FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Supporters Trust - Killie Cup Game

Tichy_Blacks_Back

I see from the article in today's P&J that the Supporter's Trust are paying the teams accomodation for the Scottish Cup Game against Kilmarnock this weekend. This further demonstrates the Trust's support of the club and it would be nice if the club were to acnowledge it - maybe a wee comment from the club would have been equally as appreciative.

I agree Johnboy, its a very good thing for the Trust to do, and shows that they/we give a poop about giving the team the best start possible on the day, The only thing that bugs me about it is, the trust stump the cash for the team to be rested and better preped, and if we win, and move on, its the boards pocket that will feel the benifits and the boards arse that have the well done smoke blown up!! and the ego inflated.

The only thing that bugs me about it is, the trust stump the cash for the team to be rested and better preped, and if we win, and move on, its the boards pocket that will feel the benifits and the boards arse that have the well done smoke blown up!! and the ego inflated.

You've got a point there.

is it time to push for getting a fans representative on the board?

The only way I can see that happening is if the Supporters Trust was able to to substantially increase the number of shares it controls.

Linking that point back to the Killie hotel and any other similar gestures, rather than gifting money to cover bills, is there any reason why the Trust can't provide the club with the same amount of money in return for shares to the same value? The club still gets the relevant costs met, but the Trust gets something tangible in return which reflects its funding of the club, and over time builds the stake in the right direction.

The only thing that bugs me about it is, the trust stump the cash for the team to be rested and better preped, and if we win, and move on, its the boards pocket that will feel the benifits and the boards arse that have the well done smoke blown up!! and the ego inflated.

You've got a point there.

Aye, but Please no1 take what i said as a pop at what the Trust did, i think thats fantastic and good/GREAT for our team to give the best chance..

The only way I can see that happening is if the Supporters Trust was able to to substantially increase the number of shares it controls.

Why? One of our previous chairmen has (or had) a personal holding of only 250 shares (the minimum). I a sure - especially in these times of stony silence - that there would be significant support from a lot of small shareholders for a fan representative.

Linking that point back to the Killie hotel and any other similar gestures, rather than gifting money to cover bills, is there any reason why the Trust can't provide the club with the same amount of money in return for shares to the same value? The club still gets the relevant costs met, but the Trust gets something tangible in return which reflects its funding of the club, and over time builds the stake in the right direction.

Think that is a great idea.

So perhaps a new thread, when we have enough takers/ shareholders, then go to the Press, they cannot ignore that, just a thought!!

Where can I buy shares, or ? are they worthless, if not? does that entitle you to vote in a shareholders meeting and ask the questions, others do not ask??? and then with the other worthys vote no confidence or do the board ignore???

Why? One of our previous chairmen has (or had) a personal holding of only 250 shares (the minimum). I a sure - especially in these times of stony silence - that there would be significant support from a lot of small shareholders for a fan representative.

What I was meaning here is that I just don't see the board voluntarily inviting a fans rep to the table. It is common business practice though that a significant shareholder (and I'm probably talking about a 20%+ stake) is granted a place on the board. There's no actual requirement for that to happen, but in any normal company its accepted that the largest shareholders need to be involved rather than excluded from operational decision making, otherwise they can become uncooperative and make life difficult for the board.

What I was meaning here is that I just don't see the board voluntarily inviting a fans rep to the table. It is common business practice though that a significant shareholder (and I'm probably talking about a 20%+ stake) is granted a place on the board. There's no actual requirement for that to happen, but in any normal company its accepted that the largest shareholders need to be involved rather than excluded from operational decision making, otherwise they can become uncooperative and make life difficult for the board.

I wonder why Alan Savage who is second largest shareholder was never invited onto the board when he left as Chairman? As far as I am aware David Sutherland /Tullochs have the right to appoint a number of Directors onto the board (3 I think )

Back to the original theme of the post, well done to the Trust, a great gesture.

Edited by stevico1

Fantastic gesture from the Trust. One that I'm very sure the players and coaches will appreciate.

As for fans rep on the board. I'm sure any shareholder can nominate someone to the board. As it is though the majority shareholding would veto that. The Trust holds a number of shares. Many fans have a 250 holding. There may be others with slightly larger holdings that would also support a fans rep. Maybe even Alan Savage with his 12%. If all those interested in pooling their vote were to get together and make a nomination the majority holders voting interest may still veto it but it would show a great deal of interest in the idea and could even sway other major holders to turn.

Same goes at AGM if the small holders enmasse were to disagree with a particular proposal then proxy the voting right to a holder os similar persuasion. i.e pass your voting right by proxy to the Trust and let that body be your spokesperson. There are ways around many things and they all boil down to solidarity in numbers.

I too would prefer if the supporters trust used its money to buy shares instead of presenting gifts to the club as a way of filtering out its own strength.

In the long term the trust has a larger investment in the club and the club still gets the cash to spend as they wish. So both parties win.

A nice gesture by the ST but yet again the club looks second rate having to accept donations for what should be a normal expense. IMO the ST should receive shares for any money given to the club. BTW did the ST ever receive the shares the builder promised to transfer to them?