FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Imrie

snowball3117

Paul Ritchie used to get slagged rotten by some of our fans because he didn't chase down every last ball but he still did what he had to and stuck the ball in the back of the net which didn't seem to be enough for some.

The first home game I attended was October 2008. First away game, March 2009 (Falkirk :010: ). Somehow I still got sucked in and have been at the majority of the games, home and away, since then. Clearly I've missed alot of Caley Thistle's great players and good times. Hopefully there'll be more of both in the future.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first home game I attended was October 2008. First away game, March 2009 (Falkirk :010: ). Somehow I still got sucked in and have been at the majority of the games, home and away, since then.

Clearly you are in need of medical intervention. Do you also burn yourself with cigarettes? Sad, very sad.

The first home game I attended was October 2008. First away game, March 2009 (Falkirk :010: ). Somehow I still got sucked in and have been at the majority of the games, home and away, since then.

Clearly you are in need of medical intervention.

mocking.gif

any word on if he is going or staying

Snowball. Go away please.

why ? i was only asking a simple question he doesnt want to be at caley and not alot of u have a good word to say about him. id take him to county so i shall stay about till something happens merry xmas and a happy new year to you to pal :P

• 2 weeks later...

After last night's performance I sincerely hope he stays put. He virtually won the game for us - not just with his superb goal - his effort and commitment could not be faulted and clearly inspired the whole team.

He may have an arrogant streak that hasn't endeared him to our entire support, but he's the kind of guy that wins you things. I would even go so far as to suggest if he stays here, he could and should be a future captain of ICT.

Imrie did very well last night, worked extremely hard for the team and scored a good goal. He was not impressed with some of the fans behind the goals though and stared out long and hard some of them after scoring. These are the guys who are good at the name calling. Leave it out guys, you are not doing anybody any favours with the abuse.

Imrie did very well last night, worked extremely hard for the team and scored a good goal. He was not impressed with some of the fans behind the goals though and stared out long and hard some of them after scoring. These are the guys who are good at the name calling. Leave it out guys, you are not doing anybody any favours with the abuse.

Was delighted for Imrie last night. Was disgusted with some elements in section G and had I been close enough to see who they were I would have had the stewards throw them out as their abusive language was totally unacceptable.

After last night's performance I sincerely hope he stays put. He virtually won the game for us - not just with his superb goal - his effort and commitment could not be faulted and clearly inspired the whole team.

He may have an arrogant streak that hasn't endeared him to our entire support, but he's the kind of guy that wins you things. I would even go so far as to suggest if he stays here, he could and should be a future captain of ICT.

Sorry??? Just because he played well in one game he should a future ICT captain?

Speaking to Dougie after the match last night he was still visibly fuming about the abuse he got from certain people in section G during the game

This are the same people who come on here week in week out saying we dont get behind the team enough and dont sing enough and make enough noise well after certain people's performance from section G last night i dont think they gained any fans

Rule, I sit in Section G, dont tar the section with that brush, it was a couple of lads not the section, Remember it was "The Main Stand" that TB told to GTF.. It was a couple of lads so stop pointing the finger at the whole section, I wasnt there, however it is also Section G that players while warming up will wave to too. so lets pin point exactly who it is haha!!

I remember this starting with the booing of Rory McAllister when he was at the club which i was disgusted at. I think its a disgrace booing any of our players. The booing or abuse which Imrie received last night was terrible, there is absolutely no place for it in football or at our club.

Imrie is without doubt an asset to the club, he can contribute greatly with his direct play, runs down the wing, set up play, free kicks and scoring the odd goal too. He may not be the finished article but is young and still realising his potential.

Fans who boo their own players should hang their heads in shame, it not only alienates the players but must have a big negative influence on their confidence.

Think how a future transfer target might view the club if he looks at the home support and finds out some of them boo or abuse their own players, even if it is a tiny minority, it is a trait the home support does not need or want!

Good on you Dougie, keep it up, please ignore the stupid actions of a few young 'fans'

Well said Libero.

Keep up the good work while you continue to play for ICT Dougie. Last nights performance from you was back to it's best, running down the wing, chasing lost causes, and general harrassment for the defenders and a goal to boot, keep it up.

Georgeios, where has anybody said it was all of section 'G'

Speaking to Dougie after the match last night he was still visibly fuming about the abuse he got from certain people in section G during the game

This are the same people who come on here week in week out saying we dont get behind the team enough and dont sing enough and make enough noise well after certain people's performance from section G last night i dont think they gained any fans

Rule, I sit in Section G, dont tar the section with that brush, it was a couple of lads not the section, Remember it was "The Main Stand" that TB told to GTF.. It was a couple of lads so stop pointing the finger at the whole section, I wasnt there, however it is also Section G that players while warming up will wave to too. so lets pin point exactly who it is haha!!

I am not saying everyone in section G, as my comment above shows

Did everyone just stand beside them while they started insulting one of our most valuable players? Just as culpable IMO...

I've stuck up for these lads on plenty of occasions even wrote an email to Mike Smith complaining about the heavy handed stewards to then hear this...

Barrowman, Zadi, Allison & now Imrie.. who next? Maybe Munro, Esson or Tokely have a few bad games do they deserve to be called c*nts?? sort it out ffs!!!

Do you think players don't talk or take notice of this sort of thing.. who is going to want to play infront of a crowd that insults them, when they've got the opposing fans doing the same thing??

You might not be personally responsible but if you are sitting beside one of these muppets then tell them to sort it out...

As usual about 2 or 3 boys were giving Imrie abuse and the whole of Section G gets the blame!! One boy in particular gave him abuse as he walked down for a pie as he warmed up. It was him who he eyeballed when he scored and quite rightly.

It was more than 2 or 3 people, I could hear the abuse very clearly so unless they were using microphones there was many more fans than that shouting at him

Did everyone just stand beside them while they started insulting one of our most valuable players? Just as culpable IMO...

I've stuck up for these lads on plenty of occasions even wrote an email to Mike Smith complaining about the heavy handed stewards to then hear this...

Barrowman, Zadi, Allison & now Imrie.. who next? Maybe Munro, Esson or Tokely have a few bad games do they deserve to be called c*nts?? sort it out ffs!!!

Do you think players don't talk or take notice of this sort of thing.. who is going to want to play infront of a crowd that insults them, when they've got the opposing fans doing the same thing??

You might not be personally responsible but if you are sitting beside one of these muppets then tell them to sort it out...

Here Here. Ive come to the conclusion that some people on this site are never happy. We beat a SPL side with a bit of flair for heaven sake. Ive been going to football matches for over 30 years now and have never heard players abused in the way they are being lately.Like Harry I also was not happy about the heavy handed stewarding sometimes but some folk seem to be getting out of hand. I understand it wasnt everyone in the section but agree with telling folk to sort it out.

right lets go through these one at a time

Barrowman - Cannot shoot on target to save his life. Came from County(so you can expect some flak there) who were 2nd division at the time and had a good start but then faded into obscurity and no wonder he gets flak(dont really want to say abuse) when hes on a big wage and came here with big expectations on his shoulders for which he hasnt delivered.

Djebi-Zadi - Ill admit im puzzled by the flak he got. Yes i have criticised him for that god awful game he had a while back but i wasnt one of the ones that was booed him everytime he touched the ball. Tht would be the idiots at the back of Section E.

Allison(and Ross aswell) - Only get some stick from fans because they are County fans playing for their local rivals. I bet you any money that Kenny Miller got a whole lot more abuse during his time at Celtic than what either of these two combined.

Imrie - im not going into this for 3rd time. Read the other two thread for my OPINION

Move onto the other one's now

Rooney - Might aswell bring him in because at the start of the season he was getting "pikey" abuse which was more a bit of banter from a few lads in Section G but no doubt that would have been blown out of proportion. He took it on the chin and that has fizzled out now.

Bulvitus - Even i gave him stick becaus the lad cant defend, only for me to eventually realise that he has been played out of position and that he is a RB not a CB. Although id rather have him up front as he seems to score a fair few.

Munro - Gets abuse pretty much every home game from all over the North Stand for his apparent inability to complete a 5 yard pass.

Esson, Hayes, Tokely, McBain - Probably the only players in the team that would not get a bad word said about any of them.

Nobody is saying that all our players are perfect and some of these things are perfectly ok to say especially on here but at the games we are "supporters" and hopefully can give a lift to our players on the park.I actually agree with some of your comments but would never boo our players on the park. With regard to Allison well just because the of do it doesnt make it acceptable.

Nobody is saying that all our players are perfect and some of these things are perfectly ok to say especially on here but at the games we are "supporters" and hopefully can give a lift to our players on the park.I actually agree with some of your comments but would never boo our players on the park. With regard to Allison well just because the of do it doesnt make it acceptable.

Im not trying to use the OF as an excuse just for comparison in terms of rivalry(not the religious side of it) im sure Dundee/Dundee United are the same, the manchester lot, the edinburgh two and the countless london rivalries that there are.

Barrowman - Cannot shoot on target to save his life. Came from County(so you can expect some flak there) who were 2nd division at the time and had a good start but then faded into obscurity and no wonder he gets flak(dont really want to say abuse) when hes on a big wage and came here with big expectations on his shoulders for which he hasnt delivered.

