FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Is This The End For Zander?

Renegade

Whenever I've seen him play for the first team he's been very impressive, one of the best attacking players on the pitch on more than one occassion. What are we lacking at the moment? Skill, creativity, trickyness, pace, quality deliveries. He has all of that in spades and could be a huge player for us (no pun intended) if he were given the chance. That's the frustrating part, he seems to be getting condemned based on pre-suppositions about his physique rather than his performances on the pitch.

That is a very important statement

When was the last time anyone saw him play in an ICT shirt (not reserves)?

I suppose what needs to be taken into account is that Zander is still injured. Who knows? Mayb'e he will have some sort of future under Butch...although i doubt it somehow.

I am a friend of Florin Petre who plays is Romania a wide midfielder, he is tiny approx 5ft 4 inches and around 9 stone, he is still a Romanian international 50 caps and 5 goals, playing in Russia at the moment so it shows that size has not hampered him.

Edited by stevico1

I am a friend of Florin Petre who plays is Romania a wide midfielder, he is tiny 5ft 4 inches and around 9 stone, he is still a Romanian international 50 caps and 5 goals, playing in Russia at the moment so it shows that size has not hampered him.

Does he have any interest in playing in Scotland, Stevico?

I am a friend of Florin Petre who plays is Romania a wide midfielder, he is tiny 5ft 4 inches and around 9 stone, he is still a Romanian international 50 caps and 5 goals, playing in Russia at the moment so it shows that size has not hampered him.

Does he have any interest in playing in Scotland, Stevico?

He was until Marius told him about IHE :rotflmao: :thumb04:

Guest Muir-Jaggie

What team in russia does he play for???

FC Terek Grozny they are from Chechnya and are apparently owned by president of Chechnya , spending loads of dosh at moment and had a 2 million offer for Marius turned down

Edited by stevico1

FC Terek Grozny they are from Chechnya and are apparently owned by president of Chechnya , spending loads of dosh at moment and had a 2 million offer for Marius turned down

2 million! Jeez, that's about ?18.45, isn't it?

2 million! Jeez, that's about ?18.45, isn't it?

Sorry meant to say Euros

Why has this just become a discussion about players of 5'5 and under?

There is no doubt that there are many guys who have made it despite being small but who in theire right mind starts comparing Zander with Jimmy Johnstone! Bottom line is he does not have the football ability, end of. If he did, there would be a host of clubs trying to sign him during the transfer windows or a number of clubs higher up than Elgin wanting him on loan.

It could be that once again, all the guys involved in running football clubs haven't got a clue on how to judge a player and posters do. Size is not the issue, ability is. And before anyone asks, I have seen the wee man play on many occasions for the first team, the reserves and Elgin.

I for one would be sorry to see him go. I haven't seen him play often but when I have he has been fast on the ball and caused trouble on the wing. I know we need experienced players to see us through the next few difficult weeks however perhaps a wee injection of youthful enthusiasm might serve us well. And I don't mean Andy Barrowman - he's had more than ample opportunities!

In the right team and under the right manager I think, given a chance, Zander could prove a more than capable player at this level. Not sure if ICT or Butcher will offer him that opportunity as we seem to favour a larger more physical team, but that's down to circumstance and nothing to do with the lads ability.

He's at the stage where his next contract could make him or break him. Would love to see him here and being utilised in a setup that took advantage of his pace etc, but as I said above, not sure that would happen.....or if it is in his best interests to be here and not getting regular starts. If he does move then it needs to be somewhere he gets the chance to prove himself. That may mean a step backwards, but that might just be what he needs long term.

Hope it's not the end for Zander and ICT come the summer, but for the lads sake I would rather see him move on and get games than have him with us doing nothing.

• 4 months later...