FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Innes Bar - Cheers Colin

tm4tj

Colin was always a great character in the Innes and he as well as Scooby frequently went that extra mile for many of us (quite literally in Scooby's case). He is a true gent whose presence as the landlord, and extreme generosity and humility as a person will be sorely missed as the patriarch of the bar. I wish him well in his retirement and hope it gives him loads of time to indulge in his passion for classic cars rather than the health issues that have cropped up in recent years.

I will continue to treasure the personalised bottle of whisky (unopened) that he presented myself and Christe with on one of my trips home, and the Innes Bar Supporters Club embroidered banner he gave me on another trip which hangs proudly on my wall at home.

I dont know the new man in charge, but I wish him well too ... He has a hard act to follow and high standards to meet, but if he can be half the man that Colin is, he will be doing well.

As alluded to in the article, there are a few reasons why the "Caley Inn Crew" moved from one side of the town to the other and Big Stew's new house was only part of it ... Another part of it was the personality of "mine host" and when Don and Bridgit left the Caley Inn we were lucky to find another good host in Colin.

My first memory of Colin was many many years ago when I was just a nipper and he worked, along with my old man, for John MacDonnell of Spean Bridge. Colin was laying turf and building dykes on the, then new, Roy Bridge to Spean Bridge road and he would let me ride on the trailer of the tractor they used to ferry the turf from a field at Kinchillie Motel. A nicer man you couldn't meet. Enjoy the rest of your days Colin.

The new proprietor appears tobe doing things to increase the clientelle and its probably all good but............................................................how the hell do we get to the stadium now Richard?

Alex... nothing stays the same, things change, some for the better some worse, looks like taxi's might be the only way because i dont think walking down after a few beers etc would be appropriate.

Anyway i'm looking forward to saturday and a chance for the team to show what they can do, and a few beers... you up for the game?

Yes, many happy hours spent at the Innes before and after the game.

The two memories that spring to mind are the the relegation wake where despite our disappointment it was very clear that life would go on and Caley Thistle were not dead. Also, remember returning there after the 1-0 win against Celtic in the Cup to find it shut (not sure what Colin was thinking about really)but we all somehow managed to get in for a wee celebration.

Looking forward to my first visit of 2011-12 on Saturday.

Best memory was after we beat St Johnstone to win the 1st Division. Everyone was on a high, and just when you thought things couldn't get any better, a TV news crew turned up and filmed us singing "Are you watching Ross County...?" I still have it on video somewhere.

All the best Colin . What a legendary venue the Innes became! I hope that all the friends I have met there continue to patronise the place under new ownership. We are not a difficult bunch to manage.................and so we move on again

I've had many great times in the Innes. Even after a heavy defeat I've come out of there with a smile on my face. Best wishes to Colin from all the Gringo clan and we hope you have a very relaxing and healthy retirement.

I am looking forward to the new era in the Innes and hope that new management team continue the good work done by Colin.

I've gone in a couple of times since the new folk have taken over. Seems good. The place was quite busy tbh and hopefully they'll do food pre - and post match. If they do get sky in that will be ideal. Just hope they're not going to change the decor too much. I like the 1970s Rovers Return look.