Djebi-Zadi - Ill admit im puzzled by the flak he got. Yes i have criticised him for that god awful game he had a while back but i wasnt one of the ones that was booed him everytime he touched the ball. Tht would be the idiots at the back of Section E.

Allison(and Ross aswell) - Only get some stick from fans because they are County fans playing for their local rivals. I bet you any money that Kenny Miller got a whole lot more abuse during his time at Celtic than what either of these two combined.

Imrie - im not going into this for 3rd time. Read the other two thread for my OPINION

Rooney - Might aswell bring him in because at the start of the season he was getting "pikey" abuse which was more a bit of banter from a few lads in Section G but no doubt that would have been blown out of proportion. He took it on the chin and that has fizzled out now.

Bulvitus - Even i gave him stick becaus the lad cant defend, only for me to eventually realise that he has been played out of position and that he is a RB not a CB. Although id rather have him up front as he seems to score a fair few.

Munro - Gets abuse pretty much every home game from all over the North Stand for his apparent inability to complete a 5 yard pass.

Esson, Hayes, Tokely, McBain - Probably the only players in the team that would not get a bad word said about any of them.

The above post and the behaviour that is associated is a prime example just why we sit where we do at present. Didn't make last night's game but old man and lady went along to enjoy "the best game they had seen in ages." Yet here we are with the same old song!

It becomes tiresome and is the ultimate consequence of those who promote the concept of the right to criticise. "I pay my money I can say what I want" - this is where it ends. A "supporter" (how can you possibly claim to be a supporter?) with a list of four players who are exempt from abuse!!!!

This nonsense has got stop and, as Harry quite rightly points out, we have to stop it.

So he's been caak... and yes he's taking up too much of a wage but it's not just flack. Away to Falkirk last season one of the famous section G boys decided to try and start a scrap with him from the front of the stand while he was warming up. I ended up telling the boy to keep his f*cking mouth shut... too far

Bollox... one of the few home games I've made it to this season and I was sitting infront of you lot

Again bollox, get your facts right. This was because one of your lot was apparently started on when they were on holiday by Kyle and for the fact that you all seem to have different reasons it makes the holiday incident hard to believe. Half our players have played for County at somepoint so this is also a shocking reason to start berrating any of them.. especially the specific abuse Kyle received.

Does he deserve to be called a c*nt from the stands (in amongst the safety of all your peeps) just because you don't think he is a good player or you think we should sell him.

Have you played football? Could you put yourself in their shoes.. yes they are paid to play football (dream job for most) but do you think insults from your own fans are going to help anyones performance... if it was me I'd look for a club where the fans actually appreciated my contribution, no?

I remember this starting with the booing of Rory McAllister when he was at the club which i was disgusted at. I think its a disgrace booing any of our players. The booing or abuse which Imrie received last night was terrible, there is absolutely no place for it in football or at our club.

Maybe from the North Stand but Paul Ritchie used to get dogs abuse from the main stand, mainly from a few older guys behind us. It got so ridiculous that eventually myself, Calum and Big Stew started applauding him and cheering him when he got things right (more often than he got them wrong) ... in the end it shut these old chaps up !!!

Fans who boo their own players should hang their heads in shame, it not only alienates the players but must have a big negative influence on their confidence.

:( :) :clapping03: - totally agree. Whether you like them or not, while they are in an ICT shirt and you are an ICT supporter, you support them not abuse them. Nothing wrong with getting frustrated if they have a bad game or do something stupid but the systemic and systematic abuse that some players seem to be generating is bang out of order.

Here Here. Ive come to the conclusion that some people on this site are never happy. We beat a SPL side with a bit of flair for heaven sake. Ive been going to football matches for over 30 years now and have never heard players abused in the way they are being lately.Like Harry I also was not happy about the heavy handed stewarding sometimes but some folk seem to be getting out of hand. I understand it wasnt everyone in the section but agree with telling folk to sort it out.

Please distinguish between "this site" and abuse handed out at the match. Whilst there can be dodgy and unwarranted posts on here from a minority of posters, I very much doubt that the people in question were typing abuse on the site then holding up their laptops to show the abuse to the players in the stadium so this site has nothing to do with their actions !!! We are talking about the actions of people at the match here and reading this thread I seem to see many more who are annoyed or disgusted at the actions of the minority than those backing it.

Barrowman - Cannot shoot on target to save his life. Came from County(so you can expect some flak there)

Yeah, flak from the COUNTY fans, not from his current club.

Abuse from the Rangers fans whilst at Celtic and vice versa.

I despair :(