FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Best Ever Team To Get Relegated

Yngwie

Not sure if this makes me feel better or worse. Worse, I think.

Number of points the bottom team ended up with.

2001 30 St Mirren

2002 21 St J

2003 28 Motherwell

2004 26 Partick

2005 33 Dundee

2006 18 Livi

2007 32 Dunfermline

2008 23 Gretna

2009 37 ICT

Just think.....the 4-0 hammering by Falkirk was pretty much the ONE result that ultimatley sealed our fate. I say that...as we should never be losing 4 goals to the second worst team in the league. And given that we went down coz of a goal difference of -2...i think that was THE game that did the damage

Edited by SMEE

the 4-0 dubbing and scottish cup defeat and league cup defeat to falkirk is why i wasnt confident about yesterday. Look what happened.

4-0 falkirk and 5-0 drubbing at rangers is what buggered our goal difference.

It took me until an hour or so after the game to realise we had been relegated on goal difference. I think that makes it worse. I'd rather have missed out by a point.

Just think.....the 4-0 hammering by Falkirk was pretty much the ONE result that ultimatley sealed our fate. I say that...as we should never be losing 4 goals to the second worst team in the league. And given that we went down coz of a goal difference of -2...i think that was THE game that did the damage

This was the game that ultimately cost us. We could have pretty much relegated Falkirk that day - had we won we would have been 10 points, I think, clear. Even a draw would have done, which was the problem. We went for the draw, and got turned over. Losing 4 goals was ridiculous.

We had two big games against Falkirk to seal survival. We needed 1 point from 6 and couldn't even manage that. We bottled it big time.

There hasn't been much said about the fact we went down on goal difference. -2 goals is so hard to take. I think you can look at all of the soft goals we conceded as to reasons we're now in div 1 not just 2 games. Although i know they had big factors.

Edited by jamieb

I was going to go that day to falkirk, but couldnt as my band got a last minute gig. i watched for the scores though.

Had i been at the game, i probably would have missed some of the best days out at away games...nothing would stop me going to see ICT..but this would be close i think.

This was the game that ultimately cost us. We could have pretty much relegated Falkirk that day - had we won we would have been 10 points, I think, clear. Even a draw would have done, which was the problem. We went for the draw, and got turned over. Losing 4 goals was ridiculous.

We had two big games against Falkirk to seal survival. We needed 1 point from 6 and couldn't even manage that. We bottled it big time.

Here, now you say it. ARRRRGHHRGRHH. we deserved to go down big time!! Im worried that we still have the same management team that oversaw that at Falkirk. Disgraceful. We should have been safe ages ago. Lost the last 2 games as well. We were ****, regardless of how many points we finished with.

I agree with TheKnowledge .

Did you know that Tery Butcher is Cockney rhyming slang for Tail Toucher ( homosexual ) !

I feel a moderator telling of coming because everything I find funny, is against the rules of this site.

How about this for a reason we went down. The goal St Mirren scored against us in Paisley recently might not have won them the game, but it may well have been the goal that relegated us ultimately. That proved to be a two goal swing in their favour.............enough to relegate us.

doh.

How about this for a reason we went down. The goal St Mirren scored against us in Paisley recently might not have won them the game, but it may well have been the goal that relegated us ultimately. That proved to be a two goal swing in their favour.............enough to relegate us.

doh.

Thats another good point as well. Just wished we had kept our bottle.

doh.

Thats another good point as well. Just wished we had kept our bottle.

Just wished that Djebi-Zadi had kept his balance a bit better :spam01:

Guest WynessLegend

In a strange league set-up which is neither fair nor balanced -

with an unequal number of home and away games against most clubs

it is very hard to take relegation by such a narrow margin.

It will be nice to be back in a proper league.

The Scottish Football League.