Team for Celtic

Renegade

---------------------------------Fraser---------------------------------

--------Proctor*---------------Munro--------------Hastings----------

--------Tokely-----------------Black--------------Djebi-Zadi---------

--------Wilson-----------------Cowie----------------Imrie------------

-----------------------------Barrowman-------------------------------

Subs - Esson, Duff*, Vigurs, Rooney, Duncan, McBain, Brewster

* - Duff is put in at right centre back if Proctor is still injured. If he still is Zander Sutherland or Phil McGuire is placed on the bench.

Fraser in goal, for now. Last season in the 3-2 win, Proctor did a great job in keeping up with McGeady and at the Rangers game in January, Burke was having a tough time with crosses in the first half and wasn't able to start until he came up against Hastings in the second half. By put both Proctor an Tokely in these positions, the would-be Celtic crosser would have a hard time. This is the same on the left where possibly McGeady or Robson would have a hard time getting crosses into the box when coming up against Hastings and Djebi-Zadi. Munro would be place at centre back.

The midfield, Tokely played very well against Aberdeen last season when in this position and by putting him here he can also make runs forward and can come back and defend. Black in the centre of the midfield and Djebi-Zadi at the left wing. He, like Tokely can be used to go forward and come back and defend if necessary.

Tokely seems to play better with Wilson infront of him so he is placed at right attacking wing. Cowie is placed just behind the striker and Imrie is at left attacking wing. Barrowman is placed up-front. I know, Brewster won't put himself on the bench but he'd be perfect in the game to go into attack mode at towards the end of the game.

With the 3-3-3-1, it can interchanged to 5-4-1 when defending with Tokely and Djebi-Zadi going as left and right backs. It can also be used to crowd the midfield in a 3-6-1 style and it can also be used as a 3-3-4 when attacking with Cowie, Wilson and Imrie peeling off to join Barrowman up-front. This would be the best way to get in about Celtic.

Edited by Renegade

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Fraser

Tokely Munro McGuire Hastings

Duncan Black

Imrie Mcbain

Cowie

Rooney

Subs: Esson, Duff, Barrowman, Wilson, Vigurs, Lionel

Edited by Muir-Jaggie

well i've been to all our home and away games this season, i would keep our two most consistant players in and that would be black and vigurs, i see everyone above has left vigurs out, have you lot not been to both home and away games, its crazy you leave that young kid out.

sorry just remembered...black a doubt for celtic game due to shoulder injury and proctor getting a second opinion on his ankle so he also is going to miss a few more games and possibly duncan too.

so here's my team with and without these players:

team for celtic without the mentioned players:

Fraser

Tokely Munro Duff Hastings

Cowie McBain Vigurs Imire

Rooney Barrowman

team for celtic with all players available:

Fraser

Tokely Munro Duff Hastings

Cowie Black Duncan Vigurs

Imirie

Rooney

Renegade, the 3-3-3-1 is never going to catch on.

I was thinking about this game as I watched MotD last night. Sunderland played Arsenal at home yesterday and took a point, nearly three, by playing it tight and closing down the opposition quickly. They were happy to sit back behind the ball and pressure the more talented Arsenal side. The previous week Hull City beat Arsenal 2-1 by playing two strikers with Giovanni just behind them - they pushed on at Arsenal and prevailed that way. Should Brewster take the Sunderland approach and risk being punished for any mistakes or does he attack Celtic and take the chance of being hit on teh break by a rampant Celtic side?

Difficult game and an interesting selection.

fraser

roscoe (just to see him scythe down that tw*t mcgeady)

hastings

munro

mcguire

imrie

duncan

black (if fit)

cowie

rooney

barrowman

If black isn't fit, then replace him with the Royster, I feel slightly uneasy about this game, the saints beat rangers and its very rare, if not then completely unheard of, for the two of them to lose within a couple of weeks of each other.

BRING ON THE CELTS!! THE SUPER ICT TO WIN 2-1, al last second dougie imrie strike.

We need real graft in the next few weeks - the bottom spot is becoming like a magnet. If we persist in believing we have no right to sink into it we will. We should not laugh at Aberdeen because they have the resources to get out of the mess.

