FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Foran and Rooney ?

Sanchez did score against Dundee (but I'd keep him in the hole anyway).

Rooney looked like he was running through sand yesterday and it only got worse after an hour, mind you the pitch was a bit heavy. I'd keep him in this week though.

Sanchez is an attacking midfielder, not a striker. And it benefited yesterday as he set 3 goals and was unlucky not to get one himself.

Rooney is a poacher and good finisher but is too slow to chase the ball when it gets punted up to him, however he is better than Barrowman so i would play him.

Foran plays well on the wing as he isn't afraid to take his man on but when he is in position he is our best finisher imo but for the benefit of his work on the wing i would stick him there.

Rooney is always going to cause defences problems with his presence and whether he scores or not he is going to help create space for attacking midfielders. You have to have that type of player in the side or everything becomes too predictable. Actually his strike rate is not bad considering how few starts he's had. I would be interested in knowing what his goals per 90 minutes are and to compare that with Barrowman.

Barrowman has had prolonged chances and has been unable to perform at a higher level. And whilst Eric showed a lot of promise in his few appearances last season, he is totally unproven. For me it is a no brainer that Rooney should be starting routinely with Eric getting a chance as a regular sub when he's fit. Barrowman to fill in as and when required.

Rooney scored a great goal yesterday but after that I thought he was back to his usual self. He is definetly lacking pace. If he was able to get himself a bit stronger I reckon he would play very well as a target man and holding up the ball. He showed signs yesterday of being able to do that well but most of the time I thought that the defenders were stronger than him

As for Foran I think we have to play him on the wing. When was the last time you heard of somebody score a hat trick from out wide. I think it was more the Ayr defenders could not cope with him. He was brilliant

Rooney does lack pace yes but how many times does he seem to get one and one with keepers? Fair enough he fluffs alot of them but work on his placement (as opposed to firing it straight at the keeper hoping he'll kindly get out of the way)

He is slow, but he moves well and looks for the correct areas to run to. There are plenty great strikers that lack pace.

2ndly, more often than not a defender is more powerful than the attacker bar a few tanks out there. But he could benefit from a few weight sessions. Work on his upper body strength. He's not quick so we dont really have to worry about him losing a yard of pace if he puts a little muscle on up top.

I dont like Foran as a striker. His ability to work his socks off is wasted as a striker when he can still score from out wide. In fact he seems to score more from left midfield than he does up front.

Sanchez seems like a decent 2nd striker. He is fair beginning to rack up the assists. If he's not scoring it is not a problem if he is creating for others instead.

Good to see Imrie back. He can be a tad ambitious and wasteful but he does have a useful spark about him and works hard as well.

This post has made a certain kris boyd spring to mind.

would rather a player who scores plenty like boyd than a player like miller who tries so hard but is about as good a finisher as andy barrowman because at the end of the day goals win you games.