FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

New Assistant Manager

ictchris

Who will be our new assistant manager?  Who do you want and who do youthink we will get?

Candidates could be Malky Thomson, although Chester will doubtless have a bit of cash and he might not want to pack it in down there.  Maybe get Charlie back involved, that would be an interesting one  :015:  Also, Kevin MacDonald just left the Republic of Ireland job but is still involved at Aston Villa as reserve coach.  Would he leave that job to come to the SPL as an assistant?

Personally I am sure it will be Hagi.  IHE said it and he only speaks the truth.

Based on comments here over the last few months the shortlist will be .....

Malky

Shearer

Hagi

IHE's Shearer comment continues to haunt me though as that is one name that would be a slap in the face for most ICT fans after his gloating on TV when he went to Aberdeen .............

Erm, Hagi would go onto astronomical wages if he did come.

Maybe trimming the budget by say Brewstard's wages for example would help. :023:

I agree about Hagi - I didnt say he would come, just that he would be on the shortlist of names trotted out a la Warnock ..... (but this time not necessarily by the club).

The name in the frame will be Shearer, and i predict a lot of fans will be very uneasy about this, which will make it all the easier for Malky to step back in at the last minute ......

How about, feck the assistant manager post and replace the manager with Billy Davies.

Good shout Alex  :022: If only!!!

The last thing we need is for Brewster to get appointed a "yes" man like Thomson. That's part of the reason I liked Parkie being assistant as he wouldn't just do what Brewster said.

I wonder if Barry Wilson might be given the job  :024:

Hagi was a wind up - Shearer is 100% cert.  :001:

At the beginning of the season when Brew came Buckie would not allow Shearer to move and ICT would have had to ask DP to move which would have caused uproar. Buckie wanted Shearer to stay and stabilise their club and take them on a profitable Scottish Cup run.

Where are Buckie in the league ? - have the foundations been laid ? - is it not strange that DP leaves on the weekend Buckie are put out of the cup!!  :018:

Maybe the manager and board will stick with the tried and tested "buy soon-to-be retired player get member of coaching staff free approach" Lee Bullen.

Two categories. An experienced player who is good enough to get in the side like Lee Bullen or possibly Jackie McNamara and wants their first step on the ladder. Or you could have someone like Davie Hay, knows the game well, has a good eye for a player and would not be after Brewster's job. Someone who will give good advice.

Two categories. An experienced player who is good enough to get in the side like Lee Bullen or possibly Jackie McNamara and wants their first step on the ladder. Or you could have someone like Davie Hay, knows the game well, has a good eye for a player and would not be after Brewster's job. Someone who will give good advice.
everyone you have named will not want to move to sneck,it will be barry wilson,hes the easiest and cheapest option