FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Kilmarnock match thread

ictchris

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by request of andyp85...

Fraser :rotflmao: :thumb04: made a complete pig's ear of the Killie goal. Other than that had bog all to do

Tokely :018: :D ;) solid enough defensively, didn't get forward as much as usual

Munro :lol: :015: :D :P good to have the skipper fit. Got the measure of Sammon as the game went on

McGuire :021: :D :D :D best he's played in ages, looked very comfortable. Not sure if the goal was quite how he meant it!

Hastings :D :D :D see entry for Rossco

Vigurs :D :D :D some nice touches and worked hard, but was out on his legs after an hour

Black :D :D :D :D allowed to get further forward today and gave us a real creative spark in the final third. Bet that's the only header he ever scores

Duncan :D :D :D :D he drives us mad with the lackadaisical passes, but fact is the defence is much better protected for us having him

McBain :D :D Quiet game, didn't really contribute much

Imrie :D :D :D :D :D fantastic performance, ran at defenders all day long and at the centre of most of our best moments

Barrowman :D :D :D :D super pen, super celebration, did a good job holding the ball up and won more headers than he should have

The Subs? Not much impact from any of them, though Cowie should have grabbed us a late fourth

That was better. We got the customary defensive calamity out of the way early in the game, showed character to come back from it and the team seemed to grow as the game progressed.

We played Barrowman on his own up front, with Imrie supporting from behind. Vigurs played on the right, Roy on the left. Imrie did well today, roaming all over the pitch to collect the ball and providing a bit of zip to our attacks. We still didn't create much from open play though - same story, passing the ball well to a point but failing to put in decent crosses or balls to Barrowman's feet. Andy was feeding on scraps again today. Some folk said after the game that they thought he had a good game, that he won more in the air and generally made a nuisance of himself. I didn't see it like that. I thought he was poor again today and that he is definitely ill-suited to playing on his own up front. He doesn't move enough and while he might have won more in the air today, he never once found a blue shirt or looked like scoring.

The game stretched for the last half ?hour and we played a bit of football with Vigurs getting a bit of time on the ball, Barry did well when he came on and Cowie looked more lively than he has done all season.

Our set-pieces were much better today. Vigurs' corners in the second half were really dangerous and it was from one of those that Blackie found himself in enough space to head home from the penalty spot. We nearly iced the cake in injury time when a 20 pass move ended with Cowie shooting tamely at Combe when he was clean through.

There were other positives today as well. Duncan played well and should always play in the centre of the park with Blackie who was outstanding again.

Thanks Stan - it looks like Brew may be beginning to think out the tactics a bit more clearly - cant help but think that he may well have been swayed by public - or inside - opinion though.

It worries me that Brew is now beginning to come in line with the tactical thinking of many on this forum - Shouldnt that be the other way around !!

It worries me that Brew is now beginning to come in line with the tactical thinking of many on this forum - Shouldnt that be the other way around !!

Och away man ! That's what you, I, and every other fan is ultimately striving for. :rotflmao:

Very good result and what sounded like an excellant performance after the first 20 minutes or so.

Nevertheless, it's still a concern that our forward players have only scored one goal between them from open play in the league this season.

Mikey sems to have made a bit of an uncertain starty to the season. I wonder whether there'e merit in giving Esson a run in the first team ?

thought the team played really well after a shacky first 20min. must improve on that as better team may finish the game off with a couple of goals. anyway lots of good things to say, thought the team played as a team today and kept their structure very well. midfiled were superb, blackie and vigurs different class, vigurs vision to pass a through ball is exactly what the team needs, so must get vigs 90min match fit. imirie was brilliant as well, worked very hard plus gave a quality performance which has been missing lately but not yesterday. barrowman was ok i think he still has a long way to go, he does well holding up the ball but not very good distribution and needs to hit more shots on goal. so better from him but still not spl level as yet. overall team played well so well done to them and management.

Fraser - 5/10

Tokely - 6/10

Hasting - 6/10

Munro - 6/10

McGuire - 7/10

McBain - 5/10

Vigurs - 7/10

Black - 7/10

Duncan - 6/10

Imirie - 7/10

Barrowman - 5/10

Haphaphapiest day at ICT snce many an age!

All the team going forward looking for each other despite a Kille side that were here to play. Vigurs caught the eye in particular, though Imrie, Blakci ena Barrowman also looked like they were weel up for it.

McGuire? Well for a defender, he's a great striker. Was it one of the friendlies where he scored a similar goal? His lob was meant. There was nothing else it could have been.

Blackie's header surprised even him. His celebration was priceless, he acted the whole thing again.

Barrowman too, endeared himself after his penalty.

Great grea day, lets do more and that top six is ours.

Brill work all round.

Having seen the highlights Barrowman deserves credit for winning the knock down for McGuires's wundergoal and for taking down Blackie's pass and going for a wee run to win the penalty. The move that created the penalty was excellent - Vigurs, Imrie, Black and Barrowman combined really well.

I was sad enough to freeze-frame the Kilmarnock goal and while it was a complete a mindfuck of a thing for Mikey to do, the defence shouldn't get away with their atrocious marking at the set piece. McGuire in particular loses his man ball-watching.

Caleyjags.com has a couple of great photos that prove it was a penalty and that Blackie could jump up in the air and stamp on his own head if he wanted to.

Shame such a good result is being overshadowed by all this other rubbish. Ho Humm

Anyone seen the 'penalty' incident on Tv yet?

Definite dive by Barrowman would have been pissed off if Killie had done the same.

yeah i agree a dive, however, killie can't complain they were flying these tackles in the box and thats just crazy...so if the defender goes to ground in the box and misses the ball then thats what happens. well done barrowman.

Sorry mate but I cant find it in myself to congratulate a blatant piece of cheating.

i hate cheating but i dont think what he did was cheating....why should defenders be allowed to fly in tackles without touching the ball because thats what was happening, anywhere else on the park then thats a free kick because its seen to be impeding the player, so why not a pen when its in the box??

Edited by CaleyP

If it were Lee Miller for the Dons performing something similar against us, i'd of been raging.

Tucked away the penalty brilliantly though; a couple of inches higher and it'd be unsaveable (is that a word?).

defenders shouldn't be launching in tackles the way they were so i agree with caleyp. i wouldn't expect our defenders to do the same as it's just wreckless play. wreckless play derserves to be punished.

Edited by boon