FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Has Niculae been worth it?

SMEE

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't buy the whole "Orion paying half his wages" line either.  As I understand it the only money to come directly to the club from Orion is a ?275,000 invest for a 12% shareholding.....that's not player sponsorship, that's the purchase of a stake in a football club.  So, although the investment perhaps made the signing possible, it is ICT who are paying 100% of the wages.

L_G mentioned this recently on another thread. That is NOT the way this deal has been presented. A number of people from the club from Brewster to Grassa have talked about "the chairman picking up most of Marius' wage".

If that's not the case then it's yet another example of our board treating the club's fans and players with total contempt.

As has been said by several people over the season....the next set of club accounts could make for very interesting (and revealing) reading for many people.

Guest neksor

P & J today Niculae states that he may move on next season.

Does he have an opt-out option in his contract?

If he does will we still get a fee?

neksor

Caley Mad in Berks--enjoyed your passionate post but why are you always so intense and ....well..... angry? At your age it's the blood pressure thing that you need to watch don't you know? :002: When you get to my age, luv, it's like water off a duck's back and frankly, it's the only thing that keeps me sane in this jolly old world , coping with the jolly japes and jocular juxtapositrions and.... :003:

Look at Johnboy whose  ironic posts invariably contain that almost indescernible hint of indifferent go-with-the-flow , laissez-faire , devil-may-care, sometimes insightful posts often with a rather absorbing but always slightly amusing tone to them. And all designed to set off IHE which is meat and tatties fer us all. I think?

:crazy06: :blah01:

Is he just an angry old git or does he just need to chill - here is some advice to Mad Berk.

Entitlement is the belief that you have the right to do or get something. In social interactions, it is considering your right to do or get something to be superior the rights of those who may want you to do or get something else. When you feel entitled, you are not merely disappointed when others disagree with you or fail to accommodate your presumed rights, you feel cheated and wronged, which produces anger and a stronger sense of entitlement as compensation. Of course, once you're older than five and not cute anymore, the world is not likely to meet your entitlement needs. So it gets to be a downward spiral -- the more you don't get what you think you deserve, the more justified you feel in demanding compensation. The person who cuts in front of you in line is often saying, "With the way I've been treated, I shouldn't have to wait in line, too!" Not surprisingly, criminals, domestic violence offenders, aggressive drivers, and abusers of all kinds have been observed to have an exaggerated sense of entitlement.

Unfortunately, exaggerated entitlement is not merely the domain of those who run afoul of the law. In the daytime talk-show, self-help, personal-growth mania that dominates popular culture, we are entitled not just to the pursuit of happiness, not even just to happiness, but to feeling good most of the time. I believe this new sense of entitlement, this "cult of feeling good," is partly responsible for the reported sharp increases in anger and stress.

Chances are, the emotional states you observe most often in the course of a typical day is some form of low-grade resentment, usually manifest as impatience, agitation, annoyance, irritability, sarcasm, superiority, or frustration, plus entitlement. Resentment comes from a perception of unfairness; you're not getting the expected help, relief, consideration, praise, reward, or affection, i.e., you're not getting that to which you feel entitled.

:011:

Is he just an angry old git or does he just need to chill - here is some advice to Mad Berk.

Entitlement is the belief that you have the right to do or get something. In social interactions, it is considering your right to do or get something to be superior the rights of those who may want you to do or get something else. When you feel entitled, you are not merely disappointed when others disagree with you or fail to accommodate your presumed rights, you feel cheated and wronged, which produces anger and a stronger sense of entitlement as compensation. Of course, once you're older than five and not cute anymore, the world is not likely to meet your entitlement needs. So it gets to be a downward spiral -- the more you don't get what you think you deserve, the more justified you feel in demanding compensation. The person who cuts in front of you in line is often saying, "With the way I've been treated, I shouldn't have to wait in line, too!" Not surprisingly, criminals, domestic violence offenders, aggressive drivers, and abusers of all kinds have been observed to have an exaggerated sense of entitlement.

Unfortunately, exaggerated entitlement is not merely the domain of those who run afoul of the law. In the daytime talk-show, self-help, personal-growth mania that dominates popular culture, we are entitled not just to the pursuit of happiness, not even just to happiness, but to feeling good most of the time. I believe this new sense of entitlement, this "cult of feeling good," is partly responsible for the reported sharp increases in anger and stress.

Chances are, the emotional states you observe most often in the course of a typical day is some form of low-grade resentment, usually manifest as impatience, agitation, annoyance, irritability, sarcasm, superiority, or frustration, plus entitlement. Resentment comes from a perception of unfairness; you're not getting the expected help, relief, consideration, praise, reward, or affection, i.e., you're not getting that to which you feel entitled.

:011:

Feck me! What's your fee for that load of garbage sound advice? Maybe I'll buy you a pint next time I see you at a match.  Thats after I've kicked you in the b*lls, of course!

See it WORKED - I have assisted you in getting rid of some of your repressed internalised anger and allowed you, in a therapeutic and cathartic manner, to project it harmlessly at myself - the therapist.

That will cost ya a double voddie and coke by the way - my fees are not feckin cheap.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Jeez IHE I was only kidding.  O.T.T was never a consideration. :015:

But o.k,then,  you have proved your point.. :rotflmao:

I think CMIB is like me -he needs to retire soon to his  hacienda in the sun.Scarlet has passed through all the stages you cite. Road rage has now been supplanted by acting coolly--trading my Chrysler Sebring for a tank!! :002:

Gawd I've forgotten what I was trying to say--is that what they call a senior moment IHE?

Can I get a senior's discount for a personal consultation?

If so can I get the brief, expurgated, version of the head tripping  advice instead of the monolithic monotone Montypythonesque  monologue? :finger01: :021:

I heard something today which would suggest that offloading Niculae in the summer might not actually save us all that much and that his weekly salary isn't a far out of line with other top earners at the club as we first thought.

If what I heard is right then we should be offering him an extension this summer unless we're offered a sizeable transfer IMO.

I heard something today which would suggest that offloading Niculae in the summer might not actually save us all that much and that his weekly salary isn't a far out of line with other top earners at the club as we first thought.

If what I heard is right then we should be offering him an extension this summer unless we're offered a sizeable transfer IMO.

Yes, I always thought blaming Niculae solely for breaking the wage structure was unfair.  I too think he is well worth hanging on to, unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

CMIB...It's more a case of the damage being done and there's no point now cutting off our noses to spite our face.

He's here, he's doing a good job and we've gone through all the pain that has been (allegedly) caused by the wage scenario.  Moving him on in the summer would change nothing in any of that, we (club, fans and players) just need to learn from it and move on.

Guest WynessLegend

Marius is pure class and has been worth every penny.

The greatest player, so far, to wear the ICT jersey.

An intelligent footballer who has given the side so much this year.

He has also given us hilarious moments ...............

like when Duncan threw the dummy out the pram because he reckoned he was worth the same wage! priceless!

Shame he won't be here next year.