News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\

Graeme Shinnie

Alex MacLeod

Just realised that Graeme made his 100'th start against Motherwell. He has come of the bench 3 times and scored 2 goals. He's also collected 19 yellow cards. His goals came in 2-1 win over Killie 27th Aug 2011 and last seasons league cup win over Rangers.

For such a 'cavalier' attacking full back, I would've expected more goals than one from open play and a penalty. Maybe it's because he's grabbed a few goals in pre-seasons over the years that I'm thinking he should have more than 2.

Given that Scotlands only real Left back plys his trae in Scotlands League 1 then I dont see why a shout in one of the soon dead rubber games would be out of the question. He's probably the most on form LB in Scottish football right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Worst thing is a Rangers former school associate of mine tried to say Lee Wallaces inclusion was more than justified. I was like, did he score? no. Set up the winner? no. I then pointed out that in a 10 minute cameo his only real contribution was to make a terrible headed clearance under no pressure straight to a Moldovan player, and then they scored the equaliser. To which I was then called up on my apparent anti Rangers agenda.

Totally justified inclusion though. Aye.

I said some time back that Scotland should not select lower league players, they are not and cannot be sharp enough to fit in at international level.

Graeme Shinnie is a better option now, even though he could use just a little more experience, certainly a place in a couple of friendlies would bring him up to the required strength.

The way he is performing now, surely, cannot be ignored for much longer. Had he been the product of O F he would already be sitting on the Scotland bench.

I noticed somewhere that TB had already put him forward along with Nick Ross for consideration. Nick however imo still needs a bit of nursing but Graeme definitely.

I don't know, Renegade. The disciplinary procedure isn't very transparent and seems to be quite complex. He's only had 3 bookings this season but that's the same as Raven.

I used to think the bookings/sendings off 'points' total ran over a 2 season cycle, but there's not much info that I can find!

Worst thing is a Rangers former school associate of mine tried to say Lee Wallaces inclusion was more than justified. I was like, did he score? no. Set up the winner? no. I then pointed out that in a 10 minute cameo his only real contribution was to make a terrible headed clearance under no pressure straight to a Moldovan player, and then they scored the equaliser. To which I was then called up on my apparent anti Rangers agenda.

Totally justified inclusion though. Aye.

You can't win.  It's pointless even trying to talk sense to these head-in-the-sand, blinkered crazies.

:frustrated01:

Regarding our Graeme, I do feel a place in the squad would be merited although having been to a lot of Scotland games (poor me!) I think Paul Dixon staked a good claim to make that position his own when he got the opportunity and that's the big thing - making that opportunity count.  I feel Dixon did that and was one of the very few plus points under Craig Latrine but Gordon Strachan doesn't seem to agree it would appear.  Both are better than Wallace IMO.