Caley Stan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If true, why wasn't this put forward over a week ago? :008:

Exactly why did this 'version' of events take 8 days to surface?

Perhaps it's a case of : "What the ****'s it got to do with them, they're only supporters..."

I just can't believe that they (the management) can't seem to see the damage that's been caused by all this...

:symbol_question:

If this latest version of events is indeed true then I, for one, will be happy to apologise to Mr Brewster and Mr Bennett for my comments regarding their handling of this partular issue but I am intrigued as to why it's taken so long for this explanation to emerge.

If this is true then it would have been much better PR and much more professional to have said so at the outset.

The club usually keep details of contract negotiations quiet, and I think most of us would agree that that's how it should be.

It was Wyness who went on the attack in the press. When that happens, coupled with the upsurge of hostile sentiment from fans, the club have every right to defend their actions.

I suspect though, that they have only done so because it has now become clear that there is no chance at all that Wyness will be staying.

All very odd. And if "The Courier understands that even Wyness himself did not know anything about the late changes being proposed by his agent," then why does Dennis himself feel he has to leave Inverness? Just sack the damned agent for causing the confusion.

I did like CB's match comments though regarding Vigurs: "He started the first 10 to 15 minutes very well and I was happy with his performance at that point," added Brewster. "Unfortunately, he kind of faded out of it, particularly in the second half."

So he just watched him fade until the 62th minute. Great.

The club usually keep details of contract negotiations quiet, and I think most of us would agree that that's how it should be.

To an extent perhaps. How many weeks did we have "Player X will sign his deal by the weekend" in the papers recently for Duncan, Tokely and Wyness? Also Black a couple of seasons back.

For Duncan in particular I seem to recall about 4 maybe 5 Monday mornings with the story in the P & J stating he would be "signing soon". While the intricate details of the contracts might not be revealed the club seem pretty keen to get out (misleading) stories about players signing deals.

just been asked to post this by a missing in easter holidays poster who can only get internet access on their moby (my goodness - can you do that???  :010: :010:)

brew was in the paper just over a week ago saying he was pleased to have everything sorted with dennis - why the big change????

Bennet and Brewster will be extremely busy this week going through all the written apologies from posters here who didn't even contemplate that there could be two sides to the story.  :tic01:

I still want Brewster gone.  He is a terrible manager.

So, who is lying to us? Someone is! On Scotsprot last night, Brewster said HE withdrew the contract offer after a poor display in the hope it would lift denzils game before end of the season and make him win a new contract....now Bennet is shifting the blame on to agent. ONE or BOTH of them is lying to us people. Is this how we deserve to be treadted?

So, who is lying to us? Someone is! On Scotsprot last night, Brewster said HE withdrew the contract offer after a poor display in the hope it would lift denzils game before end of the season and make him win a new contract....now Bennet is shifting the blame on to agent. ONE or BOTH of them is lying to us people. Is this how we deserve to be treadted?

The only truth emerging in this sordid matter is that the management at ICT think we're all feckin idiots....  :018:

?I was shocked and gutted by what happened this week - and I don't know why it happened. Last Thursday the manager indicated I could sign the deal on Friday. Nothing happened so I expected to sign it this week. When I spoke to the manager on Monday he told me the deal was off until the summer. It's his decision but it's all very strange and I can't say I'm happy at all.?         

Dennis Wyness

?I just felt that his performance was disappointing last week and thought that he was in a comfort zone. I?ll see if I can get a reaction.?

Craig Brewster

?We thought that we had put together a deal that would be suitable for Dennis Wyness and, on the Friday, our secretary got in touch with his agent to let him see what our offer was. However, he then came back to us looking for more money.?

Graeme Bennet

Perhaps at the time that Scotsport interview with Brewster was conducted, ICT were maintaining a diplomatic silence on the conduct of Wyness/his agent. Bennet then decided to publicise ICT's version of events?

Who knows. Lets wait and see which bits (if any) of the story Wyness and his agent refute.

?I was shocked and gutted by what happened this week - and I don't know why it happened. Last Thursday the manager indicated I could sign the deal on Friday. Nothing happened so I expected to sign it this week. When I spoke to the manager on Monday he told me the deal was off until the summer. It's his decision but it's all very strange and I can't say I'm happy at all.?         

Dennis Wyness

?I just felt that his performance was disappointing last week and thought that he was in a comfort zone. I?ll see if I can get a reaction.?

Craig Brewster

?We thought that we had put together a deal that would be suitable for Dennis Wyness and, on the Friday, our secretary got in touch with his agent to let him see what our offer was. However, he then came back to us looking for more money.?

Graeme Bennet

Nasty smell coming from somewhere. If they had agreed the deal, which was to be signed on the Friday, why did the club only send the terms of the deal to the agent on the DAY is was to be signed?  :024:

If this latest version of events is indeed true then I, for one, will be happy to apologise to Mr Brewster and Mr Bennett for my comments regarding their handling of this partular issue but I am intrigued as to why it's taken so long for this explanation to emerge.

If this is true then it would have been much better PR and much more professional to have said so at the outset.

My sentiments also.

My sentiments also.

Ditto

It is quite obvious what is going on . The club are trying to shift the blame elsewhere as a result off  the negative publicity they are getting . Could it have anything to do with slow ticket sales for this saturday? If the agent was to blame why did Brewster not say this at the time.Only one man has suffered and that is Dennis,and even Grasser has said he knew nothing off his agents demands. Not for the first time a complete lack of proffesionalism shown by our club.

