FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Black a liability

EWS

Ok guys what do you care more about? Another loss or a renegade player who today lossed it after the game was lost, i agree whole heartedly with what is said about Black but on the other hand flair players always seem to have an edge, seems to go hand in hand im afraid.

If his performances this season were up to scratch then maybe he wouldn't be getting as hard a time for his petulant attitude... truth is he has been a shadow of the player who firt appeared in an ICT shirt.  He truely lacks control at the moment and not just his behaviour but also his positioning during a game.  Don't get me wrong he has a lot of potential but at the moment he is proving to be more of a liability not to mention the effect he must be having on the rest of the players...

not happy  :008:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've no idea what the answer to Blackies problems are, but I'd hate to see us lose such a talented youngster because of his inability to control his temper.

For the first few months of this season I thought he was a shadow of the player we saw last season, but over the last couple of months he's been back to his excellent best IMO. However, I appreciate that their's a serious problem when a manager has to sub a player before he inevitably gets himself sent off.....Dunfermline last week.

What's annoying is that last year we were all moaning that he was getting silly bookings because of his inabilty to time his tackles correctly. This season he seems to be picking up cards for the most stupid reasons...kicking the ball away, backchat etc.

I wasn't there today so can't comment on what happened, but if there's any case for even the slightest bit of defence then I do think his reputation has earned him SOME cards that others would've got away with.  Most have been deserved but some have been very harsh.

Like I said, I don't know what the answer is, but surely it's not a problem that is beyond resolving.

Maybe CC should give Mr Ferguson a call and ask his advice....

For the record he never crocked the boy against Motherwell, the guy was booked for the challenge on Black in which he injured himself.

OK fair enough he wasn't directly responsible, but he was still involved that cannot be denied.

The point is though everywhere there is trouble at the moment on the pitch with Inverness, he seems to be at the centre of it, He couldn't control himself against Dunfermline, He cant control himself today.

Even Lennon looks a saint compared to Black at the moment :008:

I'm with you here DavieB.

It would be a great shame to lose such a promising talent. Surely something can be done.

Talent like Blackie doesn't come along too often. I'm just hoping C.C. can work a bit of man management on the wee b u g g e r and sort him out.

I assume C.C. will make him watch the St.Mirren game and no' let him head for Edinburgh for New Year !

wig, you can't blame Black, he was the innocent party, the guy crocked himself fouling Black as he broke over the half way line.  Strewth.

However, he does have the ability to attract the referees attention at the wrong times for the wrong reasons, which is a pity considering the footballing skills he possesses.

From a psychological viewpoint Black has not been managed properly. He has class but has not learned how to channel that anger. It would appear that he has been chastised for over zealous tackles - that should be channelled. He has a load of adrenalone and frustration building up in a game and if he cannot release it in agreesion he blows at petty things. He must have been so frustrated with the defending today. CC and some players ahave avoided the flak due to the focus being on Black.  :020: :020:

Fair RIG and themann4thejob , as i wrote in my reply to mantis, ok he wasnt directly involved but he was part of the reason, as with all the other stuff i said too.

Ill take back what i said about Black being fully responsible, i am just like eveybody else very dissapointed with todays result and angry that black yet again did something stupid.

From a psychological viewpoint Black has not been managed properly. He has class but has not learned how to channel that anger. It would appear that he has been chastised for over zealous tackles - that should be channelled. He has a load of adrenalone and frustration building up in a game and if he cannot release it in agreesion he blows at petty things. He must have been so frustrated with the defending today. CC and some players ahave avoided the flak due to the focus being on Black.  :020: :020:

CC isn't out on the pitch... Black is ultimately responsible for his own actions

Aye, everybody else is responsible for the idiocy of the infant!

IHE, you don't need to like your boss, just respect him or her.

I just could not believe what he did on Wednesday to encourage the referee to caution him. To follow that up with today's antics leaves me wondering what is in his head.

It seems to me that he may well be the most vacuous this side of MDeB or perhaps has got some ill conceived burning will to win.

One thing is for sure, this nyaff (Scotty, concise description) is "utterly useless" to us as he is.

Thank goodness for the flowering of JR!

With regret, I do agree with the thread title.

How many warnings does it take for Black to get the message about his lack discipline.  CC has been tolerant to the extreme with Ian and has made it clear on numerou occasions that the boookings cannot continue.  Unfortunately, this has been totally disregarded by Black.

My low opinion of Black has not changed this season and I wish we had sold him when decent cash was on the table.  He has done little on the park this season and is vastly overated. 

What he needs is a good boot up the jacksy.  He struts about the pitch like he owns the things, looks in honest amazement when the referee has the audacity to chastise/book him for being an on the field Ned, obviously has very little respect for the badge given his antics against Dunfermline and now, just because we go 3 goals down he can't be ersed playing any more so gets himself red carded.

Can't recall if ICT have ever fined a player, but if ever their was a justifiable case, then this is it.