FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

A year o' Charlie

Stevie

Just dawned on me that C.C. has been in the job for a year now (2 weeks over to be precise)

Personally I've always been pro-Christie , I thought he was the right appointment and nothing has happened since to make me change my mind.

I've just had a wee look at the soccerbase stats site and even I didn't realise just what a superb record the man has in competitive matches :-

Played 50....won20.....drew15.....lost15......

Well done Charlie Christie !

He takes plenty of flak when we go through rough patches (as all teams do) but it goes quieter when things are going well.

It does indeed go quiet on here when things are going well.  BTW where are Bonzo and Midge these days  :024:

CC deserves a pat on the back for the good job he is doing.  He has been on a steep learning curve but the team is playing well and if the form of the recent weeks is maintained, a top 6 finish could well be achieved

It does indeed go quiet on here when things are going well.  BTW where are Bonzo and Midge these days  :024:

CC deserves a pat on the back for the good job he is doing.  He has been on a steep learning curve but the team is playing well and if the form of the recent weeks is maintained, a top 6 finish could well be achieved

Bonzo's right here.

Charlie is a decent coach and the Team are doing well.

My fear is that his profile is too low to lure any players Northwards to play for ICT - as time moves on and we lose more players (Dods, Dargo .....) we will suffer if he is unable to bring similar talent in.

We have exhausted the pool of talent from Ross County and need to look elsewhere.

If, in the summer, Christie can bring in a quality goalkeeper, central defender and striker I will be very impressed - and will give him my full backing.

If not, my view will remain unchanged.

Thanks for asking for me though!

Bonzo's right here.

Charlie is a decent coach and the Team are doing well.

My fear is that his profile is too low to lure any players Northwards to play for ICT - as time moves on and we lose more players (Dods, Dargo .....) we will suffer if he is unable to bring similar talent in.

We have exhausted the pool of talent from Ross County and need to look elsewhere.

If, in the summer, Christie can bring in a quality goalkeeper, central defender and striker I will be very impressed - and will give him my full backing.

If not, my view will remain unchanged.

Thanks for asking for me though!

Is that the best you can do?? How about, I was wrong to criticise CC's appointment before giving him the chance he deseserves... I will in future hold my tongue before spouting pish and show the team some support rather than doubting the ability of 1 or more members of the squad.

.... no need for a keeper, Fraser is up to the task!!

Guest Suspicious Mind

Charlie, Parky, Doc et al have performed exceptionally well in their first year as a team. Testing times lie ahead, but they will be no more challenging that what they've been through to date.

The negative heads need to do a result against resource analysis. On this basis, we are the most successful team in the country. Well done CC  :025:

CC is rapidly gaining a fine reputation for being a first class coach....   :022:

Bonzo : Do you personally know of anyone who has turned down a move to Inverness, because of "his low profile"...?  :024:

A coaching/management career has to start somewhere...  I'm old enough to remember Don's fans complaining bitterly when Alex Ferguson was appointed boss after being sacked by St Mirren.....  :023:

Fine job so far and if he continues to improve things can only get better.

Only comment is his use of the "for a clubour size" line - he talks about fining players for this and that, I think the players should be fining him every time he comes out with that line.  :001:

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

Drop the ticket prices, get the word out - and THEN see what kind of crowds we get.

It only costs a fiver to watch top flight football in France or Germany - not sure about Italy and Spain (probably similar) so why so much to watch an SPL match?

As soon as you start to attract working class fans, then it'll become a mainstream social thing to go to the Caley games.

Bit fed up of fans around the country praising Morton fans...............it was a local derby ffs, they hardly had to cross the road for this one, lets see if they have three thousand in Inverness. Come to think of it, the stadium is not big enough. :017:

Morton - St Mirren would be a local derby....

It doesn't surprise me that only a few hundred come up here from the likes of Falkirk or Dunfermline.... Just p1sses me off that there are more OF supporters in Sneck than Caley fans.... That is never more evident than when the OF are playing here..... :020: :020: