FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Todays Game, St Johnstone

ICTodd

So what kind of team do you think Brewster's going to put out today? Hopefully we'll get to see a bit more of Vigurs I say, and maybe a bit more tried back line instead of makeshift.

Guest neksor

Most of our players put in a reasonable stint.

McGuire was at fault for the St J 2nd goal and Tokely's play was weak. Esson played well apart from one poor clearance.

neksor

Just in from the game....

Very poor turnout crowd wise.  Only a few hundred in the North Stand (If that) and a few more in the Main.

4-2 makes it sounds like a good game, but it was very boring but it does seem like every game this season is going to be a goal fest, cause we seem to be able to concede and give the ball away VERY easily.

Esson looked good, made an excellent save in the 1st half from a long range effort but a bit to relaxed on the ball.

McGuire was very poor, Tokely again this season will be a major weak link at RB but Hastings looked really fit and good at LB.  Munro was fine, but could obviously do with a better CB partner.

Cowie was good as always, very good goal from a tight angle, Black was impressive a few good tackles and a lucky goal, Duncan as much as i hate to admit it played rather well, good tackles and good passes.  Roy just shouldn't be playing on the Left Wing!

Barrowman was poor again upfront, never runs towards the ball and looks scared and even out of depth against a 1st division side!  Imrie was good but what is with him going mental everytime he gets subbed?  He seems like a major hot-head!

The subs did OK nothing special, but Wilson was behind the pace even after 2 mins of coming on!

Still very worried for the upcoming season!

Imrie was good but what is with him going mental everytime he gets subbed?  He seems like a major hot-head!

laugh.gif

Have you never heard of Dougie Imrie or something? He is a very temperamental player. He is pure, mad, mental!

I was very impressed with Esson today(apart from his kicking).

And Phil McGuire at times looked pritty good.

Yet another goal for Barrowman and McAllister and Cowies was a peach.

Overall i reasonably good game.

Dont think anyone was more or less guilty than anyone else of meandering thro todays game. Pretty lack lusture display. Typical pre season fare. At least I hope so...otherwise we in deep do do for the coming season

get realistic lads... we've still to go on our pre season tour. Wait until thats finished and we round up the games here. These games are far more to do with fitness. The run outs v County and St J being the only two meaniful ones as its against better than mediocre opposition. Then we can work on tactics etc against the Danish teams like Helforge and hopefully have a new centre back in by then. It seems to be the main point of concern.

4-2 is a flattering score line today I think. We took the goals well but everything else was pretty poor.

McGuire was as poor as ever, looked of the pace the entire game and was at fault for both their goals. Munro REALLY needs another Dodds type player because he seems to be lost. He played well but he isn't the Munro we knew when it was him and Dodds. Barrowman was again not very good. He works a lot but doesn't seem to read what's going on around him to well. A complete box player. Needs someone to support him. I disagree with the post that said Wilson looked of within two minutes! Did you not see the third goal? All Wilson's work. It's worrying though people, because the football is not good, and St Johnstone had chances which any one of the current strikers in the SPL could easily bury.

Esson  :003: :003: :003: Safe hands, good talker, but absolutely woeful with his feet.

Tokely :003: :003: Solid enough, but still needs to improve.

Munro :003: :003: :003: Played well I thought.

McGuire :003: V. Poor. Needs to be stronger in the air. First game since April though?

Hastings :003: :003: Poor game again. Started to hope Lionel would come on, if anything it'd be entertaining.

Black :003: :003: :003: :003: Good game, well taken goal.

Cowie :003: :003: I thought he was poor by the standards he set last season. Didn't show up in the first half apart from a fantastic goal. First touch was similar to my garden wall

Duncan :003: :003: :003: Good game I think. Less wayward passing than usual.

McBain :003: :003: :003: Pains me to say it but I thought he had a good game.

Barrowman :003: :003: :003: Fairly weak in the air today, but as long as he comes alive in the box and gets the goals i'm happy. We've needed a penalty box striker since Dargoals left, and I think in Barrowman we have him.

Imrie :003: :003: :003: Some great play, some poor. Wayward passing and needs to play the simple ball more.

Subs

Proctor :003: :003: :003: Did nothing wrong, solid shift.

Sutherland :003: :003: :003: Great ball for Rory's goal.

McAllister :003: :003: :003: Good finish, very pleased for him. Hopefully done his confidence the world of good.

Wood :003: :003: Didn't really get much of a chance, but I like the look of him. Handy to have coming off the bench. A Montrose supporting mate really rates him.

Vigurs :003: :003: A range of excellent passes but too often he got the ball taken off him from a player coming from behind; something i've noticed happen in previous games as well. Perhaps needs a bit more awareness of where the opposition are.

Wilson :003: :003: :003: Looked hungry to do well against his former employers. Great run for the 4th goal.

A special mention to Caff, who I didn't realise was playing until Rory's goal! Nice to see him back at TCS but glad he wasn't in a ICT top!

I think that's the first 11 that Brewster will put out against Aberdeen and wouldn't be too disappointed if he did. Would like to see more 4-5-1 tactics when we play away from home.

I wish I was their

when's the next pre season?

Summer 2009. Someone had to say it  :016:

We go to Denmark and play 3 games, then play away to Burnley on 2nd August.

Ross P why does it pain you to say that "Roy Mcbain had a good game?????"

Surely if you are a supporter and one of the players play well you should be happy!!!!

Yes, normally I would be delighted if Roy has a good game. However I believe we play better without him, and a good performance in a preseason friendly increases his chance of a first team place against Aberdeen. Don't get me wrong, i'll still give him my support when he's on the pitch, but I feel it's time for him to move on.

Pretty lacklustre stuff, not much entertainment for the few fans who turned up.

ICT players again looked slow and struggled to string passes together, the worry is :

1.   Mcguire did no bad, but how will he fare against SPL oppo.

2.   Barrowman did no bad, but got no service to the feet at all.. this needs sorted.

3.   Mikes position is safe. i'm assuming Esson is rusty, he looked a bit suspect on clearing the ball.

4.   Rossco is definitely needing ball practice and how to kick it to our own players.

good things:

1. Imrie looks quick and could be a good player for us this season.

2. Black will be a key player for us, he's looking good.

3. Barry came on and we looked dangerous on the right all of a sudden, up till then we were sloooooowwwwww.

4. Vigurs is improving game to game, he is going to be a good footballer.

How you thought Russell had a good game is beyond me  :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017: :017:

he was so far of the pace it was an embarrassment at times, he is a new nick name ' pass back Dunc '.

First 20 mins it was a bit like patersons team moved the ball  about well got 2 goals then lost the place I still don't understand why we have to hoof the ball up the pitch and why it should be munro who does it. We need a playmaker I know that this is maybe Blacks role but more often than not he is having to put in tackles in the middle of the park an always in the mix so he does not have the time and the space to pick the passes.

Esson had a solid game not sure what happend for their 2nd goal, he commands his area well but will need to do a bit of work on his kicking. :024: :024: