Kelty/ Is this a joke - merged thread

This looks very like a f***k you decision made by Morrison and all his cronies. This is not a football decision there must be more to it than that.

Scandalous they can even contemplate that this idea 

No more Ryan Christie's , Polworths, Hastings etc only the dregs of the central belt.

• Well Said 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

We’ve clearly already signed a contract with Kelty, so even if the decision somehow gets reversed I presume we’d still have to pay for their facilities for however many years we got commitment for.

Is the only way out administration?

Might be best that it happens now so that there's a clear out of the boardroom? Then the rumoured Savage/MacGillivray potential investment can come in afterwards and resurrect the club?🤞

• Thoughtful 1

What an utter disgrace.

How many years were spent trying to get a team from Inverness into the League? Then these morons come along and with one signature take football in the highlands back to the Stone Ages.

Embarrassed is an under statement. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

The reason why they are moving is to attempt to attract talent that won’t move to Inverness.

Thats the reason. They’ve been quite clear on that. I don’t agree with it, you don’t agree with it, clearly a lot of people don’t agree with it. But it’s a very clear reason why they are doing this.

Their reason is bollocks and only serves to further deteriorate the relationship / connection between the club and the city of Inverness as well as further alienating supporters at a crucial time with season tickets up for renewal.

As i said we managed for years without having to do this. Why now?

• Agree 5

1 minute ago, RednBlackComeback said:

Is the only way out administration?

No, because you have to settle all your football creditors first. Same reason why we can’t avoid paying off Ferguson!

• Thank You 1

In his very belated statement to fans regarding our relegation, the Chairman said "Your commitment to the Club is an inspiration and one of the foundations that will support us going forward."  

If there was even a scrap of sincerity in that statement, he would have sounded out how fans would react to such an idea.  The incompetence of the leadership in this club is truly breathtaking.

• Agree 5
  • Well Said 1

This could be the final nail in the coffin. 20 years season ticket can’t see myself and my son renewing now. This stinks of a Gardiner move. 
We started in division 3 all the way up to premier league and for the last 30 years have managed. This isn’t about anything other than the fact the useless shower who have been in charge have dragged us down to this. If we managed before we should be able to manage now. I feel totally deflated coming home from work and reading all this 🥲

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

14 minutes ago, RiG said:

Their reason is bollocks and only serves to further deteriorate the relationship / connection between the club and the city of Inverness as well as further alienating supporters at a crucial time with season tickets up for renewal.

As i said we managed for years without having to do this. Why now?

Yep.

We are basically a diddy Anzhi Makhachkala now

I think it is fair to say that, whilst the Board would know this wouldn’t be a popular move, they underestimated the strength of feeling about it and probably thought that people wouldn’t really care much where the players train as it doesn’t affect the fans.

2 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

as it doesn’t affect the fans.

Correct, it really has no impact and nothing to do with fans at all, but if this was proposed under any other regime its hard to sense there out be so many tears. The current cohort are unpopular so I think we are reaching the point that no matter what they do people want to get upset by it.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 2

26 minutes ago, EvilWhiteStripe said:

The reason why they are moving is to attempt to attract talent that won’t move to Inverness.

Thats the reason. They’ve been quite clear on that. I don’t agree with it, you don’t agree with it, clearly a lot of people don’t agree with it. But it’s a very clear reason why they are doing this.

If they wont move to Inverness, then they should not play for Inverness. I don't care where they are from, local, Scotland, England, anywhere else, but the minimum requirement to play for Inverness is a commitment to live and/or work in the local community. 

25 minutes ago, Alan said:

I still can't believe what I have just read from the chairman. Is he living in different world from the rest of us? I have been a season ticket holder for many years but if this farcical situation is allowed to go ahead then I will definitely not be renewing

Sounds more like the wording of our CEO not our chairman. 

• Like 4

Forget astro turfs. Forget attracting players. Forget commute times. What this move from the board says loud and clear is 'Inverness isn't a good place to live.' This message is damning to our supporters who put in more miles than any other in the championship last season. More financial commitment and more time commitment. We deserve to be treated as a COMMUNITY. More so than any other team. I'm aware of the troubles managers have had in the past, as we had around the turn of the century the last time.we were in this division, except with a lot more optimism for being in it. Success for a football team in scotland isn't judged on how many trophies you win. That is reserved for only two teams. Success for a football team in scotland looks like this;

1 - A strong, vibrant fan base who feel a part of the club, who ARE the club, involved in the care taking of that club. moving the club forward hand in hand with positive momentum. 

2 - The potential for European football to get excited about, and boost the clubs coffers.

This move signals a complete lack of care of what it means to be a community football club, for the basic reason is that it is no longer a community football club. There is no hand in hand positive momentum, I can't be the only one who feels so much bad towards the current regime that I'd like to see us, almost, on the brink of judgement Day. just so it would see Messrs Morrison, Ferguson and firstly Gardiner forcibly removed from this club and dropped off on the hard shoulder on the A9 down to Kelty. The ONLY way I can see through this, is if we stick together. BACK THE TRUST. And fight through this. Remembering that we were here before These clowns in charge, and we will be here long after, when they are a conversation piece about the darkest days of our proud clubs history, and how we overcame them as a united front.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 4

7 minutes ago, Bridge and a Castle said:

What this move from the board says loud and clear is 'Inverness isn't a good place to live.'

Steady on, nobody is saying anything remotely like that! 

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Correct, it really has no impact and nothing to do with fans at all, but if this was proposed under any other regime its hard to sense there out be so many tears. The current cohort are unpopular so I think we are reaching the point that no matter what they do people want to get upset by it.

It affects me.  What am I being asked to support now?  Just a collection of lads who turn up to play 90 minutes in Inverness every other week, never to be seen otherwise?  That's not a football club.  A football club should be embedded in the community.  It should represent the city.  If players aren't even based here, what's the point?  I wonder if the Courier and P&J will give up on player interviews, etc?  Leave it the Dunfermline Herald or something...

• Well Said 4

1 hour ago, ictchris said:

What does this mean for our youth academy?  Lots of hints that this was going, is it?

What does it mean for the Hub at the IRA that we are apparently part of?  Is that offski?

I think that this will fall apart and the club will go into administration this close season to be honest.

The club as such had near nothing to do with the Hub, in reality it's the ICT Community Trust and Inverness Athletic who are driving it. I would think it should have no direct impact. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Not sure how the plan works for those settled in Inverness, hoping they get relocation and arent just jettisoned. The opportunity to have a larger pool of talent at better cost base is logical and hopefully it is done right.

Not sure the proposal of giving money to competitors is great or that we spent money on facilities in Inverness that we dont and have no plans to use, but its maybe going to work out.

Having the team train locally doesnt actually make any difference at all. 

What facilities locally have we spent money on? 

22 minutes ago, Scotty said:

If they wont move to Inverness, then they should not play for Inverness. I don't care where they are from, local, Scotland, England, anywhere else, but the minimum requirement to play for Inverness is a commitment to live and/or work in the local community. 

We've had quite a few players who didn't move to Inverness over the years.  It's not a requirement.  Extending this to the whole footballing operation is the issue.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IcyT said:

It affects me.

You havent listed a single reason how or why you consider it affects you - just why you are annoyed?

A modern football club is a place players come to play, that doesnt change. Just because wont see Billy wandering in Tesco or Ridgers filling his car up with petrol doesnt change a thing come 3pm on a Saturday. Acting offended because the club is looking to recruit from outwith (which we normally do) and mitigate costs associated with relocation seems odd. There is a question around those already rooted locally but given where we are there are very few signed up next year with a permanent base in the Inverness area so that the only part that is unclear and being concerned by.

ICT as a club stopped being embedded in the community or representing the city as soon as we started signing players from outwith the HL or local area and that isnt from this regimes watch. Suggesting its ok to recruit and fill our team with nobody players from elsewhere when its successful but not when we are struggling is hypocritical. 

