FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Singing Section Next Season

RiG

Just been informed by DaveDargo that there will be a singing section next season and it will be housed in temporary stands like Falkirks.

These will be opposite the Main Stand.

Thoughts people?

I am currently in an excellent seat behind the goals and I had hoped that's where a Singing Section would be. I'll see what more information comes out of tonight's meeting  :003:

Updated: Apparently they won't sell tickets for it. You can just walk into it.

Updated: Room for 530 people.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TinCanFan

You mean that people that bought a season ticket could have just wandered in!  Also whose to say that the free singers won't be able to choose an empty seat?

You mean that people that bought a season ticket could have just wandered in!  Also whose to say that the free singers won't be able to choose an empty seat?

No. They won't sell tickets specifically for that section. You buy tickets for other areas of the ground (North Stand/Main Stand) and if you want, you go into these Temp Stands to be part of the Singing Section.

I may be wrong of course given that I am only going on what I have been texted.

i jst got bak from th meeting and th new temporary west stand is only in use for those who want to go and sing there!!! i think its basically like section A, it doesnt matter if you already have a season ticket in a differant area, your allowed to go and sit in th west sand if you want to sing.

i personaly think it is a great idea :021: and i think alan savage and th board have showed great inatiative to make this idea happen for th next season

so come on everybody......................WEST STAND LOYAL ARMY, WEST STAND LOYAL ARMY  :001: :001: :001: :021: :021: :021:

But they are still getting into every game for free.

No  :017:

I'll try and break it down for you:

1) You want to go to the ICT game and go into the Singing Section

2) You will need to buy a ticket for the Home end of the ground e.g. North Stand for £x

3) You then enter the stadium on match day and make your way to the designated Singing Section and take your seat there.

i.e. You pay to enter the ground but no to enter the Singing Section.

Guest samuelbarros

Cool, so you can just walk into the singing section for free!  :015:

(joking)

But it sounds like a great idea. Should help create an atmosphere and imo, it;s the best part of the stadium from which to view a match. Presumably it will have to be all seated?

Cool, so you can just walk into the singing section for free!  :015:

(joking)

But it sounds like a great idea. Should help create an atmosphere and imo, it;s the best part of the stadium from which to view a match. Presumably it will have to be all seated?

the finer details are not yet ironed out.

yes it will need to be all seated.  you are not allowed to stand at spl grounds.  i know i know the away fans do it all the time....

but.....  WE need to be a wee bit sensible about things too.  the club have been talking about a different style of stewarding next season and that should make a difference.

Guest samuelbarros

What happens if you go into that section but don't want to sing? Will you get chucked out?

Perhaps I could just mime.

Not that I know any Caley songs...if there are any other than "Caley! Caley!" I know the words to one or two Elton John songs. Will that do? We could get Graeme Spiers in on the piano, just like the old days on Scotsport.

I think you'll find the club will sell as many tickets as they can for this section for the games likely to sell out, but for other games against the Killies and Gretnas of this world anybody will be able to transfer across to this section from their seat elsewhere.

There are to be 534 seats in six rows and the club hope to have it ready for the Rangers game.

If, as has been said above, a ticket cannot be bought for this section but is bought for existing seats with the provisio that people can move to this section then the stadium capacity must, surely, stay the same 7512.

If what DJS is saying holds true then there wont be a singing section at OF / Aberdeen games cos the seats will be sold so those with season tickets for other areas wont be able to move.

Okay I'll try to explain my understanding of it.  The fact is that we don't have it yet so the energy is all going into getting the necessary planning approval etc and then to have it in place. 

530 extra seats will be added to the capacity.  Season tickets will be available (probably at North Stand prices). During most games it is expected that there will be quite a few empty seats and that is when you will be free to roam from your current seat to try out the singing section.  If you like it there is no reason why you don't move there on a permanent basis.  For the bigger games it will need to be sold out to basically cover the costs involved so that the club should break even at the end of the season.  So for the bigger games (you know the ones) every seat in the new stand will be sold.

Does that help.

Meantime, just buy your season ticket wherever you want or renew your existing seats.  Once the new stand is in place there will be more information regarding moving or buying new seats in that area.

I say well done to the Chairman and the board for being forward thinking in this, so let's get behind it and make it work.  :clapping03:

530 extra seats will be added to the capacity.  Season tickets will be available (probably at North Stand prices). During most games it is expected that there will be quite a few empty seats and that is when you will be free to roam from your current seat to try out the singing section.  If you like it there is no reason why you don't move there on a permanent basis.  For the bigger games it will need to be sold out to basically cover the costs involved so that the club should break even at the end of the season.  So for the bigger games (you know the ones) every seat in the new stand will be sold.

Meantime, just buy your season ticket wherever you want or renew your existing seats.  Once the new stand is in place there will be more information regarding moving or buying new seats in that area.

I say well done to the Chairman and the board for being forward thinking in this, so let's get behind it and make it work.  :clapping03:

Its a start ... here's my tuppence worth !!!

If the mess of the Dunfermline game has been cleared up then I think its a good thing and the board and supporters trust are both to be applauded. However, if it has not, and we have seen no statement from anyone to suggest that any resolution or conclusion has been reached, then I reserve judgement on what is basically a good idea until said incident has been cleared up to the satisfaction of those involved ........... there is a reference to a different 'style' of stewarding in an earlier post so maybe I am being too pessimistic.

In principle, the idea sounds good. Unless you know you are going to want to sing at every game and therefore buy tickets specifically for that section then you can buy season tickets elsewhere in the ground and move over when you feel like it .... got a sore head one day, stick to the quiet sections ...... need to sing out and enjoy yourself then off you pop to the singing section ..... However, one thing concerns me and that is that it seems for 'big' games its just going to be another normal section ? as there is no guarantee those who want to sing can get in and those who don't can get out !!!

I guess there has to be a little compromise somewhere in an effort to help pay for it etc and what is proposed does sound good. However instead of being negative about the fact that it will be a normal section for some games, I actually have a couple of suggestions for the club as they seek to organise this. I hope these are somewhat constructive as they are based on my experience of the "supporters section" that Toronto FC initiated in their new stadium.

1. Please make it clear on tickets for this section (if possible) or on signage if its not possible to put it on the tickets that this is the "supporters section" and therefore there is likely to be more noise/singing than in other sections. Dont want the sweetie rustlers losing their way and ending up standing sitting next to IHE and then complaining. :crazy07:

2. Initiate a "ticket-exchange" program for bigger games. There will undoubtedly be those who want to keep their normal seats in the main and north stands but may want to go into the singing section for bigger games. Conversely, for these same bigger games, there may be supporters whose only option was to buy singing section tickets but they want to be in the quieter bit.

The ticket exchange program could be done through official channels if there is a way to make the ticket system at the stadium work online and if it offers this capability,  conversely it could be something as simple as an additional message board on here (which would have to be sanctioned by the club before we would permit it) where users could make requests or offers to swap tickets. no selling would be allowed, just swapping tickets. We would be happy to provide the means to make the swap service available for ICT fans (and the club) if they were to sanction it.

This works really well for Toronto FC who operate both schemes ... I can officially email my tickets to myself at work through ticketmaster (at no charge) if I forgot to take them with me for example, or I can email them to someone else if I cant go to the game. On the unofficial side of things, I can also offer up my tickets for sale or swap on one of the unofficial sites (at face value or below) which is sanctioned by the club and moderated by the board owners.

Good post Scotty.  I think there are still a few issues regrading the logistics, but this site was mentioned as a possible tool in the process.  Right now the priority is to get the building and planning dealt with and only once that is done they will look at the ticketing processes.  Meantime people should just buy their tickets as usual.

Regarding the Dunfermline game I don't think we heard anything tonight that we hadn't heard already, but the Chairman and Graham Bennet, both acknowleged that mistakes had been made and agreed that the stewarding could have been better.  Hence the more sensible stewarding proposed.  Hopefully local stewards posted at the same point every week will allow them to build a rapor with the fans and therefore a better understanding of what is and what isn't acceptable.

Alan Savage is really behind this and will do what he can to facilitate it.  One valid question tonight was from programme sellers who get a free admission as part of their wages, they usually just have to sit where they can, but it might be difficult for them to join their friends in the singing section permanently as they don't actually have season tickets as such.  There will be a way round that though.  Remember that before the tickets for the big games go on sale, season ticket holders have the opportunity to purchase extra tickets, so this could be utilised to increase the singing section prior to public sale.

The Trust will continue to liase with the club in the implementation of this so please keep adding your points and concerns.

I think there are still a few issues regrading the logistics, but this site was mentioned as a possible tool in the process. 

As we have said on numerous occasions, we have always been happy to offer help or be a part of any process that assists the fans of ICT.

I would have only one stipulation about any request of this nature (once they decide whether they actually want us to be a 'tool in the process' ;)) and that would be for the club to give us the courtesy of open, honest and full communication about any process we are asked to be a part of, something that has not always been the case.

A step in the right direction and I hope it works.

I am concerned that the club are shelling out for this new seating when they already have the uncovered wings in the main stand which could be utilised at no extra cost to get the scheme up and running.  In times of financial prudence spending without need seems a little silly.

I realise that the increased capacity will bring extra revenue for the larger games, but we all know that hundreds of tickets for these games end up in the hands of the opposition support.  Put even 50 to 100 opposition fans among our most lively and vocal fans and it is a recipe for disaster.  For that reason I would like to see control of the tickets for the new seats very strictly controlled.  They should be made available to existing season ticket holders only so if trouble does arise they can be traced or make sure names and addresses are taken for all tickets sold in that area for these matches.

I am also a little confused as to how the club can make this work without having a ticket transfer scheme in place.  It is a requirement that all SPL clubs issue tickets for a numbered seat, and although not strictly enforced anywhere I know off, people should be sitting in the seat for which they hold a ticket.  It's one thing to turn a blind eye, it's another to promote a scheme which breaches the rules.  It's small things like that which can throw a spanner in the works of even the simplest of ideas and I hope the club have gone through it all with a fine tooth comb to make sure it doesn't become unstuck before it has a chance to get off the ground.

it seems CD that they have thought about this too and there will be some sort of 'tagging' system in place .

the chairman was made aware of the issues surrounding the old firm fans at the meeting last night with one of the young boys there raising that same point.  i suspect that we will see a certain change to the way things happen next season...

i suspect that the final details of the scheme are not yet ironed out but that we'll hear something within the next couple of weeks.

"In times of financial prudence spending without need seems a little silly"

From what I understand, the stand is "cost neutral" and is the easiest way to create a Singing Season without

getting into a pickle over moving existing Season Ticket Holders.

I think it's a fantastic idea, and I really hope people support it.  Think what a boost it'll be for the players to run out facing a noisy singing section!

It was disappointing that they wasn't more folks there last night, especially those who have been so vocal on this board.

As I understand it the idea is to rent the seating for the first season to see how it works and if the section becomes popular then a permanent stand would be built.

The stand would be self financing as the club would be able to sell more seats for the 'big' games thus recouping tjhe cost of the rent.

Hopefully the club will release an official statement in due course detailing all that was said at the meeting last night so that no one is in doubt about what is going to happen.