FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Choice of keeper on Wednesday

ICTRoughi

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be goalkeeper on Wednesday night?

Eason will be eager to re establish himself, so will be out to regain his place. Rugero although steady has let stepped in well, but Ryan is the number 1. Training this week will help decide. If we had kept a clean sheet today, Rugero would have been safe. All to play for, continuity or consistency.

This is another interesting "dilemna" for TB and the outcome will be interesting as well - and this time TB is in a "no win" position as there are clear arguments for and against both keepers. Personally I would just go fer Esson because he has been in the Castle Greyskull cauldron before and I expect that it will be more stoked up and "hotter" than ever before. I suspect that Reguero may serve to stoke the fires but Esson's experience outweighs the potential fer reguero to distract or be distracted by the Sevco support.

• Agree 2

Very unsure about this. Esson is experienced but Reguero has been between the sticks during our best run of form. As Lukey Luke pointed out Esson has been below par this season so for the sake of continuity id have to go with Reguero.

Reguero for me. He hasn't done anything wrong it wouldn't be right for Esson just to walk in again. He needs to fight for his place

How is Esson able to 'fight' for his place? There arn't enough games that he can play in for him to impress TB. For me I'd have him back in for Ibrox. I know Reguero has not done much wrong in the past few weeks, but Esson is the no. 1 and has done little wrong in the last two or three years!

• Agree 1

Esson was somewhat shakey in the games I've seen this year - not the same confident Esson of last year. Reguero has really impressed since he has come in and to my mind deserves the chance.

It may just be coincidence with the back 4 gelling at the same time as Reguero has come in, but I just get the sense that there is better communication from him, and his central defenders in particular have more confidence in him. Even when Esson is playing well and makes good saves and is commanding on crosses, a weakness in his game is that he is not vocal enough. The keeper has a good view of what's in front of him and needs to keep his defence aware - I never feel that Esson does that enough.

Reguero has done nothing wrong and for deserves a decent run in the side to give him the opportunity to prove whether or not he is better than Esson.

Reguero --gut feel really.

If he has a future with ICT he has to be able to perform at the likes of Ibrox.

And Esson might not be as tuned -up as we think .Either one --best of luck.

A win here will chuff everybody to bits, especially the keeper who is selected on the night.

I have the feeling that Reguero is enjoying his stay at Invernesss with Caley Thistle and could have great run for the team --even for years if he does well. Breath of fresh Spanish air to boot..

Isn't that right Charles? :wink: