FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Penalty or dive ?

tm4tj

Back in the day they would have given us a more experienced ref - we used to get the likes of Dallas coming up. I'd rather have seen Willie Collum or Calum Murray. I felt McLean was out of his depth.

Now we're deprived of Graeme for an important match which could see us make top 6. Devine can play LB can't he?

Graeme shinnie was running at pace, so it wouldn't have taken much to put him down, he neither went down in a manner that i would consider theatrical unless he wanted to fall on his face in which case he did.

Imo it was a penalty.

Edited by lukemackay
  • Agree 1

Charlie Taylor will play left back in place of Shinniesta Light.

i thought he was ok when he came on and would play him next county game.

one thing though he reminded me of richard hastings.  while trying to challange sproule he was grabing his arm with both hands, and if sproule was holding his ground waiting to take a pass he had an arm/hand over both shoulders pulling him back.

i remember hastings used to give away lots of free kicks and even penalties with these clumsy challenges.

not clever with brittain and vigurs skill at free kicks.

ps -------- just an observation from yesterday before i get any flack for knocking one of our players from any happy clappers

For me, It's not Shinnie's style to go flying through the air for nothing.  Clown of a referee who got worse as the game went on, gifting County soft free kicks and giving us nothing around their box.

• Agree 2

Having seen the highlights there is no way that is not a foul.  I'm not sure you could actually go down deliberately like that if you tried.  It's right on the line and whilst it should be a penalty I can can understand a referee not awarding a penalty but awarding a free kick right on the edge of the box instead.  As someone else said, the referee should be sure before awarding a penalty so a free kick would have been a fair decision.

Adams was going on about County being denied a penalty when Lawson shot struck Meekings.  Complete nonsense.

Just watched the highlights, given some of the penalty decisions I've seen recently, that could easily have been given, it certainly looked like Shinnie had his foot trod on .. I can't see how the ref can be sure enough to book him for diving, at the speed he was going at, any obstruction of his foot would see him over.

The Meekings one looked a stonewall penalty to me

^^^ Doesn't know the rules of football.

or maybe hes just doing this >>> :stir: ?

For me it was a penalty as mekings arm was in an unnatural position when the ball made contact with it , making it a penalty IMO . Maybe rig or wee luke can enlighten me as to why I'm wrong .

The Meekings one looked a stonewall penalty to me , the Shinnie one is inconclusive and the ref and linesman were both in perfect positions to make the call .

^^Predictable response^^

The Meekings one looked a stonewall penalty to me , the Shinnie one is inconclusive and the ref and linesman were both in perfect positions to make the call .

^^Predictable response^^

^^Predictable response ^^ , care to explain your problem with my post ?

For me it was a penalty as mekings arm was in an unnatural position when the ball made contact with it , making it a penalty IMO . Maybe rig or wee luke can enlighten me as to why I'm wrong .

For starters, the position of a players hand doesn't mean it's automatically an infringement. Also it's highly debatable whether Meekings deliberately handled the ball.

For starters, the position of a players hand doesn't mean it's automatically an infringement. Also it's highly debatable whether Meekings deliberately handled the ball.

^^ Doesn't know the rules of football ^^

Tell you what champ, why don't you pop off and have a wee read of the laws of the game before you post any more nonsense on here about things you clearly know nothing about.

There's a good lad.

I'm neither of them, but I'll enlighten you. For it to have been a penalty, it would need to have touched his arm.

Tell you what champ, why don't you pop off and have a wee read of the laws of the game before you post any more nonsense on here about things you clearly know nothing about.

There's a good lad.

So using your rules defnders can run around their penalty area with their hands above their heads at a corner and if the ball hits their hand it's not a penalty as it wasn't deliberate ? Think your the one that needs to read the rules champ .

There's a good lad.

So using your rules defnders can run around their penalty area with their hands above their heads at a corner and if the ball hits their hand it's not a penalty as it wasn't deliberate ? Think your the one that needs to read the rules champ .

Have you read the rules yet?