FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Dundee United chairman slagging us off

caleyrule

The stewarding at Tannadump is a DISGRACE. They are over zealous, jumped up and it's no wonder that people stay away from that stadium. Maybe if they address they're stewarding the numbers of away fans may increase. I've got to admit I doubt I'll be making the journey up there this coming season because it's a rotten stadium. With rotten stewarding. And it's a depressing city.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it's true that we don't take much of a support to Tannadice, we do bring a fair few to Pittodrie and the Edinburgh grounds and i would expect to see a decent Caley support in Perth next season as well.

Understandably, most of our supporters pick their away games according to importance and distance - and i think we do allright given our geographical disadvantage.

I see where Thompson's coming from, but it feels horrible to be compared with Hamilton fans in any context.

Didn't take long for us to be shot at, only a few weeks after getting back to the big-time. This is exactly why I love the SPL, every club thinks they are huge and we are tiny (mebbe with the exception of St Johnstone). When we hump them it is so much more enjoyable, as is telling them to shut up.

Utd bringing a couple of thousand? They bring about 300-600 most times, and from a city the size of Dundee that is pitiful. Dundee has a population of 159,522, with two major clubs.

Tbh, most of the away games I went to in the SPL days the home support was poor and the ICT support was genuinely pretty good. Aberdeen away, Hearts away and Hibs away were the best, by no means can you compare our support to Hamiltons.

He's pretty much stating the obvious.

No he isn't. Not when he mentions 17-20 supporters. Everyone knows we have one of the smaller away supports and obviously it will dip if we have nothing to play for at the end of the season, but it is lying, disrespectful, disingenuous bullsh*t to claim that it will ever be as low as that. Our way support was in three figures for almost every away game last season and the season before that, and I suspect was one of the best in the division for the final quarter of the season. It's fair enough to say that Dundee being promoted would have been far more advantageous to Utd, but why lie like that to make your point?

He is being every so slightly hypocritical but is right to a point.

Theres plenty times they've barely brought up anyone to a game here and it is the same wherever most support goes in the SPL. Though the few times ive gone to an away game we have had a good few supporters at them.

Only time i saw United bring a big crowd was the day they stayed up a few years ago.

Edited by ajsict92

Bottom line is surely that the cost of going to the matches is too high for the average fan. PERIOD.

That is about the top and bottom of it, I reckon. I'm already blanching at the thought of SPL admission prices...

Reads like a bit of a non story during a slow time for football reporters to be honest. I'd imagine he was asked something along the lines of 'what effect will the failure of Dundee to achieve promotion have on budgets for next season' to which the obvious answer is a fair bit for the same reasons we'd prefer County in the SPL and by illustrating the point with a couple of extreme examples the reporter has been able to create a piece his editor wants...

SPL prices are extremely painful though, the one thing about next season I'm really not looking forward to.

No he isn't. Not when he mentions 17-20 supporters. Everyone knows we have one of the smaller away supports and obviously it will dip if we have nothing to play for at the end of the season, but it is lying, disrespectful, disingenuous bullsh*t to claim that it will ever be as low as that. Our way support was in three figures for almost every away game last season and the season before that, and I suspect was one of the best in the division for the final quarter of the season. It's fair enough to say that Dundee being promoted would have been far more advantageous to Utd, but why lie like that to make your point?

My point was that it's obvious a local derby would be more beneficial to DUTD as opposed to a tricky journey up the road or against a team with a fairly small away support. But it's the same as a local derby would be good for anyone. Im sure Killie would love Ayr to come up (although we all know that'd never happen :lol: ) just as we would love to have County to beat in the same league.

He's not really lying either. It's much more of a rash speculation to exaggerate on his point. And the reporter has latched on to that for a better story. It's not big news to be honest. I don't really care for what he has to say but hey it's his point of view and he's entitled to think that... whether he's right is another matter entirely.

Wouldn't read too much into that. Hes just stating facts.

Financially our board would prefer to have Ross county in the SPL with us next season, as opposed to QOS.

Reads like a bit of a non story during a slow time for football reporters to be honest. I'd imagine he was asked something along the lines of 'what effect will the failure of Dundee to achieve promotion have on budgets for next season' to which the obvious answer is a fair bit for the same reasons we'd prefer County in the SPL and by illustrating the point with a couple of extreme examples the reporter has been able to create a piece his editor wants...

SPL prices are extremely painful though, the one thing about next season I'm really not looking forward to.

And thats the point I was making there. Of course we'd rather have County over say Hamilton for example but thats not the case and anything else is purely Ifs and Buts and therefore pretty irrelevant.

My point was that it's obvious a local derby would be more beneficial to DUTD as opposed to a tricky journey up the road or against a team with a fairly small away support. But it's the same as a local derby would be good for anyone. Im sure Killie would love Ayr to come up (although we all know that'd never happen :lol: ) just as we would love to have County to beat in the same league.

He's not really lying either. It's much more of a rash speculation to exaggerate on his point. And the reporter has latched on to that for a better story. It's not big news to be honest. I don't really care for what he has to say but hey it's his point of view and he's entitled to think that... whether he's right is another matter entirely.

I do appreciate the basic point he's making, but the '17-20' remark just really irritated me, maybe because I did keep faithfully going to the away games throughout our last two disappointing seasons in the SPL and saw the same faces there every week - a good bit more than 20 of them. Had he said '80-100', which would have been more accurate, he could have made his point about Dundee just as well without putting the boot into us and giving extra ammunition to all the Saints- and Killie-supporting @rseholes on P&B who delight in telling us what an insult to the SPL we are.

I am aware, by the way, that this is probably a mad, tin-hatted over-reaction...

if the 25000 glory hunters that went to hampden turned up at tannadice every fortnight, he might be able to balance the books. it isn't fans of other clubs responsibility to pay the inflated wages of their team.

if the 25000 glory hunters that went to hampden turned up at tannadice every fortnight, he might be able to balance the books. it isn't fans of other clubs responsibility to pay the inflated wages of their team.

Ouch. Get him telt.

Er, did Dundee not take 17-20 at the end of last season to Caley park when they had nothing to play for? I would rather have Ayr in the SPL any day, the away days would be out-standing.

Applying his logic, there should be six leagues in Scotland Ayrshire, Tayside, North East, Glasgow, Edinburgh and whatever the area south of the central belt is known as (England?). This way fans fans would see the smaller distances as an incentive to travel to all the grounds, home and away. More money made, less spent. That is what we're all aiming for these days, Fuk the sporting side of it.

I'm sorry even if this numpty is right who is he to critisise another clubs fans when we are a club a tenth the size of Dundee United. I am not really bothered if we take a large support to tannadice if his club is in financial bother then he cannot rely on away supporters to be getting him out of this debt. He should have his marketing department trying to come up with ways of making money another way. He is also forgetting the distances we ICT fans have to travel every second week to follow our team and the costs involved in getting there. It is not like the other central clubs where you jump on a train and say an hour at most and yu are at the game we have to travel four hours on a bus just to get to the game.

Usual central belt menatlity if you aint in the south you are bad for the spl and football in general sickening really no wonder scottish football is in such a bad way.

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. He answered a question about the effect of DFC not being promoted was to his club and obviously they would have had a lot more away fans than ICT. I think that journalistic license may be a bit to blame for how many have interpreted it.

I was going to come to that. It is a bit cheeky moaning about the fact that other teams don't have huge away supports when 20000 of his own teams fans are no where to be seen most of the season.

But hey, what do we care. Dont affect us. Perhaps if he reduces the ticket prices a touch you never know.