FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

team for motherwell

lukemackay

yeh we have a game this week who forgot?

reguero

dave the rave-warren-meekings-g.shinnie

owain--draper?

doran--a.shinnie--brislan hall

mckay

subs:esson, cooper, foran, pepper, morison, sutherland, roberts

obviously if drapers still out forans in for him but cant find a space for foran atm

brislan halls on fire for the u20s think hes earned a game so id have him starting, seems to be the sort of player to run at players and get in goalscoring positions off the wings. could be a threat.

the rest is as usual, keep this run going.

Not a fan of McKay up top at home on his own myself. So an attacking 4-3-3 for me -

Reguero

Raven Warren Meekings G.Shinnie

Jones A.Shinnie Morrison

Doran Foran McKay

Subs - Esson*, Roberts, Pepper, Cooper, Sutherland, Brislen-Hall, Oswell

* - Mathieson if Esson's out.

Not a fan of McKay up top at home on his own myself. So an attacking 4-3-3 for me -

Reguero

Raven Warren Meekings G.Shinnie

Jones A.Shinnie Morrison

Doran Foran McKay

Subs - Esson*, Roberts, Pepper, Cooper, Sutherland, Brislen-Hall, Oswell

* - Mathieson if Esson's out.

4-3-3 will not work as a formation as Motherwell will simply overun us in midfield with numbers. It will also only work, in my opinion, if the other team plays the same formation which simply will not happen. The constant change of formations has to be avoided as it causes more problems than it solves. Let's find a formation that works and suits the palyers we have and stick to it.

yeh we have a game this week who forgot?

reguero

dave the rave-warren-meekings-g.shinnie

owain--draper?

doran--a.shinnie--brislan hall

mckay

subs:esson, cooper, foran, pepper, morison, sutherland, roberts

obviously if drapers still out forans in for him but cant find a space for foran atm

brislan halls on fire for the u20s think hes earned a game so id have him starting, seems to be the sort of player to run at players and get in goalscoring positions off the wings. could be a threat.

the rest is as usual, keep this run going.

Isn't Brislen-Hall a defender?

I've seen Brislen-Hall play a few times, and so far I've been pretty impressed. He certainly closer to Hayes than Sutherland that's for sure. He's quite a stocky kind of bloke, but is very fast and very hard working. Think a rougher version of Conor Pepper who can also play at left back and that's what you've got.

TB is a great guy but is frightened to bench Roberts incase arsenal don't give us players again

He's not frightened of anything, he just knows the reality that if we give an Arsenal youngster plenty of good match experience we are more likely to get his loan extended and to get more loanees in future. Whereas if Roberts doesn't get enough match experience Arsenal will see absolutely no point in sending anyone to us.

But the general consensus only see him once a week whereas terry sees him play 4-5 days a week. Or however often they train.

But the match against Motherwell is not a training session. Many players don't translate what they do in training into a match day situation. Others are the opposite and respond to the atmosphere and the sense of occasion. Roberts has had a good run in the side and whilst he's shown promise he does not appear to have lived up to his potential. If Draper is out I don't know that I would drop him for the Motherwell game but based on what those who have seen Brislen-Hall play, I would like to see him come on and get some decent game time in the first team from the bench to see how he copes with that. Roberts needs to impress more in the next couple of games or else a lengthy spell on the bench would be appropriate.

But the general consensus only see him once a week whereas terry sees him play 4-5 days a week. Or however often they train.

But the match against Motherwell is not a training session. Many players don't translate what they do in training into a match day situation. Others are the opposite and respond to the atmosphere and the sense of occasion. Roberts has had a good run in the side and whilst he's shown promise he does not appear to have lived up to his potential. If Draper is out I don't know that I would drop him for the Motherwell game but based on what those who have seen Brislen-Hall play, I would like to see him come on and get some decent game time in the first team from the bench to see how he copes with that. Roberts needs to impress more in the next couple of games or else a lengthy spell on the bench would be appropriate.

If I had someone playing for me who worked well 5/5 days a week I'd rather have him starting on the Saturday than someone who doesn't.

Roberts is young and clearly has alot of potential. He started off really well and is probably a victim of his own sucess. In saying that though I would like to see brislan hall at some point. Perhaps off the bench on Sunday.

Edited by lukemackay

I take it Draper is still out?

If so then

-------------------------------------Reguero-------------------------------------

----Raven---------Meekings----------------Warren--------ShinnieG------

---------------------Tudor-Jones------------Foran--------------------------

-------Doran-----------------ShinnieA---------------Sutherland-----------

---------------------------------McKay------------------------------------------

If Draper is fit then I'd play him alongside OTJ and push Foran up to the left hand side of the '3' in place of Sutherland.

• Agree 1

I felt Roberts was put under a lot of pressure last week he was continually have the ball passed in his direction when in fact he was having a bit of a mare. Doran on the other hand couldnt get into the game in the second half. I am not blaming Roberts but felt he was being exposed by his team mates. I would rest him for saturday.