FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The amount of trialists we have had the last few months

caleyrule

I have to say i have been impressed with the amount of trialists we have been taking in over the last few months ok i admit most havnt been a success but still it shows intent by the management trying to get players and also by players by willing 2 come up 2 us i think because of the arrival of marius niculae we have may become a more fashionable club and people are now willing 2 come up 2 us comparing to around 2-3 years ago

Thoughts?

Guest zxycba

I think there are a number of elements that to this:

We have been in the SPL for a few seasons.  We didn?t fail unlike Gretna;

Being in the SPL gives us more publicity;

We have a manager who is known to lots of people from his recent playing days;

Marius and Euro 2008;

We have a history of helping underachievers perform to a high standard.  The most recent example being Rankin;

We have become a club where particular players see a chance of resurrecting their career.  The most recent example being Sean Evans;

Attracting players for a trial is one part of the equation.  The other side is are they good enough?  With the steady flow we have seen, Craig Brewster is in a position to turn down a trialist if they are not quite up to the expected standards.  This will help raise standards future trialist think they need to achieve.

All in all, I think this is quite positive. 

Guest WynessLegend

If we had managed to have sold the two faced mercenary we may also have signed a couple of the trialists. He would be better off kissing our feckin erses than the feckin badge.

But how would he know which end your arse was at?

If we had managed to have sold the two faced mercenary we may also have signed a couple of the trialists. He would be better off kissing our feckin erses than the feckin badge.

[/quote

Whats the point of signing trialists if their not up to the required standard?

Thats surely why their called trialists.... they're on trial- earn yourself a contract

Some clubs can buy all their diamonds already finished from the jewellers, some get most as rough stones from the dealers and polish them themselves...at ICT we have to mine them and that involves sifting through a lot of chit.

Triallists are a common part of modern football. Players get released from clubs, agents try and tout them and clubs ask to see them. Many's a time in the past a player would be recommended or signed on reputation on the field but would turn out to be a bit of an idiot of it. Giving a trial allows both parties to assess how they'll fit in. It gives coaches an idea of training workrate, temprament etc. Can only be a good thing all round.

But how would he know which end your arse was at?

The tatw who pushes the abuse buton and cries for his feckin weans is at it again.  :018:

Whats annoying is the players we have taken on trial most recently even stretching back to last summer have not been signed.

Christie took 6 trialist last year and signed none. :tic01:

Brewsters taken 4 so far and signed 1.........Lionel Djebi zadi  :rolleyes02:

I'd be happy to go on trial. Im free, available and a scoring machine :023:

Sorry we talking about football here. Well if the grass is dry i suppose i could lie down on it (after collapsing from running a yard)