Moaning Fans

MacBandy

2 examples from yesterday;

after a good start where we were all right behind the team we had about 10 mins where Celtic (one of top 16 teams in Europe) got the upper hand and we conceded a few corners (but no goals) on the bounce. Already shouts of "get it together caley this is pathetic" rang out.

In the toilets at half time when we were only 1 goal down to the same team and looking good "we are dire...we never tackle their strikers we stand off them too much...(wait for this)...and we have been like it for weeks" I mention that until today we haven't conceded in weeks.

Well.....I apologise for being so upbeat!! :sillywave:

Tiny club, great team, too many silent or whinging fans.

I am just thankful for the boys in Block G. Great Drums yesterday.

In fairness I think most of that is fair comment from the first half and even Brewster acknowledged that up until we got the goal back it was looking bleak.

I lost count of the number of times I shouted at McBain and Hastings to stop getting drawn so far in to the middle and for us to go to the man instead of letting them run at us and even towards the end Rossco and Munro were on at the rest of the team to push out a bit and pin down Celtic further up the park.

Personally I think it's pretty poor that we only won 3 - 2. Questions must be asked of Brewsters approach to this game and his tactics.

There's also the rather distressing fact that Fraser's run of clean sheets came to a sickening end....  :020:

Personally I think it's pretty poor that we only won 3 - 2. Questions must be asked of Brewsters approach to this game and his tactics.

There's also the rather distressing fact that Fraser's run of clean sheets came to a sickening end....  :020:

Not so sickening when you think about how sweet the victory was having come back from 2-0 down and having had the Weejies chant "easy,easy" at us.

You're right. Clearly he isn't good enough. Looks like all those kids who were harassing him the other week were right. That save towards the end was a fluke and merely glossed over another poor performance.

I expect to see Nicky Walker back in goals next week.

I know us heilanders can be hard to impress, but some of the attitudes at TCS really do beggar belief. In fact, you've cast a wee shadow over the victory by reminding me of it.

What do the amateur psychologists and sociologists on here have to say about this highland characteristic. I know it can be grim up north, but some of the negativity I hear down there fair boils my wee wee.

Some people accuse this site of always being full of moaning barstewards .... and on occasions this is very true, but we have always had far more than our fair share of them down at the stadium too regardless of which division we have happened to be in at the time.

Yesterday was a great result for so many reasons, 2-0 down coming back to win 3-2, putting one over on one of the so-called "top 16" of Europe, getting us up to 7th spot in the table when only a few weeks ago we were 11th and things were looking bleak, a midfield that is looking classy, a right back who people thought was garbage turning out to be pretty decent, our Romanian star showing some sublime touches, and a keeper who many doubted just a few weeks ago pulling of some good saves and one spectacular one .......

Of course there were a few negatives too like defensive mistakes that cost a red card, or the lack of pace of Marius when he might have got clean through late in the second half but the positives far outweighed the negatives

I can only hope that some of the negative things on this and other threads are meant to be sarcastic or tongue in cheek otherwise there are quite a few who might need a reality check.

I didnt like all the "club of our size" comments that were trotted out by Charlie every week, and said so, but the reality is that we are a small side (in terms of resources, fanbase, and infrastructure), but once again we are achieving in excess of what is expected. I dont say we are "punching above our weight" as that would be disrespectful to the players, but we are definitely achieving in excess of what was expected ... especially after our poor start.

Brewster (and his backroom team), regardless of what you, me, or anyone thinks seems to have got the pride and passion back and with the extra training we are again looking fit and up for games. I still have my reservations, but 12 points out of 12 including a first ever league victory over Celtic is pretty hard to criticise.