Last year we criticised - or some did - Marius for failing to be a prolific scorer. Our forwards need to work very hard in the next 6 games or else we could be back where Brew started. Sorry to be negative but this is a scary league this year.

If we started with that team you have suggested, I think we would lose at least 5-0.

ICT'll probably lose by a fair amount anyway.

Renegade, the 3-3-3-1 is never going to catch on.

Unfortunately this is probably true but this formation was used by Argentina in the last World Cup. Of course Brew will never dream of putting a formation like this out and will probably stick with the boring old 4-4-2 or 4-5-1. Time to be more progressive, formation wise I reckon.

Guest Mahonio

i would go for 4-5-1 as you don't want to attack bigger teams and get ripped open but also we do have to be a bit defensive too for same reason as above.

My team would be:

Fraser

Tokely Munro McGuire* Hastings

McBain Cowie Imrie Vigurs Wilson

Barrowman

Bench: Esson, Djebi, Sutherland, Rooney and Wood

* i would not play Duff in this game as i don't see ut as one for inexperienced defenders.

What do you think? I will accept criticism if given.

I would go with:

Fraser

Tokely Munro McGuire Hastings

Duncan

Vigurs Cowie Black McBain

Barrowman

I think we have got to go 4-1-4-1. Duncan should be fit so I would play in the holding role in front of the back 4. Should Black be out I would play McBain in the centre and play Imrie out wide on the left.

Edited by Brew Army

----------------------------Easson----------------------------------

Tokely------------Duff-----------Munro------------Hasitings

----------------------------Duncan-------------------------------

Cowie------------Black--------------McBain------------Imrie

---------------------------Barrowboy---------------------------

Edited by SMEE

I see that Vinegar of Castlemilk has been ruled out of saturday's game; which can only be good news since he had a habit of scoring against us. Samaras is coming onto a game however and has also grabbed a good goal or 2 against us.

Kept an eye on the other Celtic players involved in midweek international games (Samaras, McGeady, McDonald, Nakamura), but none appear to have been injured. Boruc did have an absolute howler though :rotflmao:

Lets hope our week off has given our boys time to work on defending set pieces and keep energy levels up, whereas Celtic are a wee bit tired and looking ahead to their game v. Man Yoonited on Tues.

With a few of their squad involved in Internationals on wed and a vital Champions league game next tuesday I think the ginger'll be keeping a few of his important players on the bench. I understand IHE's reasons for 4-5-1 but I believe that if we keep possession and pass accurately a 4-4-2 is the way to go.

For me, assuming Black and Proctor are unfit:

Fraser

Tokely, Mcguire, Munro, Hastings

Cowie, McBain, Duncan, Imrie

Barrowman, Rooney

Cowie and Imrie have to run hard and stay wide, draw their central defenders out and strikers get into the spaces.

Barrowman a doubt

But Black & Duncan 'fully fit'

Fraser

Tokely, McGuire, Munro, Hastings

Wilson, Black, Duncan, McBain, Imrie

Shocka

I'd like to see Wilson start. He'll not last the full 90 but Cowie can replace him.

Hopefully by the time celtic play manyoo on Tuesday night, they'll be sick o' the name Rooney !!!

i just hope brew plays our 'passing on the deck/ball' players i.e black, vigurs, duncan, imirie, rooney and cowie because if we just boot the ball up the field celtic's dodgy but massive cb's will clean them up all day...celtic's weakness is their defence and if we get the ball into strikers feet then we might have hopefully a chance. we need the whole team but especially the ones that can make things happen (the mentioned players above) to be on top form.

great tester for blackie to really prove himself on sat which i hope he does.

Edited by CaleyP

-------------------------------Fraser---------------------------------

--------Proctor----------------Munro--------------Hastings----------

--------Tokely-----------------Black--------------Djebi-Zadi---------

--------Wilson-----------------Cowie----------------Imrie------------

-----------------------------Barrowman-------------------------------

Subs - Esson, Duff*, Vigurs, Rooney, Duncan, McBain, Brewster

If Barrowman and Proctor are out, I'd go for this:

------------------------------Fraser--------------------------------

-----------Duff---------------Munro--------------Hastings----------

---Tokely------Cowie---------Black--------Vigurs----------Wilson---

------------------Rooney-------------Imrie-------------------------