FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Striker on Trial

frank_the_tank

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a goal... could do with seeing some of them at the TCS over the season! At 25 he'd be the most experienced striker.

Kerr to Elgin City on loan to, thought he'd be really good backup for the defense this year but we still have Duff so fair enough, hopefully he cuts his teeth as well as Sutherland did there.

Looks like he's a winger turned Striker.

Seems that despite having a contract with Hercules CF till 2009 they've had him on the transfer list since June.

Not the established/proven striker I would have hoped we'd be looking for, but who knows?

No.... heard tonight that ICT were attempting to get him on a permanent deal ! whether totally true i'm not 100% but the source is normally pretty good.

Which one?

Rooney?

Elliot?

or...

Bechan?

Also is Guy Kerr's loan move to Elgin City confirmed? I heard they were wanting Dale Gillespie on loan?

Which one?

Rooney?

Elliot?

or...

Bechan?

Also is Guy Kerr's loan move to Elgin City confirmed? I heard they were wanting Dale Gillespie on loan?

No suprise that they want Gillespie too. Considering he scored one of the greatest goals ever against them last year.

That Bechan guy looks ok on Youtube.

They are trying to negotiate a six month loan fer Rooney and then an option to buy or release.

Herald Story

Inverness Caledonian Thistle were last night close to finally securing Adam Rooney, the Stoke City striker, on a one-year loan.

Negotiations have been ongoing for two weeks but a deal could be done today. "Stoke are asking for a few bob and we have told them what we can afford," said manager Craig Brewster.

Rooney could be joined by two others, with Kiran Bechan, a Dutch midfielder currently with Spanish side Hercules CF on trial and Brewster attempting to bring in Dan Wagaluka, a Ugandan midfielder.

Says in the P&J today that were getting Rooney on a one year loan. Just a fee that needs to be sorted between the clubs.

Also has Brewster quoted saying that Bechans on trial and that he is trying to bring Dan Wagaluka on trial as well.

Promising times.

Edited by ajsict92

I really think it has something to do with the performances of Jamie Duff.

Lets hope so.

As you say Mr. 100 quite staggering that we haven't signed a defender yet, but here's hoping we do.

Otherwise it's hats off to CB for effort this summer as far as I'm concerned. Here's a man who seriously wants to keep his job.

With Wagaluka being a winger and Bechan also having played in that position, should we conclude that Zander Sutherland is not considered ready to step up to the 1st team?

Bechan will probably be used as a striker more than anything, and as for Wagaluka, I think Brewster might be trying comparison to see if we already have a winger good enough in the shape of Sutherland. Remember that Wilson usually doesn't last an entire game so it would be good to have maybe two back ups.

And Jamie Duff has probably done enough in Brewsters eyes to warrant him being in the 1st team so defense isn't all to bad.

Still no mention of a new defender? cant believe that Brew has done nowt about it.

Share your worries but don't believe for a second that CB doesn't recognise the problem. With decent activity elsewhere on the trial/transfer front it could be that he isn't haven't much joy and for once anything we are trying to do is being kept quite!

You can dream eh..............?

As much as I am critical of certain aspects of Brewster's management, I think he does have a good eye for a player and he has shown during this close season that he either has contacts or is prepared to look outside the normal comfort zone of Dingwall for bodies to enhance the side....

Rooney from Stoke, Bechan from Spanish side 'Hercules', Wagaluka from Uganda !!! With the exception of Rooney, we dont know if the others are any good but it does show he is prepared to look wherever necessary to bolster the squad.

I think we all know that we need to strengthen the defence as that now seems to be our weakest area (especially if we get Rooney) and it would be folly to assume that Brewster doesnt know that as well. The fact that he is saying something else in public is inconsequential. I am guessing that our apparent lack of activity on that front is down to two or three factors .... Duff impressing CB, A lack of quality available at a price we can afford, and maybe, just maybe, ICT doing their research in silence for once (a very positive move).

The fact that we kept a clean sheet on saturday( by the skin of our teeth ) certainly won't encourage Brew to make any more defensive signings.

I seem to recall him saying that Zadi would be his only defensive signing. :rotflmao: