact with fans.

On the plus side, I would say that it looks like we might be preparing for next season a lot earlier than normal and in other places than just Dingwall. With some contracts as yet unsigned and other "surplus" players likely to leave the club at the end of the season, the news that we have this Man Utd lad on trial is good news whichever way you dice it. We may or may not sign the lad but at least we are looking further afield than across the bridge for new players and we are doing it early enough that there may actually be some gems out there that we can snap up !

Next season will make or break Brewster. Although we arent mathematically safe from relegation yet, I think we all assume that Gretna will go down either because they will get less points than anyone else or because of their stadium situation. Next year will likely be a lot different because we will not have that cushion. Whichever team comes up will want to emulate ourselves, Falkirk, St Mirren etc and stay in the SPL for as long as they can. I can see Killie struggling too but before a ball is kicked, the promoted team, ourselves and the other three I mentioned will all be candidates for the drop so I hope my happiness with Brewster's apparent early preparations translate into happiness throughout the 08/09 season !

Iagree with Scotty, what happens next season will be crucial to the mid term future of the club.

I have a feling that we will either progress into the top six or be involved in a battle against relegation.

Somehow or other I don't foresee another "comfortable" finish in 7th or 8th place.

We do need to strenghten the squad in both defence and atacking midfield.  As ive said on another topic Black is wanted by the dons fans and since Calderwood is having a clear out in the summer we need to make sure we don't loose any more key players.  I agree we shouldn't break the clubs business plan by breaking the wage structure but we do need to start attracting young players with potential.  Hibs seem to have got this bit right.

I'm happy to hear we're keeping Rosco  :021:

Am dissapointed to hear were keeping the lumbering oaf

I dont think that comment is justified.

I'll be happy if Rossco and all the others play as well, for the rest of the season, as they did last night.

Here here , judging by last nights radio commentry our boys worked their socks off , unlucky not to get the equaliser

Fair play to all you happy people for being able to see the bigger picture but i can't see things that way.

I'm not happy because in the last nine games we've won just once, going out of the cup and dropping to ninth in the table in the process. I'm still unhappy about the failure to replace Dods and Dargo, the signing of Niculae and it's implications for the wage structure, the shocking treatment of Barry Wilson and the rumours of player discontent that have plagued us all season.

Looking at the SPL table and seeing us safe doesn't make me happy in itself - watching the club and the team fulfil its potential does and we haven't been doing that recently.