FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Sean Evans

MichaelICT

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always nice to see fresh faces arrive. If he's playing for some form of the Welsh national side (which has produced many top players) then he could be worth a look at. :022:

the Welsh national side (which has produced many top players)

I think its more the players club that produce the players rather than the national set up.  Anyway thats just being pedantic!

The BBC site says he's a winger.  Definatly worth a look.

Daily Ranger report

INVERNESS manager Craig Brewster has taken Sean Evans on trial after the Wales Under-21 winger was recommended by Sir Alex Ferguson.

The 20-year-old has just been released by Manchester United but Fergie has assured Brew the kid has the potential to play in the SPL.

Brewster said: "I plan to take a really good look at him for a week and it's also vital he sees what we're all about here too.

"He's only 20 but has been in the Welsh Under-21s, is quick and has a good pedigree.

"When I brought another Manchester United kid, Michael Barnes, up here last season he did well for the week but I need someone with more first-team experience.

"I spoke to Sir Alex and he said the boy has a chance. At United players must be of a certain pedigree right away - there is no time to just hope they will eventually bloom.

"They can't afford to wait on young players who might take a little longer.

"John Rankin is a classic example of a player who came through their system and took a step back but still went on to make a name in the game. Players develop and peak at different ages.

"The lad is keen to come up and do well and maybe win himself a contract."

Guest TinCanFan

Off topic but,  Are they actually going to be having seasons training, permenantly at Culloden.

And, where did they even do it before O_o

They usually do it at Fort George I think.  Don't know if this is for good though as they did it last year there.  Or was it Charleston?

will he be able to play on saturday

Probably.  ICT have played trialists before in these sorts of games.

Evans, who is also a Welsh under-21 internationalist, has already had a trial at League One side Cheltenham Town, but was not offered a deal and has now decided to come North of the Border to try and win a contract with the Highland Capital club.

"Sean did fine in his first training session with us, but it's going to take him a little bit of time to settle in," said Brewster. "It's the same with any player that goes on trial. They take a little bit of time to bed in and Sean is certainly no different.

"Midfield is probably the one area of the team where we're well covered, but the difference with Sean is that he's predominantly a wide player who could offer us something different."