• Like 2

I remember there was a bit of an uproar a few years back as County were signing players who refused to relocate...its so much better now-they all live in inverness, pushing up house prices with Roys big wages🤣

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

There are so many knock on effects/unanswered questions/unintended consequences

• What player looks at this scenario and thinks, "That's the club for me" (and reliance on loan players is what caused this mess, so no benefit there).  Sends the message of being inferior.
  • What happens when there is adverse weather in Inverness for a 'home' game, and a ground inspection in the morning?  Will there be a desire from the 'home' side to travel?
  • Every game will be an away game, for the players and coaching staff
  • In cup games, the players will be crossing fingers for an 'away' tie (hardly the mindset) and eventually come to resent the trips to Inverness
  • Kelty will be able to know everything about the club, the players, the tactics
  • What happens if Kelty have more injuries, or their manager suddenly doubles training sessions - will ICT be sidelined?
  • What happens when there are postponements, call offs, replays, bad weather, etc - who gets priority for the best facilities when there's clashes?
  • Any goodwill for the 'battery farm' idea is finished - the argument is lost in terms of "community".
  • All the coaches, physios, and other auxiliary staff related to players will (likely) need to be based in central belt - will there be any need for full-time staff at the stadium (or will they share Kelty's staff?)
  • Given the planning 'issues', how well thought through is the contractual agreement- what happens if Kelty terminate the agreement?  And how long is it for?  Will players sign contracts that commit to moving to Inverness if needed?

But the main one is that County will now have complete legitimacy to be seen as the only destination for all up and coming youth in the Highlands and Islands.  And Inverness's image and identity as a Highland club is just thrown away literally overnight, "delightedly".

• Like 5
  • Well Said 4
  • Sad 1

• tm4tj pinned and featured this topic
Posted (edited)

Well that is the final straw I am off after 14 years. I could say so much about the club being in the Highlands to attract all the young up and coming generations to play football locally and inspire them. That ICT is supposed to be a truly local community club, that it was the focal point for local (and not so local) fans to come together and feel it was their home. Now we will see the entire playing operation move to Fife,any young person from up here wanting a chance with ICT will have to travel just for training, never mind every second week. Does this mean all the academy boys are also going?

How is ICT now going to be a local club if we only see the first team every other week,because the rest of the time they are training and working down in Fife.

Imagine for example if Glasgow Rangers or Glasgow Celtic said we are moving all our training to Newcastle,but we will be at Ibrox and Celtic Park every second week for games- Unthinkable.

if players don't want to move to Inverness, we don't want them. We want players who are proud to train,play and live in the Highlands.

How do Ross County (albeit they are in Premier League) manage to run a decent football operation taking young players in from the Highland league and other leagues including the Western isles. Okay the jury is currently out on their Premier status until Sunday, but either way there can be no disputing that the club is ran like a club shoud be. We are a total embarrassment virtually in all we as a club do off the field and frankly,I think it is a long shot to expect us to get promotion back to the championship in one year,especially if all the incumbants that are currently in post remain.

Hasta la Vista

Edited by Douglas Mackenzie
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

In his very belated statement to fans regarding our relegation, the Chairman said "Your commitment to the Club is an inspiration and one of the foundations that will support us going forward."  

If there was even a scrap of sincerity in that statement, he would have sounded out how fans would react to such an idea.  The incompetence of the leadership in this club is truly breathtaking.

My thoughts exactly. The fact they've clearly been planning this for a while and gave no mention to it at previous fan meetings stinks. No doubt it wasn't mentioned because they knew there'd be a negative reaction, which only emphasises how little they care.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

The reason we are where are is nothing to do with players not wanting to re locate , housing etc it's down to abysmal football tactics and even worse off field management. All this talk of central belt players is just a smokescreen, to mask their incompetencies

This **** show has to stop now.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

This hairbrained scheme reeks of Gardiner all over it. It stinks and with such a momentus decision, would you not think a consultation period would have taken place to allow them to guage the fans views. That fact that there was no consultation, evidences what they really think of us and our opinions,even though we are paying to watch the team all season and most have invested even emotionally in the club. Shocking,bujt not unexpected. 

• Like 2