FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Snowman Rally 2010

Jay_7

Anyone know where the stages will be this weekend, seems to be very little info in the press.

First car leaves The Thistle Hotel at 9am.

Stage 1 - Daviot.

Stage 2 - Mulbuie (Black Isle)

Stage 3 - Near Strathpeffer.

Stages 4 and 5 - Tain.

First cars expected back at The Thistle Hotel around 3:50.

So it seems Mannie's detective work is spot on.

I am aware that the organisers will want to sell as many programmes as possible, but I wouldn't imagine this information is classified. Otherwise how would an expected 20,000 spectators know where to go? I was certainly given it very freely earlier this evening.

Interestingly 13 of the top 16 seeds among 123 entries are Mitsubishis this year and the top seed Reay MacKay of Fort Augustus has actually switched from a Metro to a Mitsubishi since he won last year's event.

Here's a largely unrelated thought.

Citadel Inn - CLOSED

Clachnacuddin Social Club - CLOSED EXCEPT FOR SPECIAL EVENTS.

Caledonian Hotel - NO LONGER EXISTS. NOW THE RAMADA JARVIS.

Thistle Hotel - THE NAME LIVES ON! :lol:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

subaru :021:

Yes, it's interesting that despite 13 of the top 16 seeds being Mitsubishis, Subarus took the top two places and four of the top 8 places. I'm not long back from the Thistle Hotel where I was doing a couple of interviews. Jock Armstrong was really pleased with his drive. He won all five stages today, having finished third overall last time in what was his first Snowman for 20 years. Andy Horne was also pleased with his effort for 5th place and was reminding me that this was only the 2nd time in 12 outings that he's finished the Snowman. The stages were, predictably, very icy. Seems to have been a very good day overall.

Mind you, Snowman day also has its hilarious side. What's the first thing I see when I go into Tesco's car park before 9am this morning? Two separate wee neds in beaten up old bangers with the obligatory aerofoil, ***** substitutes roaring, zooming round the place like there was no tomorrow. It happens every year! Out come the wannabes in their dozens.

EDIT - the filtering system on this site appears to replace the correct medical and anatomical term for the male genital member with *s. :ohmy:

Edited by Charles Bannerman

Thought I'd share a couple of my photo's with you all:

Car 15 (Morrison) on SS1 Meall Mor

post-1923-1266862845_thumb.jpg

Car 23 (Ronaldson) on SS1 Meall Mor

post-1923-1266862514_thumb.jpg

Car 2 (Armstrong) on SS4 Strathrory

post-1923-1266863075_thumb.jpg

Car 34 (Fairburn) on SS4 Strathrory

post-1923-1266863322_thumb.jpg

If anyone has any picture requests, I caught just about every car that came through SS1 and the few cars that made it through SS4 - just give me a shout.

Edited by Jay_7