If true why did the club not then get in touch directly with Dennis to advise him of the Agent's reaction and to find out if Dennis agreed with his agent's approach or whether he wanted to fire the agent because of the disruption caused by this agent at such a late hour in the negotiations.?

Since, apparently, the club did not attempt to contact Denis as above their explanation seems to be rather lame methinks. :011:

This is all very smelly .......

Dennis Wyness - This week

Graeme Bennett - This week

So which is it ? did CB tell him he could sign on Friday or not ? According to Dennis, he did, according to the DoF the agent only got the offer on the Friday ? Someone is not telling the truth.

?I should have an answer from the two of them by the start of the week. Both are important players for the team. Ross Tokely has committed himself to the club and now it is just Russell and Dennis. Even though Dennis has not started the last few games he is also a very important player for us."

Craig Brewster - March 7th

?Dennis is very close to agreeing a 2 year deal, he has done well for the Club ... and is very much part of my future plans.  Dennis has experienced the good times at ICT and hopefully he has a few more to come yet.  He hasn't featured has much this season, firstly due to a hamstring problem and then because we have only been playing with one striker but I know Dennis can come on at anytime and have an impact."

Craig Brewster - March 8th

"My agent is dealing with it just now and it has taken a bit longer than I had hoped, but I think it will be sorted out soon. It has dragged on a bit, but I have been trying to get the best deal for myself and my family. We are near enough at an agreement and I am pretty confident it will all go through"

Dennis Wyness - 12th March

Craig Brewster - last week

?I spoke to Dennis on Monday and told him the contract was off the table. I also said I would look at it again at the end of the season. I'm disappointed with his performances and I felt the contract issue had dragged on too long.?

Craig Brewster - last week

"On the Friday, our secretary got in touch with his agent to let him see what our offer was. However, he then came back to us looking for more money. It was at that point that Craig Brewster decided to delay the decision until the end of the season because it had been dragging on for so long."

Graeme Bennett - this week

Again - fairly fuzzy about the real story ... was it performance or was it the contract ? depending on which article you read, it seems to be one, the other, or both. Bearing in mind that Duncan had also not signed at this point and wasnt exactly stellar in the same game then where is the consistency. Shouldnt he have had his offer withdrawn too ? Dennis appears to be happy to sign, the club appear happy to sign him and it all goes pear shaped at the end. More to this than meets the eye methinks. lots of spin coming back to bite someone on the *** !!!

I know Graeme Bennett, and most of the time when talking about ICT he shoots straight from the hip so I give a little more credence to his remarks than some of the others. If we give his remarks some validity, and carefully read the plethora of articles in various media over the last 2 or 3 weeks then the opinion I have formed has moved slightly to this scenario ......

Everything had been agreed verbally and CB may have said he can sign on the Friday despite the formal offer not having been presented to the agent. Dennis and the club are at this point both quite happy. The agent got it on the Friday - and despite Dennis' happiness to sign - perhaps tried to squeeze a little more out of the deal. At this point the club over-reacted by withdrawing it and the player is understandably quite upset because he didnt know of the 'squeeze'. The one line in the Courier article that stood out for me in reading this is the final line .... "Despite repeated attempts, Wyness' agent could not be contacted" .. this and the fact that he hasnt come out denying it yet makes Grassa's version that bit more believable.

Even if this scenario is true, or close to the mark, I still do not think this absolves Mr Brewster from criticism over his handling of it. Reading the timeline of the contract talks, it seems that Dennis has been close to signing for some time, the club were happy to sign him and there was perhaps just a few final wrinkles to sort out before the paperwork was sorted. On the Friday it appears he was happy to sign what the club had offered and yet, on the Monday, that offer is withdrawn. No player covered themselves in glory in that game, but the manager freely admits that Denzil is part of his plans, and that the current system doesnt allow him to be used as often as before, yet cites performance issues as the reason for withdrawing the contract before changing the story a few days later and saying it was because the contract was dragging on. Mixed messages or what !!!!

The cherry on top of this is that Russell Duncan and/or his agent were the ones who had been threatened via the press with the withdrawal of a contract offer because those negotiations had dragged on longer, yet he is given a few extra days after seeing what happens to Dennis to sign on the dotted line.

Dennis Wyness. Scapegoat for a bad team performance ? or a pawn in the negotiations to get Duncan to sign ? It doesnt really matter ... either way he has been treated badly and those involved should still hang their heads in shame.

This is all very smelly .......

It doesn't get any smellier than ICT these days. Contract negotiations seem to have become personal rather than business affairs (if they were ever otherwise), team selection likewise. Perhaps we've players who aren't being professional but it's hard not to come to the same conclusion about management, too. If we could see some football every other Saturday I'd be less prone to complain, but by feck...

Mr. Sutherland, please stop leaving the meaning between the lines and get yer boots on.

Scotty's interpretation is probably not far from the truth.

The only thing I'd argue with is that you can't really place too much reliance on the positive comments a manager makes when a player is being offered a new contract. He wants to make him feel valued at that point, and is unlikely to say "Wyness is OK to have as a back-up striker, because there aren't many strikers with SPL experience who are as unambitious as Dennis and happy to be on the bench most of the time!"