• Sell him?
    • Keep him?

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting to read in the P&J that Nicuale got a % of the transfer fee but we still made a profit on him

The article also mentioned the board hasn't decided if Brewster gets any of the money from the transfer to spend  :029:

yes seems very strange,says in the press brew still looking for another att,but who knows from where?also rooney flew home today,let hope we get him on loan,as he seemingly enjoyed his week

I would enjoy an all expenses paid week abroad with a couple of games of footie thrown in too!!

Is it deffo official that Marius has gone then?

yes seems very strange,says in the press brew still looking for another att,but who knows from where?also rooney flew home today,let hope we get him on loan,as he seemingly enjoyed his week

I would enjoy an all expenses paid week abroad with a couple of games of footie thrown in too!!

Is it deffo official that Marius has gone then?

sunday mail has a review of yesterdays game  in denmark,and says"a day after the romanian,s ?500,000 switch to dinamo bucharest,mcallister scored 3 times in 30 mins"

Just noticed that on the BBC website as well. I guess this is why our website hasn't been updated.

I'm really starting to think the board have realised the bid was 500k Euros and not 500k Pound Sterling  :rolleyes02:

Guest birdog

Would appear not everything is as black and white as it seems  :024:

Clicky to BBC

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: It's not that long ago our management were accused of "tapping up" but this seems to take the biscuit.

The 27-year-old was given permission by Inverness to take time out of their pre-season training schedule to return to Romania for "personal reasons".

Caley Thistle insisted that it was not connected with a prospective transfer.

How many people actually believed ICT when they came out with this crap?

What the feck is going on? Is he staying or is he going? It's time this club started being open and honest with its supporters. The whole Niculae saga has stunk from start to finish ( when ever it finishes ) and to be honest that can't come soon enough.

Whatever the problem is, it would be entirely appropriate that the club deal with it directly rather than through the media. And at this stage, we don't know for sure who, if anyone, is at fault.

The BBC story would certainly explain why Dinamo Bucarest were so keen to publish the ICT documents confirming the transfer fee agreed.

One guess would be that there could be some dispute over a sell-on clause? Or about who pays Marius and his agent?

Gleaning info from various sources (BBC / various independent sites / Dinamo Site)

1. A fee has been agreed between the clubs

2. Personal terms have been agreed between the player and Dinamo

and that should be it ..... However, for some reason

1. Dinamo appear to be witholding a portion of the fee.

2. Dinamo published the transfer documents on their website.

3. The accompanying text suggested they were considering reporting ICT to both "UEFA" and "FIFA".

The first point is probably not that unusual. Until Dinamo get all the documents and International clearance from UEFA then Marius is technically still an ICT player and not eligible to be selected (Romanian league started this weekend I think). Not sure why they would do the second one, it does seem quite unusual but points to some possible dispute and that they were showing the documents in support of their side of it. The third one - and my translation could be way off as the original commentary was in Romanian - seemed to suggest that whatever the dispute was, the clubs didnt think they could resolve it amicably and it might have to be referred to the governing bodies.

I just went back to the Dinamo link and it appears the photos of the transfer documentation and the veiled threat to bring in UEFA and/or FIFA is gone so perhaps the clubs have sorted it out. Still nothing on the official website so lets hope the final dotting of the i's and crossing of the t's is taking place as we speak and the saga can be put to bed.

Guest lightlamp

wtf is going on wi niculae on dinamo's website it shows him singing for dinamo even wearing the clubs scarf now people say hes not singed it showed him putting pen to paper

I've been doing some digging in to the difference (25,000 Euros) between the fee invoiced by ICT and the amount paid by Dinamo as I thought that might have been the cause of the delay.

However, it would appear that this is a statutory 5% "Solidarity Contribution"...extract from FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players.

Article 1 Solidarity contribution

If a professional moves during the course of a contract, 5% of any compensation, not including training compensation paid to his former club, shall be deducted from the total amount of this compensation and distributed by the new club as a solidarity contribution to the club(s) involved in his training and education over the years. This solidarity contribution reflects the number of years (calculated pro rata if less than one year) he was registered with the relevant club(s) between the seasons of his 12th and 23rd birthdays

This would suggest to me that based on the documents that were published on the Dinamo website that ICT have in fact received payment in full for the transfer of Marius.....so I can't see how this could be the cause of the delay.

This stinks. Again the board see it fine to drag the clubs name through the mud.

Get it sorted - anything between 400,000 and 500,000 will do fine and it should not be ICTs responsibility to pay the player and agent unless there is an agreement in writing.

Can ICT not be involved in a clean cut transfer?

nicalue,s agent said on mfr that he knew  littleabout the deal,and marius negotiatred it himself :029:

Which means you can strike the "greedy agent" idea off the list of possible reasons for the delay.

I have one overriding fear at the moment and that is the fact that Dinamo kicked off their season last night so if ICT are found to be negligent and having caused a delay which prevented the player from playing in that or any future games for his new club then they could find any profit they made from the sale heading straight back to Dinamo by way of compensation.

I really hope the club aren't playing with fire, because despite my criticism of the board and Sutherland I don't want ICT to suffer any more than I think they already are as a result of incompetence.