FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

mcswegan

strathyjags

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having watched our national team blast the ball up the park for the final few minutes to hold onto their lead and all they achieved was to allow another attack to be formed, how I wished there was a cool head on the park to calm them down and encourage them to hold the ball and waste the time in this way.

Perhaps our new signing can instill from his experience, the coolness required, at times, into our team so that we, unlike last night's team, can be more level headed under pressure.

Just maybe!

Guest caleycallum

I havn't seen him play in Years, but I was dissapointed when i heard he'd signed, i know it was years ago but wasn't his record for Scotland played 2 scored 1?

I bet he doesn't score at Fir Park. Dargo is back and I would expect him to start with Bayne given that they linked up so well in the game down there last season where we won 1 - 0. It would of course be great if he does but I cannot see it.

It would be like Man Utd signing Dion Dublin! Whether he has been signed as back up is irrelevant for me. We have cover for the striking department. What we don't have cover for is right back . That's where I feel we should have strengthened especially after losing two players there.

ICT have managed to re-kindle the careers of players in the past.  For that reason alone I think we should at least wait until we have seen the guy play in a couple of games before passing judgement.

As has been said already, an old head to steady things at the front may be what we need right now.  We are creating the chances and opportunities but the final shot is not there on many occasions, if McSwegan can provide a bit of cool then we can hopefully see more of these chances converted.

I have my doubts over his ability to play any more than 30/40 mins in a game but that may be all that is needed to influence the outcome.  Time will tell, and I think there is a job for him to do for us here at ICT.

Its not so long since people were questioning the appointment of the injury prone Craig Dargo, with similar words with regard to the ability of our manager at the time. Now we're greetin if he's linked to another club. Give the people a chance and wait and see if the signing is good or bad.

Who was judging McSwegan not good enough for the 1st?  It's well known that C*unty have been and continue to cut costs and as McSwegan was one of the top earners there then it is not suprising that they would be looking to get him off the books.