FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The upgraded site - positive feedback!

Charles Bannerman

Maybe this is the wrong place to post this and maybe it's been discussed elsewhere, but I feel I have to say how much better the site is following the upgrade which seemed to take place a week or two ago.

It's fairly widely known among longer serving posters on here that I am no computer expert but the first thing I've noticed is that operating the site, which seemed to have become quite slow, has become a great deal quicker and more efficient.

I also like the improved impact of the colour scheme and it in addition seems to be easier to go directly to making a reply right down at the bottom of any thread.

• Agree 2

It was a shock at first but soon got used to it.

I'd certainly appreciate different themes to reduce screen glare but overall it looks good.

That may come in time - the initial theme is a long process, but creating one that involves just a simple colour change is not a huge undertaking. remind us about it in 2 or 3 months if it doesnt appear !!!!!

I did however re-enable the default theme for now .... go to the very bottom of the page on the bottom left. there is (now) an option there to change theme from CTO to default.

That may come in time - the initial theme is a long process, but creating one that involves just a simple colour change is not a huge undertaking. remind us about it in 2 or 3 months if it doesnt appear !!!!!

I did however re-enable the default theme for now .... go to the very bottom of the page on the bottom left. there is (now) an option there to change theme from CTO to default.

Excellent, cheers Scotty & CaleyD

Speed of downloading is definitely improved as C. Bannerman said.

Scotty and Caley D, you do try very hard to be responsive to the constructive comments of members. :salute:

The site looks crisp and sharp and, yes, really modern. Frankly it looks very professional indeed. Briliant.

What also delighted me this time around was that the text is much larger and easier to read. I am now visually impaired and can hardly see anything with my right eye--blurred images only and cannot read any text -- and this has helped me greatly.

The size of this reply box is now much wider which also is great for me and it allows what you have written to be more easily read and assessed for error correction purposes. I think that these changes are very thoughtful and necessary in this day and age because of the increasing number of baby boomers about to retire and afflicted, or about to be afflicted, with vision problems. So that "Accessibility" seems to be the developing new buzz-word of this era.

I became a volunteer with the Canadian NationaI Institute for the Blind in a project which was aimed at getting the Federal Government to grant up to $7,000,000 for assistance with deveoping one central library for the blind in Canada instead of every Municipalityhaving their own individual libraries all with varying degrees of accessibility. Each of us had to study statistics and volumes of information on the subject of the number of people developing blindness from various diseases, prepare a submission to our local Federal M.P. then get an interview with him and ultimately we were successful in getting the funds .We put up such a powerful case that the Feds just threw their arms up in the air, begged us to stop pestering them and granted us the money.My whole point here is that the increasing number of seniors becoming disabled in the eye department was shocking. Upwards of one million this year in Canada alone.

Is it possible to introduce a spell checker function in the box in which we post our contributions to the threads.?

My typing results, because of the above disability, are now repeatedly freakish and going back over every word to correct the individual errors requires a lot of time. The use of a spell checker with, hopefully, an instant red underlined function for immediate correction would be fantastic.

Which part of my last post was unclear ????

Please take the off topic stuff to PMs or to the complaints system and away from this thread. Thank You.

Further off topic postings will be deleted.